Tom Cleverley | 2010/11 Performances (on loan at Wigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick1991

I like Cleverly, I think we should keep him and give him a chance to breakthrough, if he fails we can send him on loan in January.

He gives us something different that I don't think we have had since Ronnie left, in the sense that if he starts on the wing he is a pesky little fecker to mark because he drifts all across the frontline and his link up play is very clean and effective. He also knows how to find the net. He would give us an extra option, he has that spark doesn't he? When he gets the ball you feel he can make something happen.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
This is like talking to a five year old. No that's an insult. A villiage idiot.

You think Pogba (and you praised yourself for restraining from mentioning Tunnicliffe) should be picked ahead of Carrick.

It was an example of the talent within the club. I could have mentioned anyone. It wasn't to 'replace directly' because we don't tend to do that. We just evolve. We didn't replace Keane. We just 'evolved'. As I said I'd sell Carrick, it's kinda by default Carrick wouldn't be an option. Your the kinda person to try it on by being smart but you have to get smart before you try it on....feckwit.

To my mind you should be banned because not only are you a cnut, you've clearly got an agenda and that's not actually to talk about your club. It's easy to insult online.....too easy for some. Grow up.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

You think Pogba (and you praised yourself for restraining from mentioning Tunnicliffe) should be picked ahead of Carrick.

It was an example of the talent within the club. I could have mentioned anyone. It wasn't to 'replace directly' because we don't tend to do that. We just evolve. We didn't replace Keane. We just 'evolved'. As I said I'd sell Carrick, it's kinda by default Carrick wouldn't be an option. Your the kinda person to try it on by being smart but you have to get smart before you try it on....feckwit.
It's an example of what you would like us to do. You want us to sell a highly experienced and talented CM, when our team is already arguably short of options and quality in that area, and throw youngsters in. A 17 year old and a young wide player being your two favourite candidates.

Hence why I will take your opinions on a.) Cleverly, and b.) everything else, with a gigantic pinch of salt. And I advise everyone to do the same.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

To my mind you should be banned because not only are you a cnut, you've clearly got an agenda and that's not actually to talk about your club. It's easy to insult online.....too easy for some. Grow up.
:lol: this is fecking classic.

Striker10

It's an example of what you would like us to do. You want us to sell a highly experienced and talented CM, when our team is already arguably short of options and quality in that area, and throw youngsters in. A 17 year old and a young wide player being your two favourite candidates.

Hence why I will take your opinions on a.) Cleverly, and b.) everything else, with a gigantic pinch of salt. And I advise everyone to do the same.
let me ask you something - when i said sell carrick was that before we bought hernandez? :) The reason is, it would HLELP Carrick - as berbatov effects him because of how he plays at United. But I said it before we signed Hernandez. Also please...he's not that talented. Kids would not make the mistake he made against munich for their winning goal. I'm sorry, your such a fecking idiot.

The cups the carling cup you fecking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. How can you be so dumb? The carling cup. Get it right. I would advice anyone to laugh. The fact that you think i'm the dumb one speaks volumes for your level of dumbness and as for the other guy ...talk about seeking attention.

Striker10

congratulations Striker, Pogue, cw et al, this thread has become a fecking pointless waste of bandwidth over the last couple of pages or so...
hey! i stayed on topic :lol:...it's these cnuts that have contributed very little to the thread, in my defence. Incidently i'd also point out, unless it's a thread on tits and ass, very few threads ACTUALLY stick to the topic and I know that as i've modded and read plenty of forums.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
let me ask you something - when i said sell carrick was that before we bought hernandez? :) The reason is, it would HLELP Carrick - as berbatov effects him because of how he plays at United. But I said it before we signed Hernandez. Also please...he's not that talented. Kids would not make the mistake he made against munich for their winning goal. I'm sorry, your such a fecking idiot.

The cups the carling cup you fecking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. How can you be so dumb? The carling cup. Get it right. I would advice anyone to laugh. The fact that you think i'm the dumb one speaks volumes for your level of dumbness and as for the other guy ...talk about seeking attention.
The very definition of irony, right there.

