Today marks 10,000 days since Liverpool last won the league

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You'd think after 10,000 days United fans would have shrugged off their inferior complexes but no, 10,000 days later they're still posting threads like this instead of being happy about their own team.

And they say Liverpool fans live in the past :D

Coming tomorrow - It's been 39 years since that hot girl at school turned me down for a snog. Now look at me, I've snogged lots more girls than her but I never think about her, not at all - honestly.
There's no need to be upset. It's alright, let it go. There, there.

freeurmind

weak willed
Interested to ask all you United fans how you felt watching City lift that title? Surely it didn't feel quite as bad knowing you were never in the race and the alternative being Gerrard lifting it?
To quote Gary Neville "its like picking one of two blokes to nick your wife". How Liverpool lost it made it enjoyable in the end though.

OneUnited24

I reckon a lot of fans celebrated City winning the league as much as City fans.
I doubt thats true but i cant see how any United fan would ever want Liverpool to win the title.

With Citys resources they'll always be up there. Had Liverpool won they would never shut up about it

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Liverpool's 2013-14 season was like something out of a cheesy sports movie. Looking back on their season from the moment the final whistle blew against City is just hilarious. Starting with 'this does not slip' and ending with City lifting the title, it's just one laugh after another.

Interested to ask all you United fans how you felt watching City lift that title? Surely it didn't feel quite as bad knowing you were never in the race and the alternative being Gerrard lifting it?

Lesser of two evils really. It hurt watching city win, especially when we just had out worst season in recent memory - just an absolute shit show from us- and the optimism from the scousers just made it a million times worse.

It really looked like they was going to win it and that was depressing. So those infamous games that took place at Anfield and Crystanbull, brought a bit of joy to and otherwise awful season.

I think i speak for many United fans here and simply say, anyone but Liverpool.

clarkydaz

Liverpool's 2013-14 season was like something out of a cheesy sports movie. Looking back on their season from the moment the final whistle blew against City is just hilarious. Starting with 'this does not slip' and ending with City lifting the title, it's just one laugh after another.

Relieved. We had Moyes as manager, Fergie had left and suddenly Liverpool were about to win the league out of nowhere the moment he stepped down. That was complete destiny for them after he banished them to the wilderness for years

Nobody really cares about city outside Etihad, so for me was perfect. Even that season is more remembered for Liverpool's collapse than Citys win

Hojoon

I doubt thats true but i cant see how any United fan would ever want Liverpool to win the title.

With Citys resources they'll always be up there. Had Liverpool won they would never shut up about it
It was an exaggeration but a lot of fans celebrating and commemorating the slip even though it was clear City would be the next favorites said everything.

AXVnee7

The slip has to be the funniest moment in PL history. The nation was laughing and continued to do so all next season.

Have to say though 10,000 days is appalling. Long may it continue :D

Fully Fledged

Go back and look at the CAF thread it was hilarious.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
You'd think after 10,000 days United fans would have shrugged off their inferior complexes but no, 10,000 days later they're still posting threads like this instead of being happy about their own team.

And they say Liverpool fans live in the past
:D

Coming tomorrow - It's been 39 years since that hot girl at school turned me down for a snog. Now look at me, I've snogged lots more girls than her but I never think about her, not at all - honestly.
The 10000th day anniversary isnt happening in the past, but today.

And its significant because it signifies a lack of success which is very much in the present.

K2K

Interested to ask all you United fans how you felt watching City lift that title?
Surely it didn't feel quite as bad knowing you were never in the race and the alternative being Gerrard lifting it?
Remember the game against Everton away which basically sealed the title for them, and I was ecstatic that they won.

City winning the title is annoying, but Liverpool winning the league is the stuff that nightmares are made off. The fact that they had come so close made the joy just a bit more sweeter.

For United fans, it wasn't about City winning the league, but Liverpool throwing it away in the most poetic fashion.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
The 10000th day anniversary isnt happening in the past, but today.

And its significant because it signifies a lack of success which is very much in the present.
An anniversary is a celebration of something happened prior, not present. Or I'd be be celebrating the anniversary of having a big poo I just did about 30 minutes ago.

Saying that, it's been 30 minutes. Happy anniversary slightly sore bumhole.

Natener

Leicester and Man City have both gone from playing in PL to 3rd tier english football to becoming PL champions in this 10,000 days.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
ive got yer back mate. Don't listen to them

Don't know what it is about that club but my word, you don't half ask to be laughed at
Certain members perhaps, that's not a club it's a minority. I'm more of a pessimist than an idealist, I see the flaws and point them out.

