Tom Cleverley | 2014/15 Performances (on loan at Aston Villa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Can't believe he's still here, please sell him. If he is still here with the likes of Kagawa and Hernandez gone....

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's going to hang around for a year isn't he?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Stick him on the bench for the reserves every game.

Bojan11

If he does refuse to leave and costs the club £8m. We should just let him rot in the reserves.

ThanksBoss26

He's going to hang around for a year isn't he?
I'd much rather him go permanently but at the very least I think he'll head out on loan. We'll get a loan fee and then he'll be a free agent at the end of his contract.

Financially, it's obviously much better that he goes now for us.

Hed Zitin

If he does refuse to leave and costs the club £8m. We should just let him rot in the reserves.
I'd tell him not to bother coming in at all and rot at home. Losing 8m after all the chances he's been given and investing in his football education isn't on.

I'll have my ears open for his name tomorrow.

Gopher Brown

It's not his fault he's not good enough. The vitriol is more directed at the management when he plays, but it manifests as anger towards him. If Van a Gaal offered me a start in midfield I'd take it. You'd all hate me, but that's your problem.

Kakeru

This. If he's foolish enough to destroy his own career, so be it. Manchester United owes him feck all until further notice.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The chances of him leaving are decreasing with every passing minute, sadly. When Sky reported that an offer from Villa has been accepted and that there was also interest from Hull and Valencia, I actually thought that we've finally got rid of him. Now I'm not so sure anymore.

There were rumours about Arsenal and Everton wanting him as well, but waiting to offer him terms next summer when he'll be a free agent. Maybe that's why he's ''staying''.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Completely agree. If he's daft enough to put a larger signing on fee ahead of his career then it's exactly what he deserves. He'll be saying goodbye to any chance of an England career as well, at least in the medium term.

No chance of the likes of Valencia being interested if he pisses away this season in the reserves either.

MDFC Manager

If he does hang around, it would only solidify my opinion of him as unambitious and gormless.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I thought he was joining Villa?
Villa had an offer accepted for him but nothing has been heard since then regarding his transfer there. Lambert said after Villa's game today that no progress has been made. Apparently Hull City and Valencia have also made bids for him (Times said couple of days ago that Hull's bid matched Villa's so I guess their bid has been accepted as well).

No other explanation than Cleverley refusing to leave really (if he doesn't do it tomorrow, of course). One thing is for sure though - the chances of him leaving are looking slim compared to two days ago.

MDFC Manager

Well it's wither lack of ambition, or preposterous over-ambition... he may be convinced that he can force his way into the first team and become a United legend yet.

Either way we can agree on gormless.
It's quite an incredible situation. Last night, LvG preferred to not even have him in the squad. Anderson was chosen ahead of him! With Herrera and Carrick to come back from injuries and with the addition of Blind and possibly another CM by January, does he really want to stick around at United?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'll be surprised if reports are true that Roy Keane is trying to persuade Cleverley. I'm sure he and Richardson were the types that Keane lambasted and now (allegedly) he's recruiting them.
Well, he's not managing United, izzie?

He'd have to kick his entire team out if he held them to that standard.

badkins

This is what happens when you give a medicore player lucrative contract - it's hard to offload them later.
Same story with Young, Valencia, Anderson or Fellaini - no one even wants them, one and only rumour about Fellaini being linked with Napoli on loan stated they would only be able to pay half of his wages. We're even paying Nani's wages during his loan, otherwise he'd still be here - depressing stuff really.

Santos J

He's on 30 grand a week now he's hardly on a lucrative contract, it's pretty low compared to what some of the shite in our squad is getting. The problem is he's apparently asking for double that which surely no club could be stupid enough to give him.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He's on 30 grand a week now he's hardly on a lucrative contract, it's pretty low compared to what some of the shite in our squad is getting. The problem is he's apparently asking for double that which surely no club could be stupid enough to give him.
The arrogance is outstanding.

Not you, but Tom Cleverley

gasmanc

Banned
Can't we just all chip in ?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
So let me get this straight, he's waiting for his contract to run down, so he gets a signing on fee while we miss out on a transfer fee? Ronaldo gave us 4 years of unparalleled great performances, wanted to go to Madrid but signed a contract with us regardless because it meant getting the club a large transfer fee.

I am feeling all kinds of shitty about the club at the moment, thanks to this and the Kagawa transfer.

Empire

God forbid he plays for us again, imagine all the boos from our own fans. And then he'll probably cry.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I thought it would be more like £50k. If he is asking for double then he must think again on whether he deserves that.

Deleted member 78215

If Cleverley refuses to leave, animosity levels will reach new highs on this forum!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
LVG has said he doesn't force players to leave and will simply tell them how much football they are likely to get - the player can then decide whether they are happy with that.

Frankly if Cleverley wants to stay I imagine it will be with the knowledge that he is not at the top of the pecking order, and I don't see a problem with that.

I would like to see him go on loan and try to reignite his career. Playing in a different team under a different manager may spark an improvement in him and to get some of his old form back, in shchi case an extension could be on the cards.
If he fails to perform then he is released next year anyway.

Loublaze

ATLien
I'll be surprised if reports are true that Roy Keane is trying to persuade Cleverley. I'm sure he and Richardson were the types that Keane lambasted and now (allegedly) he's recruiting them.
What does Keane even know about coaching/managing? His managerial career started well but now its actually worse than Cleverley's career as a player! Looks like the waster is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.