Gaming Tom Clancy's - The Division | Division 2 announced

Chiring

I'm running 4 strikers and 2 lone star....straight dps build. I get around 400k.
What are you running?
Sounds good...I'm trying to go for a balanced build...where I have decent dps and armor...am touching about 4500 firearms with about 6100 stamina...I'm running with the Barrett's vest, savage gloves, accomplished knee pads and a specialized backpack...

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Sounds good...I'm trying to go for a balanced build...where I have decent dps and armor...am touching about 4500 firearms with about 6100 stamina...I'm running with the Barrett's vest, savage gloves, accomplished knee pads and a specialized backpack...
I'm looking to try a HE build:

Barret's chest (No skills on cooldown increases skill power by 10% - One skill on cooldown increases damage by 5% - Two skills on cooldown increases armour by 10%)
Specialized Backpack (Add 200% of Firearms and Stamina to Skill Power)
Refreshed Mask (All healing is improved by 30% when in the last segment of Health)
Skull MC Gloves (Damage increased by 16% when no gear set bonuses are active)
Shortbow Kneepads (The fuse time on grenades is reduced to 0.20 seconds)
Nimble Holster (While doing a cover to cover move in combat, you heal 2% of your max Health for every 1 meter run)

I currently have a god-roll Barret's Chest, Specialized backpack and Nimble holster. I'm pairing these with 3x Firecrest which I really like, but looking to pick up the above mask, gloves and kneepads (although might just use Accomplished kneepads).

I haven't been farming the LZ bosses for a while, so will go back to then to try and get the gloves.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
They need to add a few really rare items to this game, you get all existing loot way too quick.

The only thing I haven't managed to get is that Barrett's chestpiece, which I've not even been bothered to get.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Have some Borderland-ish itch recently, want to play something like that with loot n stufff.

Is this enjoyable in any way single player, like story, missions etc? I don't really like multiplayer/co op shooters much.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Have some Borderland-ish itch recently, want to play something like that with loot n stufff.

Is this enjoyable in any way single player, like story, missions etc? I don't really like multiplayer/co op shooters much.
Yes, if you liked Borderlands you will like this aswell.

paulscholes18

I'm looking to try a HE build:

Barret's chest (No skills on cooldown increases skill power by 10% - One skill on cooldown increases damage by 5% - Two skills on cooldown increases armour by 10%)
Specialized Backpack (Add 200% of Firearms and Stamina to Skill Power)
Refreshed Mask (All healing is improved by 30% when in the last segment of Health)
Skull MC Gloves (Damage increased by 16% when no gear set bonuses are active)
Shortbow Kneepads (The fuse time on grenades is reduced to 0.20 seconds)
Nimble Holster (While doing a cover to cover move in combat, you heal 2% of your max Health for every 1 meter run)

I currently have a god-roll Barret's Chest, Specialized backpack and Nimble holster. I'm pairing these with 3x Firecrest which I really like, but looking to pick up the above mask, gloves and kneepads (although might just use Accomplished kneepads).

I haven't been farming the LZ bosses for a while, so will go back to then to try and get the gloves.
Had a good few days of getting Exotics, on Tuesday did 2 LZ boss runs, got Skulls gloves and Tenebrae, Yesterday finally got a showstopper from Lexington and now just got a Caduceus from another LZ boss run to go with my reclaimer set for 1.6

Chiring

Had a good few days of getting Exotics, on Tuesday did 2 LZ boss runs, got Skulls gloves and Tenebrae, Yesterday finally got a showstopper from Lexington and now just got a Caduceus from another LZ boss run to go with my reclaimer set for 1.6
That's more than a good few days mate... rng gods must be smiling at you...

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Apparently now runs at 4k on ps4pro.
I was looking at some of the updates they have made - removing armour and replacing it with health etc...Seems as though people have said it is closer to 1.3 - so NPCs take a long time to die, and you feel squishier. Really disappointing if so. They have also nerfed skill power so you need to be around 300k to have any benefit. Plus the cooldown timers have been increased - people saying seeker mines have gone from 5 secs to 30 secs even with a SP build.

1.4 was very good, as was 1.5.

I honestly don't think I have the energy to figure out another build on this. All they do is change the parameters to force you to try something else.

