Today marks 10,000 days since Liverpool last won the league

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
No one cares.
I know, it's just been bothering me. Then I saw that horrible attempt of an analogy, and I felt the time was right to express it. I'll lay it to rest now.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
You couldn't have made it up yourself. Gerrard saying this doesn't slip and then he slips himself. Simply amazing.
And a club famous for a 3-3 comeback end up throwing the league away in the exact same manner. Crystanbul is almost mythical. Magic.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know, it's just been bothering me. Then I saw that horrible attempt of an analogy, and I felt the time was right to express it. I'll lay it to rest now.
:lol:

Schneckerl

I hope I won't see the day that we'll have a drought like that. We had one slightly shorter and one way longer altough the later was in ancient times.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Football is so weird when it comes to supporters banter. I laugh at a guy because someone who isn't me lost to someone who isn't him. We even classify each other by what team we support (which can be justified to some extent as there is an appealing attraction that could reflect personality). But to reduce a person to the club he support is just mind-boggling!
Thing is, it's a bit smalltime no matter who does it, and to complain about who thinks who is obsessed is just a metaobsession. I was so dissapointed when they did this on the pod.
Most members here may actually see it for what it is, but I swear others belive in it, and this place just fuels the fire. You go to the RAWK meltdownthread, and different RAWK-posters are quoted, but their site is judged as one. So when the quotes are incongrugent, they are made to look stupid. You could easily do the same cherrypickings and get an evenly contradictory set of quotes here.
Had to get that off my chest. I'll get my coat.
Sure I remember we had a Redcafe goes into Meltdown thread.
At the end of the day, football boils down to tribalism, and so long as you don't take it too seriously it's all good.

Joeace2020

I know it can be painful as a Liverpool fan to have won nothing in such a long time and still have your main rival rub it in, but to demand that United fans stop hating on Liverpool because we have been more successful and Liverpool have been well.. Pathetic is deluded in my opinion. @Hullyback you should research into the rivalries in the Spanish, German and French football and when you are done, maybe you will understand why some of the world's most successful teams in these leagues still take joy in mocking their local rivals who have won nothing of note recently (dating back to probably the 70's in some cases) whenever they beat them or have won a major trophy. Nothing gives me more join than seeing Liverpool fail and i have no apologies. Weirdly i am from Nigeria and it's amazing that Liverpool fans are not upto a million here but my God they just as deluded as their fans in the Uk. Is this a prerequisite for supporting Liverpool?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Liverpool's 2013-14 season was like something out of a cheesy sports movie. Looking back on their season from the moment the final whistle blew against City is just hilarious. Starting with 'this does not slip' and ending with City lifting the title, it's just one laugh after another.

Interested to ask all you United fans how you felt watching City lift that title? Surely it didn't feel quite as bad knowing you were never in the race and the alternative being Gerrard lifting it?
Yeah, it was all too perfect with Liverpool to be that bothered. City winning doesn't bother me anywhere near as much anyway as I see them as a plastic club.

wr8_utd

:'(
Liverpool's 2013-14 season was like something out of a cheesy sports movie. Looking back on their season from the moment the final whistle blew against City is just hilarious. Starting with 'this does not slip' and ending with City lifting the title, it's just one laugh after another.

Interested to ask all you United fans how you felt watching City lift that title? Surely it didn't feel quite as bad knowing you were never in the race and the alternative being Gerrard lifting it?
I felt absolutely bloody ecstatic. I knew Cit is the only chance of Liverpool not winning the title and I was all out supporting them at the end of that season. Their match at Goodison was pure and utter AGONY! Those 7 mins of stoppage time are among the most difficult I've ever sat through.

redtilded121

my personal favourite fact is schmeichmels son has won the premier league before them :lol:

AshRK

and here's to another 10k :D
It's so ironic how it was jose who stopped Liverpool from winning the title , off course then there was crystal palace but still jose being the guy who started the job of not letting them win and now he is here managing us. I always feel we are going to do something special under him. The era has started , I am excited what he does with us.

EyeInTheSky

An anniversary is a celebration of something happened prior, not present. Or I'd be be celebrating the anniversary of having a big poo I just did about 30 minutes ago.

Saying that, it's been 30 minutes. Happy anniversary slightly sore bumhole.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
what an unfortunate aligning of the stars...puke!

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
10000 days. there must be loads of teams with more titles than us. Who are they all?

Kapardin

It's so ironic how it was jose who stopped Liverpool from winning the title , off course then there was crystal palace but still jose being the guy who started the job of not letting them win and now he is here managing us. I always feel we are going to do something special under him. The era has started , I am excited what he does with us.
Tbh, Chelsea's feud with Benitez and the way they screwed Liverpool under Jose almost made the fans of both clubs come together for a bit. They have had quite a spell of tension with Liverpool themselves. Gerrard's last interview about Chelsea fans was so bitter.

Commonalities. That's probably why I don't feel anything if Chelsea win the league, when we don't of course. And its' probably why the best Chelsea players/managers are automatically attracted to signing for us.;)

But yeah, I think that moment in history made it clear that Jose was meant to manage United.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Oh man. As a Dortmund fan this thread reminds me of Schalke. We sing "A life long without a (championship-) shield in the hand". It's been 59 years (21000+ days) and 2001 they were pretty much champions for 4 minutes and somehow Bayern made he goal in the 94th minute from some ridiculous freekick. I think the stadion even announced that the Bayern game ended by that point and everyone was celebrating. To top it all off - we (Dortmund) won the championship a year after.

They had another shot 2006-2007 when Bayern had a complete shite season and Stuttgart was starting the game 0-1 when they had to win. But it wasn't as satisfying as the 2001 4 minute championship. They also never won the Bundesliga.

So may you have 22 more Liverpool years without a championship ahead.

Last edited: