Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This will be a Berbatov deadline day nonsense. Levy is a twat.

IrishRedDevil

This will be a Berbatov deadline day nonsense. Levy is a twat.
It won't do him any favours though, as Spurs are the only PL club not to sign a player yet. Levy can drag this into deadline day if he wants, but then the pressure will be on him even more to go and sign someone with the money he receives.

Alderweireld only returned to training yesterday, so it's not like he was missed at United. Just sit back and watch the drama unfold.

Ekeke

Most of those long balls are diagonal passes to wingers.
Because his team dont have Lukaku up front and Fellaini a little deeper. For Belgium a lot are through the middle too. Against England they all were, against Brazil some in the middle but a lot wide too. So depends on the match

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because his team dont have Lukaku up front and Fellaini a little deeper. For Belgium a lot are through the middle too. Against England they all were, against Brazil some in the middle but a lot wide too. So depends on the match
I'm not going by stats, I'm going by what I watched. He always switched the play and passed the ball to wingers or very advanced fullbacks.

Member 5225

Why don’t players kick up a fuss these days (only seems to happen TO our players when they wanna leave). Courtois a perfect example, will get his move most likely.

Similar to CR7, Suarez, Coutinho, Neymar, etc.

AndyJ1985

Why don’t players kick up a fuss these days (only seems to happen TO our players when they wanna leave). Courtois a perfect example, will get his move most likely.

Similar to CR7, Suarez, Coutinho, Neymar, etc.
It's unprofessional

‘Loyality’ bonuses - can be worth millions. The maturity of the time the players get their own way, if they hand in a transfer request, it can cost them an absolute fortune in lost loyality oaymantd built into their contract.

Cliche Guevara

‘Loyality’ bonuses - can be worth millions. The maturity of the time the players get their own way, if they hand in a transfer request, it can cost them an absolute fortune in lost loyality oaymantd built into their contract.
Is this true? I’ve never heard of such a thing as loyalty bonuses in football before last summer.

Why are they that relevant? It’s not like it changes whether a club wants to sell a player or not or has much of an impact in preventing players leaving clubs.

Ekeke

I'm not going by stats, I'm going by what I watched. He always switched the play and passed the ball to wingers or very advanced fullbacks.
Okay. I'm going by chalkboards. Some matches at the world cup he did indeed do mostly long passes to the wings. Other matches through the middle

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This will still happen, it’ll just be a dramatic deadline day nonsense because Levy enjoys being in the spotlight.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't see the advantage for Spurs to hold on at this point.
There is no advantage to be had. Levy would be a fool to keep Alderweireld at Spurs beyond this transfer window.

This 'saga' will continue right to the last minute before Woody, in his desperation to acquire that which Jose has been nagging him for all summer, will cave into Levy's demands and make Toby a United player. We've been here before with Spurs.

J_XO

I’ve come round to the idea of sticking with what we’ve got for now and then either going back for Toby and paying the release clause or go big for Skriniar next summer. No point getting Boateng/Mina for the sake of it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't see the advantage for Spurs to hold on at this point.
No idea what’s going on, some way apart on the fee? Who knows
Is this true? I’ve never heard of such a thing as loyalty bonuses in football before last summer.

Why are they that relevant? It’s not like it changes whether a club wants to sell a player or not or has much of an impact in preventing players leaving clubs.
Been around for a while it’s why you do t see many transfer requests being handed in, the longer the player is at the club the bigger the bonus usually. Toby likes the money hence he hasn’t said anything at all.

Seven Seas Sardines

I’ve come round to the idea of sticking with what we’ve got for now and then either going back for Toby and paying the release clause or go big for Skriniar next summer. No point getting Boateng/Mina for the sake of it.
I think a majority in here would prefer no CB signing to Boateng or Mina. We don't need more average, headless and injury prone players. Better to pay 25m next year for Alderweireld.

Roons111

Supports
spurs
"
I think a majority in here would prefer no CB signing to Boateng or Mina. We don't need more average, headless and injury prone players. Better to pay 25m next year for Alderweireld.
At 60m+ you are the only club at 25M there's a lot of competition that's the risk you are taking.

We have no say so includes Chelsea and the nomads

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
There is no advantage to be had. Levy would be a fool to keep Alderweireld at Spurs beyond this transfer window.