Peanut Butter

Yes, if you liked Borderlands you will like this aswell.
I disagree. Borderlands is great - this is a load of repetitive nonsense.

I was looking forward to the Division for years and it was a huge let down.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I was looking at some of the updates they have made - removing armour and replacing it with health etc...Seems as though people have said it is closer to 1.3 - so NPCs take a long time to die, and you feel squishier. Really disappointing if so. They have also nerfed skill power so you need to be around 300k to have any benefit. Plus the cooldown timers have been increased - people saying seeker mines have gone from 5 secs to 30 secs even with a SP build.

1.4 was very good, as was 1.5.

I honestly don't think I have the energy to figure out another build on this. All they do is change the parameters to force you to try something else.
If people are struggling to kill NPCs they are doing something wrong :lol:

1.6 is basically 1.5 with a few small changes.
As for skill power, I wouldn't really call it a nerf, I'd call it, if you want a good skill, spec into it.
Not played the patch much so far, but the bits I have, I'm enjoying it more than 1.5. Don't have to fling 4 clips into a player to put him down anymore, no rolling around constantly and no over 1m health with a few talents

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
If people are struggling to kill NPCs they are doing something wrong :lol:

1.6 is basically 1.5 with a few small changes.
As for skill power, I wouldn't really call it a nerf, I'd call it, if you want a good skill, spec into it.
Not played the patch much so far, but the bits I have, I'm enjoying it more than 1.5. Don't have to fling 4 clips into a player to put him down anymore, no rolling around constantly and no over 1m health with a few talents
Do you play more PVP as opposed to PVE?

I feel that Massive don't fully understand what they are doing. They seem to worry most about PVP and make changes that then negatively impact all those that prefer PVE.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Do you play more PVP as opposed to PVE?

I feel that Massive don't fully understand what they are doing. They seem to worry most about PVP and make changes that then negatively impact all those that prefer PVE.
Never PvP, although what little I've played of Last Stand, I am enjoying it.
It feels really balanced to me.

1.5 PvE was so easy. You storm every room in missions etc, tanky as hell with skill heals, heals, on the move and crit save.
It's actually brought it somewhat back to having to play at least quite tactical, get in cover etc

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Never PvP, although what little I've played of Last Stand, I am enjoying it.
It feels really balanced to me.

1.5 PvE was so easy. You storm every room in missions etc, tanky as hell with skill heals, heals, on the move and crit save.
It's actually brought it somewhat back to having to play at least quite tactical, get in cover etc
Fair enough.

I liked the early part of the game as you go from level 1 to 30. New and better weapons were always around the corner, and enemies were a level or two above you so you always had to be tactical as you said.

That said, I do like feeling powerful in games - and sometimes it feels as though Massive change the game just as soon as you start feeling that!

Bojan11

Is this game still going strong?

Heard the sequel was surprisingly cancelled and the studio is doing another project.

I'm a bit late to this game but what's with the Phoenix Credits when you hit level 30? At the Special Equipment Vendor the Exotic weapons cost 195c to begin with. When id got about 200 saved up I went back and the cost had jumped to 495. Now I'm up to 400 credits and the cost is now 895??

paulscholes18

I'm a bit late to this game but what's with the Phoenix Credits when you hit level 30? At the Special Equipment Vendor the Exotic weapons cost 195c to begin with. When id got about 200 saved up I went back and the cost had jumped to 495. Now I'm up to 400 credits and the cost is now 895??
It depends on your world tier, I wouldn't spend your PC until you are in WT5, PC are they only currency you can spend to get Exotic weapons, change gun talents and get blueprints

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
So I started playing this again over the past week.

The 1.6 changes seem interesting as there is much more build diversity here. The NPCs are still fairly quick and easy to kill, so the days of bullet sponges seem to be far behind us.

I was watching this video that covers the substantial changes made to gear - Armor has been removed as a stat, so any items you had have been given new attributes.

Am going to explore the changes a bit more as it has been good fun getting back into it :)

I found this list of advice videos on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6q4fy9/coming_back_after_a_long_abscence/

Welcome back, here is everything you missed.

The BiS video is a must watch to see how we build now.

