Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Issue is he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this season. His pace didn't lead down dead ends, it was very effective, he just couldn't make it matter often enough...so that something that might change on its own next season

Chelsea do struggle when they don't have space in behind, yeah, which is why a pure CF is very much needed. A couple dribblers on the wings wouldn't hurt either

It's a weird team, because their best XI right now is absolute murder against great sides that give them space - and werner has routinely blown up defences sometimes without even playing well in those situations - but it doesn't quite work that reliably against weaker sides that park the bus. But on the other hand they do have most of the pieces for that too on their bench, they just lack a great presence in the box
Which team with a pure CF is great at breaking down low blocks? The only one that cones to mind is Bayern and their CF is incredibly good with a ball at his feet. City is probably the best team in tge world at beating park the bus teams and they played without a striker all season whereas various teams with great strikers (Juventus, Tottenham, etc) struggled much more because they didn't create enough chances. Chelsea created enough of those against weak and strong teams already. They either need an upgrade on Werner but the same type of player or have him not feck up the easiest opportunities comstantly.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
This can't break down low blocks is a myth. We make plenty of chances. We just miss them. Werner hasn't had 18 big chances missed and 16 goals ruled out against just the top teams alone. And that's just one player every single one of the forwards has been guilty of missing.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
But he could have easily been the reason you lost it. Imagine City scoring after Teemu fluffed all those chances?
He's been fluffing chances long before Tuchel even came in and he still continued fluffing chances. We still made top 4, FA Cup final and won the CL. Good thing our success this season was never dependent solely on him scoring goals.
Hopefully he works on his finishing and gain a bit of confidence in front of goal next season, that's the only issue I have with his game.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This can't break down low blocks is a myth. We make plenty of chances. We just miss them. Werner hasn't had 18 big chances missed and 16 goals ruled out against just the top teams alone. And that's just one player every single one of the forwards has been guilty of missing.
Exactly this, Xg shows it too. We should be scoring far more goals.

I imagine Tuchel told Abramovich what he wants in Porto yesterday. Going to be an interesting transfer window.

I see Werner being given one more season to sort his finishing. He still adds a lot though even with his poor goal scoring form. If he doesn't start scoring next season I reckon he'll be out.

His presence is the reason Havertz was onside for the final goal. He drags Dias across and Dias position is a good 4 meters deeper than Werner. Dias terrified of his pace in behind. Zinchenko doesn’t anticipate that deeper position and is wrong side of Havertz who is then well onside.

I reckon if Werner plays with another forward who is banging goals in he will remember how as well.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Exactly this, Xg shows it too. We should be scoring far more goals.

I imagine Tuchel told Abramovich what he wants in Porto yesterday. Going to be an interesting transfer window.

I see Werner being given one more season to sort his finishing. He still adds a lot though even with his poor goal scoring form. If he doesn't start scoring next season I reckon he'll be out.

His presence is the reason Havertz was onside for the final goal. He drags Dias across and Dias position is a good 4 meters deeper than Werner. Dias terrified of his pace in behind. Zinchenko doesn’t anticipate that deeper position and is wrong side of Havertz who is then well onside.

I reckon if Werner plays with another forward who is banging goals in he will remember how as well.
It's like the arsenal game one where we were genuinely shit. We still had enough chances to win the match. Kai missed a sitter
Mount had a few chances we had a few headers zouma giroud hit the bar etc.
If we get a top 9 we will be a force next season.

dinostar77

Werner reminds me of Forlan at Utd, who couldnt hit a barn door either. Eventually it will click but maybe not at chelsea. As was the case for forlan where it clicked for him at villareal.

Bondi77

He is similar to Fred; He has a great engine and will run all game but when he has the ball at his feet there is this expectation he is going to trip over and the corner flags are in more danger of being hit than the goal when they attempt to score.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is similar to Fred; He has a great engine and will run all game but when he has the ball at his feet there is this expectation he is going to trip over and the corner flags are in more danger of being hit than the goal when they attempt to score.
Are you saying Werner is a natural DM? Or that Fred should move to Leipzig and play up front?

bleedred

So what's going to happen to Werner with lukaku coming in. Out wide? or bench?

edcunited1878

Wide. Pulisic being the one who misses out though he didn't play much anyway.

Lukaku
Werner Havertz/Mount Ziyech
Is the probable front four
But Chelsea under Tuchel have played with a back 3 and wingbacks, with two central mids in Kante, Kovacic, or Jorginho. The front 3 has between between Mount (who is a mainstay in the side), Werner, Havertz, and Pulisic.

So a 343 or 3412.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What a classless idiot...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Thats because they have Lukaku now. He will be in shock once Lukaku misses his sitter or miscontrol a pass or doing a step over only to confuse himself while the defender steals the ball.

big rons sovereign

Thats because they have Lukaku now. He will be in shock once Lukaku misses his sitter or miscontrol a pass or doing a step over only to confuse himself while the defender steals the ball.
Or step on the ball and fall on his arse.
But he'll do lots of pointing, so much pointing. And thumbs up.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
they'll play together and I think it’ll be good. It takes the pressure off Werner big time. Havertz Mount and Werner behind Lukaku is serious stuff

criticalanalysis

If they click then it can be a fruitful partnership. Werner's pace and movement means he always gets in good positions but doesn't have the composure to score 1 vs 1 or from an angle. Now he can cut back for Lukaku and basically stat pad each other.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But Chelsea under Tuchel have played with a back 3 and wingbacks, with two central mids in Kante, Kovacic, or Jorginho. The front 3 has between between Mount (who is a mainstay in the side), Werner, Havertz, and Pulisic.

So a 343 or 3412.
It'll be Lukaku, Mount and Havertz/Pulisic

Oranges038

He's just saying what they were all thinking for the last year.

Settle down Karen.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
You're calling her Karen but if I was there I'd have gone fecking mental too.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He's just saying what they were all thinking for the last year.

Settle down Karen.
No mate I am werner s critic since Lampard was sacked.But despite his alergic nature in front of goal since November you simply can't fault him for his workrate. He was one of main factors most top teams struggled to play against chelsea.

Yes I hate him but won the champions league with him in starting 11 nothing more you could have asked for from team.

Yes he need to improve his goal tally but not worried much about him since his general game play was top notch and always causes problem for teams played against chelsea. Without him we looked flat in attack and general play and coming season chelsea will get more from him in my opinion.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Props to the lady.

It's one thing criticising players who don't try or are generally jerks, and another picking on players who are working hard for the side but suffering from bad form and low confidence.

Also, must mention that it was daft on the club giving mic to random people. There's always one clown, lacking brain cells and maturity.