This 'saga' will continue right to the last minute before Woody, in his desperation to acquire that which Jose has been nagging him for all summer, will cave into Levy's demands and make Toby a United player. We've been here before with Spurs.

Spurs have 2 offers on the table for Toby from overseas, so Levy is in no rush as their windows closes after ours and before you say the Toby has to agree to move do you honestly think at his age he wants to be a bench warmer for another season? Both teams are in CL too.

So yes there is an advantage as why should we sell to a rival and make them stronger and from reading all your comments its obviously will as he is still a top defender so you need to give us something in return that makes us stronger or no deal.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Spurs have 2 offers on the table for Toby from overseas, so Levy is in no rush as their windows closes after ours and before you say the Toby has to agree to move do you honestly think at his age he wants to be a bench warmer for another season? Both teams are in CL too.

So yes there is an advantage as why should we sell to a rival and make them stronger and from reading all your comments its obviously will as he is still a top defender so you need to give us something in return that makes us stronger or no deal.
From who? (also, source?)

Cliche Guevara

Name them...

Speculation, speculation, speculation/ making things up.

For a start if Toby stays at Spurs I would hope he backs himself to get his starting place back - which I’m sure he would.

Secondly, I very much doubt that there are any offers on the table from anyone but United - if there were, they would be nowhere near that of Utd. But, why don’t you enlighten us all and name the two clubs?

Is this true Squishy? @SquishyMcSquish

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Utter garbage. Surely you would have cut and run by now then with the overseas offers, if they existed and get on with your business.

El-Manos

Why is he still at Spurs then? Talking utter nonsense.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

If true, then United wouldn't even be involved in the race for his signature. Levy would flat out refuse United's offer and accept either of the offers from overseas. Yet, as it stands, United are still firmly in the battle which tells me your claim is false.

Can you provide evidence to support your claim?

Castia

Ofc they do.....

You need the money to invest before Thursdays window closes it makes no sense to hold out from anybody. If anything when the window shuts it puts you at a disadvantage the foreign clubs have a free shot at your player without United upping their offer.

Last edited:

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
Speculation, speculation, speculation/ making things up.

For a start if Toby stays at Spurs I would hope he backs himself to get his starting place back - which I’m sure he would.

Secondly, I very much doubt that there are any offers on the table from anyone but United - if there were, they would be nowhere near that of Utd. But, why don’t you enlighten us all and name the two clubs?
The reason Toby didn't hardly play back end of last season was because he changed his mind on signing a contract he had agreed too after 'Pool put vVD on stupid money. But it went further and from what we are told he is now well out of favour with Posh as he not seemed a "Team Player"

As to where the offers are from well its hardly rocket science and I'm sure you can work it out just look at which CL clubs aboard are after a CB and a €45m bid would be accecptable from them as its not strengthen one of our PL rivals, the other bid is currently not as much as that apparently, but they too are keen and they will have more time to finance the move with sales in the next few weeks.

Only passing on what I read on Spurs fans websites, and its on more than one.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Is this true Squishy? @SquishyMcSquish
As far as I know, no. I haven't seen any serious links to anybody but United. He wants big wages, that's the entire reason he wants to leave, no clubs on the continent are about to hand a CB the kind of money he wants. United have been the only serious links all summer, he clearly wants you and knows you can pay him what he wants. If he goes anywhere I'm 99% sure it'll be to you, and I do think a deal will be done on deadline day.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If true, then United wouldn't even be involved in the race for his signature. Levy would flat out refuse United's offer and accept either of the offers from overseas. Yet, as it stands, United are still firmly in the battle which tells me your claim is false.

Can you provide evidence to support your claim?
There is no solid evidence for it. No team outside the Premier League will match his wage demands and the money Levy will want, it's nonsense. May have been some trashy tabloid links to clubs on the continent but I haven't seen a single solid source say anything other than there's negotiations going on with United.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
As far as I know, no. I haven't seen any serious links to anybody but United. He wants big wages, that's the entire reason he wants to leave, no clubs on the continent are about to hand a CB the kind of money he wants. United have been the only serious links all summer, he clearly wants you and knows you can pay him what he wants. If he goes anywhere I'm 99% sure it'll be to you, and I do think a deal will be done on deadline day.
Ofcourse it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.