Patch 1.6

1.6 Build Guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GKkES7lw1zssRhGshP_yYTmcCF_ekuTirz-4paOkfN4/mobilebasic

Gear Sets 1.6 Part 1

Gear Sets 1.6 Part 2

BiS 1.6

Weapons 1.6

Gear Stats 1.6
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTLivI7FDB0HeHIX0GePMLJd4bD-xarH3ZpNxPCX218/pubhtml#

Patch 1.6.1

Loadouts

1.6.1 Gear Attributes Map

Hard and Soft Caps
http://thedivisionguides.com/1-6-soft-hard-caps/

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The fact that you can now save different loadouts and quickly switch between them is also really good as it encourages trying different builds, and removes the hassle of changing out gear piece by piece. The items that I had pre-1.6 are all still relevant and the loot drop rate is so much better than it used to be.

There is also a buff to the Urban MDR Assault Rifle, which makes it one of the best weapons in the game. It is one of the named weapons, so only drops from Field Proficiency caches, Challenging missions (Lex and RC) and from the weeklies, which can drop exotic caches. I have read that it can drop from a couple of Hard missions - Subway Morgue and Lincoln Tunnel.

So am actually looking to seeing if I can get one of these :)

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Reinstalled this. A couple of weeks ago to play some survival. Spent 30 minutes unable to get into a game, presumably due to lack of players. Then went out into the open world and shot a few things. Realised it just isn't fun for me and have uninstalled it again.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I did enjoy this to start with but kinda got sick with working shifts and not having people to play with. Solo is shit and randoms was also not much fun imo

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
It fell down for me when it became a chore to get any decent gear, and it took forever to kill a single enemy. Both of those have now been addressed - so it is easier to enjoy it.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It fell down for me when it became a chore to get any decent gear, and it took forever to kill a single enemy. Both of those have now been addressed - so it is easier to enjoy it.
The problem for me with this game is the exact opposite. Yes it was frustrating, but when you got that decent item, the excitement was great.
Now loot drops from every corner you can near max you character in a days work....Problem is, then what?
My opinion anyway :lol:

Shame really, I loved this game :( Spent more time on this than any other this gen so far

Anyone been playing the new 1.8? Huge update with two whole new areas and new modes. Initially i liked it as there are plenty of new things to do but its just becoming frustratingly difficult. Move 5 feet in any direction and there are continually respawning enemies bearing down on you.

Simbo

Hearing good things about its current state so re-downloaded it yesterday and put a few hours in.

No issues getting back into the swing of things and playing catch up, just ran out into the world completing missions, side quests, exploring etc. Gear score went up from 190 to 265 in around 4 hours of play, everyone else I see seems to be 270-290 so close already. Gameplay is as fun as I remember and that was just sole PvE stuff. Really immersive world and it looks even better than it used to as I can now run it on Ultra :drool:

There's not even any need to download any of the DLCs. They are sort of optional game modes, nothing strictly necessary although I'll probably get them some time soon. Also just read somewhere that future content will be free :O

Looking forward to putting some hours into this over crimbo!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Yeah the new update has really improved the overall balance of the game.
A lot of gear sets and guns are at a real level playing field right now.

The resistance mode is fun, especially if you like the zombie style horde mode.
With Destiny fecking up real bad, could fill a void for some people.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Division 2 announced. Looking forward to seeing more of this. Had a great time with the first one.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Hopefully this launches with better end game than the first game. Not gonna make the mistake of pre ordering again.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Hopefully this launches with better end game than the first game. Not gonna make the mistake of pre ordering again.
Same. Not played it in months but apparently the game is better now. Thing is, we've seen with Destiny how the original improved towards the end of the cycle with the effort the live team was putting in, but then with Destiny 2 it took a step or two back. Chances are the same will happen with The Division. Will be up to them to convince people at E3 that they've learned from their mistakes and the end game is improved.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I kinda dropped off when i reached the end game. I was also late to the party. The game must have been out for a good 9-10 months when i bought it.

I had a great time with the game though. The setting was incredible and a big reason why i like it so much. Didn't really get into the Dark Zone though. Never really grabbed me.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Had loads of hours into this. Update 1.3 really fudged my experience, and I never returned. Feckin loved this game too. Division 2 is intriguing, but I doubt I'll have the time to put into it when it eventually lands. Any game that requires a grind wont work out well for me.

paulscholes18

Hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes as Destiny. Hopefully it launches with Resistance, incursions, legendary missions, gear sets and Global Events, and keeps random talents on weapons and gear