Laughing at Liverpool isn't a new thing. It's not even humorous anymore, just smacks of inferiority that even after years of no success, mixed with years of your success, we're still the first thing on your lips season after season.

It's like Tyson mentioning Bruno now, 20+ years after he beat him. Your rivals are City and Chelsea. But you can't let go of that niggling pain that is Liverpool. I find it amusing myself. The more educated fans at United don't even regard Liverpool in their rivalry, a bit like I don't regard Leeds as a rival now. They were once, but now? Meh!

Fully Fledged

An anniversary is a celebration of something happened prior, not present. Or I'd be be celebrating the anniversary of having a big poo I just did about 30 minutes ago.

That is true if you are celebrating something happening. If you are celebrating something not happening then it takes in the period that something hasn't happened including the current day. That makes it both historic and current.

Say you hadn't had that poo for 5 days that is a current complaint that you would be feeling the effects of. You go to the doctor he wouldn't say don't worry it's in the past.

I must admit I see your logic of comparing Liverpool's 10,000 day anniversary with poo. It's kind of fitting really.

K2K

But this anniversary isn't about you winning the title decades ago, but rather an appreciation of the time that has passed since.

So it's a continuous celebration the more time progresses. Not so hard to comprehend.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
That is true if you are celebrating something happening. If you are celebrating something not happening then it takes in the period that something hasn't happened including the current day. That makes it both historic and current.

Say you hadn't had that poo for 5 days that is a current complaint that you would be feeling the effects of. You go to the doctor he wouldn't say don't worry it's in the past.

I must admit I see your logic of comparing Liverpool's 10,000 day anniversary with poo. It's kind of fitting really.
It's 10,000 days since Liverpool won the league right? So it's an anniversary. Smokers celebrate a year anniversary of NOT smoking. I find it amusing someone even took the time to count the days. When's the one million hours anniversary going to get a thread?

Doesn't anyone else see how sad this is? If I saw a thread like this on say, Liverpools forum talking about the last time Everton won something I'd cringe and be embarrassed.

Celebrate your success, be happy you've got a decent team for the first time in years. Looking back makes you as bad as them idiots that chant 5 times. Rivalry is great, I can't wait to play your lot this season now Jose has got some balls and might leave his bis at home. I promise not to mention something from the 80s if we win, lose or draw :D

clarkydaz

Certain members perhaps, that's not a club it's a minority. I'm more of a pessimist than an idealist, I see the flaws and point them out.

Laughing at Liverpool isn't a new thing. It's not even humorous anymore, just smacks of inferiority that even after years of no success, mixed with years of your success, we're still the first thing on your lips season after season.

It's like Tyson mentioning Bruno now, 20+ years after he beat him. Your rivals are City and Chelsea. But you can't let go of that niggling pain that is Liverpool. I find it amusing myself. The more educated fans at United don't even regard Liverpool in their rivalry, a bit like I don't regard Leeds as a rival now. They were once, but now? Meh!
this is a decent post bar the last bit. We're the 2 biggest clubs in the land, with history and tradition clubs like City and Chelsea don't have. Of course its sweeter watching your blunders. There just happens to be lots of them

Fully Fledged

It's 10,000 days since Liverpool won the league right? So it's an anniversary. Smokers celebrate a year anniversary of NOT smoking. I find it amusing someone even took the time to count the days. When's the one million hours anniversary going to get a thread?

Doesn't anyone else see how sad this is? If I saw a thread like this on say, Liverpools forum talking about the last time Everton won something I'd cringe and be embarrassed.

Celebrate your success, be happy you've got a decent team for the first time in years. Looking back makes you as bad as them idiots that chant 5 times. Rivalry is great, I can't wait to play your lot this season now Jose has got some balls and might leave his bis at home. I promise not to mention something from the 80s if we win, lose or draw :D
An alcoholic while celebrating how many days since they last had a drink will tell you the most important day is the current one. The same is true for people giving up smoking.

As for the 5 times as far as I'm concerned they have every right. You have won the European Cup more times than any other EPL team.That's something to be proud of. What's the point of supporting a team if you don't care about it's history? Yes and bring it up against your rivals.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
An alcoholic while celebrating how many days since they last had a drink will tell you the most important day is the current one. The same is true for people giving up smoking.