Striker10

The very definition of irony, right there.
again, insult and you've contributed nothing pogue. You've a clear agenda and to be honest? I think you're a shite poster. Lets get back to topic.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
:lol:

You've said in this thread that you would sell Carrick, as well as previously. I dare not ask where you are leading with the Hernandez question, so please don't explain. Let's just leave it here and go our separate ways you raving lunatic.

Striker10

:lol:

You've said in this thread that you would sell Carrick, as well as previously. I dare not ask where you are leading with the Hernandez question, so please don't explain. Let's just leave it here and go our separate ways you raving lunatic.
yes i did but unlike you i'm able to sit and think. I acknowledge pace in behind is something that would help him as he could play one over the top - something we've missed since saha was sold. I'm sorry i don't update my thoughts everyday like you :)

LADS....let's just wait and see and if i'/m wrong hit me and if i'm right i'll fecking gloat....let's just call truce and wait for now........

---------------------------------------------------------cease fire----------------

Carl

congratulations Striker, Pogue, cw et al, this thread has become a fecking pointless waste of bandwidth over the last couple of pages or so...
Oh noes!

Get over yourself. I've done nothing other than laugh at Striker for being, well, a bit mental. If you don't want to see a thread full of green laughing faces then blame striker for being so darned hilarious.

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
Swiftly bringing this back on topic.

Cleverly should stay at united simply because he, like gibson, is a goal scoring midfielder, and unlike gibson, he can play accross the midfield which is a very good attribute to have in the modern game, it keeps defenders guessing where you'll pop up next.

He also has the quality to keep the ball and make shit happen, hes confidence is high, and i reckon hes able to push for a place in the team, like gibbo last year, and evans the year before, both have been successes.
Gibson can a

Striker10

Oh noes!

Get over yourself. I've done nothing other than laugh at Striker for being, well, a bit mental. If you don't want to see a thread full of green laughing faces then blame striker for being so darned hilarious.
I think get over yourself is quite apt....I called cease fire. It's over for now.

Striker10

Swiftly bringing this back on topic.

Cleverly should stay at united simply because he, like gibson, is a goal scoring midfielder, and unlike gibson, he can play accross the midfield which is a very good attribute to have in the modern game, it keeps defenders guessing where you'll pop up next.

He also has the quality to keep the ball and make shit happen, hes confidence is high, and i reckon hes able to push for a place in the team, like gibbo last year, and evans the year before, both have been successes.
Gibson can a
I agree.

dev1l

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299452/Newcastle-United-2-PSV-2-Hughton-set-clinch-loan-deal-Manchester-United-youngster-Tom-Cleverley.html

datura

Theres nothing about cleverly in that article...
Nope, nothing apart from this:

'Hughton is also looking for at least two more additions to his Championship-winning squad, only two weeks before Newcastle open their Barclays Premier League campaign at Old Trafford.

The Newcastle chief, who has so far signed Sol Campbell, Dan Gosling and James Perch,is hoping to clinch a season-long deal for Cleverley, who spent last season on loan at Watford. He is also still pursuing Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa.

But the Newcastle boss was cautious about his chances of adding to his squad before the season kicks off. 'It would be nice to get more players in over the next couple of weeks,' he said. 'Can I guarantee anything? Of course I can't, but we're working very hard on it.'

Mickey

Nope, nothing apart from this:

'Hughton is also looking for at least two more additions to his Championship-winning squad, only two weeks before Newcastle open their Barclays Premier League campaign at Old Trafford.

The Newcastle chief, who has so far signed Sol Campbell, Dan Gosling and James Perch,is hoping to clinch a season-long deal for Cleverley, who spent last season on loan at Watford. He is also still pursuing Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa.

But the Newcastle boss was cautious about his chances of adding to his squad before the season kicks off. 'It would be nice to get more players in over the next couple of weeks,' he said. 'Can I guarantee anything? Of course I can't, but we're working very hard on it.'
Let me rephrase.