As for the 5 times as far as I'm concerned they have every right. You have won the European Cup more times than any other EPL team.That's something to be proud of. What's the point of supporting a team if you don't care about it's history? Yes and bring it up against your rivals.
You can be proud by all means, but constantly yammering on about it when you're no longer relevant is kinda cringey. I hate the chants at Anfield when they get into history. Not that I'm not proud of the fact, it just gets boring and it's a sign you're shit when you have to keep harping on about what you did. Most the people that chant it weren't even around for more than one, never saw Kenny play yet wax lyrical, mention Digger as their fave player yet never seen him play apart from a youtube montage.

It's not just United fans bringing up this kinda shit that makes me face-palm, it's my own team and others relying on past glories. Try working with a few Leeds fans. I'd be rich if I got a pound for every time they mention that anomaly when they got to a CL semi. Comes out at least once per week.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Liverpool fans really ought to steer well clear of this thread.

I grew up watching them win everything. If you'd have told me in May 1990 that they'd go this long I'd have had you shipped off to a secure hospital.

Funny how it turned out. The only blip was 2005, but thankfully 2008 came along to put that one back in its box.

Fully Fledged

You can be proud by all means, but constantly yammering on about it when you're no longer relevant is kinda cringey. I hate the chants at Anfield when they get into history. Not that I'm not proud of the fact, it just gets boring and it's a sign you're shit when you have to keep harping on about what you did. Most the people that chant it weren't even around for more than one, never saw Kenny play yet wax lyrical, mention Digger as their fave player yet never seen him play apart from a youtube montage.

It's not just United fans bringing up this kinda shit that makes me face-palm, it's my own team and others relying on past glories. Try working with a few Leeds fans. I'd be rich if I got a pound for every time they mention that anomaly when they got to a CL semi. Comes out at least once per week.
Of course it's relevant. Util somebody beats it it's the record.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
If there are fans of United who don't consider Liverpool a huge rivalry then they most likely only became United fans in the last 10 years.

Rivalries are made of more then just who you are fighting for the title it is about the long history between the two clubs, even between the two cities for many.

Any educated football fan knows this.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Took the words right out of my mouth.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Jesus dude, lighten the feck up, it's just a bit of fun. Here, these pics should help you cheer up:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

And they say Liverpool fans live in the past :D

I know loads of Liverpool fans ... I used to play Sunday league and there were 3 or 4 in the team. They reminded me about how long it was since United won a title EVERY TIME THEY SAW ME.

It's United and Liverpool, what do you expect? Do you think if we went on a shite run and Liverpool started winning titles, you and other Liverpool fans wouldn't ram it down United fans' throats? I'm sure they would and I'd expect it.

(PS... Your posts are broadly ok, balanced. Good to see)

Last edited:

AXVnee7

Not as sad as a Liverpool fan telling United fans how to behave on a United forum...

There's no reason why we can't be happy for our own team, and laugh at Liverpool too. In fact it makes all the more fun.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You couldn't have made it up yourself. Gerrard saying this doesn't slip and then he slips himself. Simply amazing.

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
Football is so weird when it comes to supporters banter. I laugh at a guy because someone who isn't me lost to someone who isn't him. We even classify each other by what team we support (which can be justified to some extent as there is an appealing attraction that could reflect personality). But to reduce a person to the club he support is just mind-boggling!
Thing is, it's a bit smalltime no matter who does it, and to complain about who thinks who is obsessed is just a metaobsession. I was so dissapointed when they did this on the pod.
Most members here may actually see it for what it is, but I swear others belive in it, and this place just fuels the fire. You go to the RAWK meltdownthread, and different RAWK-posters are quoted, but their site is judged as one. So when the quotes are incongrugent, they are made to look stupid. You could easily do the same cherrypickings and get an evenly contradictory set of quotes here.
Had to get that off my chest. I'll get my coat.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Football is so weird when it comes to supporters banter. I laugh at a guy because someone who isn't me lost to someone who isn't him. We even classify each other by what team we support (which can be justified to some extent as there is an appealing attraction that could reflect personality). But to reduce a person to the club he support is just mind-boggling!
Thing is, it's a bit smalltime no matter who does it, and to complain about who thinks who is obsessed is just a metaobsession. I was so dissapointed when they did this on the pod.
Most members here may actually see it for what it is, but I swear others belive in it, and this place just fuels the fire. You go to the RAWK meltdownthread, and different RAWK-posters are quoted, but their site is judged as one. So when the quotes are incongrugent, they are made to look stupid. You could easily do the same cherrypickings and get an evenly contradictory set of quotes here.
Had to get that off my chest. I'll get my coat.
No one cares.