There are no quotes to suggest cleverly is anywhere near "clinching" a loan deal :rolleyes:

The Newcastle chief, who has so far signed Sol Campbell, Dan Gosling and James Perch,is hoping to clinch a five year deal for karim Benzema, who spent last season on the fringes of Real Madrid. He is also still pursuing Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa.
Means shit all without quotes.

datura

Let me rephrase.

There are no quotes to suggest cleverly is anywhere near "clinching" a loan deal :rolleyes:
Don't be a prick, maybe if you'd actually managed to express yourself properly originally then there wouldn't have been an issue.

It's been well known that Newcastle have been chasing him on loan for a while and if he's going to go on loan it would make sense to happen in the next few days to get some preseason with his new team.

TheMancRedDevil

The thing with this loan deal is that it was spoken about weeks and weeks ago.

I think Fergie took him on the USA Tour to give Tom a chance and help him to make up his mind one way or the other. It's now down to whether Fergie thinks he's ready to make a difference here this season or not.

I'm tempted to go with the side that says he is at this stage.

Mickey

Don't be a prick, maybe if you'd actually managed to express yourself properly originally then there wouldn't have been an issue.

It's been well known that Newcastle have been chasing him on loan for a while and if he's going to go on loan it would make sense to happen in the next few days to get some preseason with his new team.
Dont be a sarcastic twat then maybe?

It doesnt matter if theyve been after him for a while, football plans change everyday and the dailyfail is making assumptions, based on one quote, that has no mention of cleverly what so ever.

You tell me how that quote suggest a loan deal is closed to being clinched with cleverly? Its an assumption, not fact.

datura

Dont be a sarcastic twat then maybe?

It doesnt matter if theyve been after him for a while, football plans change everyday and the dailyfail is making assumptions, based on one quote, that has no mention of cleverly what so ever.

You tell me how that quote suggest a loan deal is closed to being clinched with cleverly? Its an assumption, not fact.
It just annoys me when people have an inability to read.

That's you assuming that they are basing it on Hughton's quote. We'll find out probably by the middle of the week if and where Welbeck and Cleverley (why do people miss out the last 'e'?) are due to go/stay.

Mickey

It just annoys me when people have an inability to read.

That's you assuming that they are basing it on Hughton's quote. We'll find out probably by the middle of the week if and where Welbeck and Cleverley (why do people miss out the last 'e'?) are due to go/stay.

Well considering its the only quote they have and it comes immedietly after they make their claim, what else would they be basing their claim on?
If there was something else, they'd report it. Theyre simply making assumptions right now based on nothing.

Are you one of those people who believes everything they read in the papers?

datura

Well considering its the only quote they have and it comes immedietly after they make their claim, what else would they be basing their claim on?
If there was something else, they'd report it. Theyre simply making assumptions right now based on nothing.

Are you one of those people who believes everything they read in the papers?
Journalists do have other sources, amazingly enough. Just wait and see, I don't really see why you are making such a fuss.

Carl

Calm down you 2. Don't make me call the forum police.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
For someone who repeatedly points out certain posters who get in petty fights you get in a lot yourself datura!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah, petty fights really bring up the quality of the football forums...

The summers always bring out the worst in posters, just how it is. Shit like this doesn't help! I know the feeling though, makes me want to take a break from the place until transfer season's over at least.

dev1l

my impression is that both welbeck and diouf will go on loan. At least that's how i interpreted fergie when he said that macheda and chicarito will stay for sure. I cant see us having 7 strikers in the squad when in some we only use 1.

As for cleverley , there were quite a few reports in the media suggesting he ll go on loan. I think a lot depends on whether a new midfielder arrives or not

datura

my impression is that both welbeck and diouf will go on loan. At least that's how i interpreted fergie when he said that macheda and chicarito will stay for sure. I cant see us having 7 strikers in the squad when in some we only use 1.

As for cleverley , there were quite a few reports in the media suggesting he ll go on loan. I think a lot depends on whether a new midfielder arrives or not
I'd personally prefer to see Cleverley stay, and then assess it in January if he is not getting enough minutes.

Diouf needs the loan as he's too good for the reserves, and Welbeck to continue his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.