Tom Cleverley | 2014/15 Performances (on loan at Aston Villa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I like how we all would do anything to sit on the United wage bill and not do anything but when we hear about the possibility of someone else doing it, shit hits the fan.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I like how we all would do anything to sit on the United wage bill and not do anything but when we hear about the possibility of someone else doing it, shit hits the fan.
Come on, that would be an appalling attitude to have. Not only does it grossly disregard playing football in preference of money, but it absolutely shafts United who have been good to him and invested a lot of effort into his development.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I have no problems with a player doing what's best for him. Clubs do what's best for them when it suits them. As does everyone in football. You look out for yourself at the end of the day.
Not his fault we get ourselves into bad situations with players who aren't good enough. A year from now he'll surely have better/more offers. It makes sense for him.

Just because he's not good enough (which probably still wont stop him getting games this season) and the fans don't really like him doesn't mean he should just hurry off somewhere he doesn't want to go to.

Deleted member 78215

I have no problems with a player doing what's best for him. Clubs do what's best for them when it suits them. As does everyone in football. You look out for yourself at the end of the day.
Not his fault we get ourselves into bad situations with players who aren't good enough. A year from now he'll surely have better/more offers. It makes sense for him.
You think a PL club will come in for a 26 year old who hasn't played football for a year? This is as good as it gets for Cleverley. He should leave now and show some semblance of ambition.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's basically becoming the worst possible person for us to have in the team.

Shite, thinks he isn't and is solely thinking about money right now.

Eric'sCollar

Come on, that would be an appalling attitude to have. Not only does it grossly disregard playing football in preference of money, but it absolutely shafts United who have been good to him and invested a lot of effort into his development.
Kind of missing the point.

NK86

It would, indeed. Hope he'll enjoy sitting on the reserve bench.
I honestly hope we let him rot in the reserves if he is not ready to move so as to get a sign on fees next season. Would be a huge disappointment aftet all the talks he gave of wanting to prove himself. Now is the time Tom.

Speak

You think a PL club will come in for a 26 year old who hasn't played football for a year? This is as good as it gets for Cleverley. He should leave now and show some semblance of ambition.
Yeah, definitely.

hobbers

I wouldn't be angry with him for taking the club's money as such. I mean we did offer the contract it's his right to see it fulfilled.

But turning down regular football for a *bit* more money is not going to earn him any favours with any football fans, be they United fans or his future club's.

It's not even turning down regular football, it's basically accepting a year out of top level football. He's not going to get any games at all for us this season unless there's some kind of horrendous injury crisis where Carrick, Fletcher, Di Maria, Rooney, Herrera, Blind, Fellaini are all injured at the same time.

One thing is certain - if he takes this year out he's not going to get anything like as good offers next summer. Financially or football-wise.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

Just because he's not good enough (which probably still wont stop him getting games this season) and the fans don't really like him doesn't mean he should just hurry off somewhere he doesn't want to go to.
I'd agree with this except I have no sympathy for someone who doesn't want to prove himself and is solely thinking about the paycheck at the end of the day.

He's shite because of a lack of ambition in absolutely everything he does and this just reinforces that notion.

MDFC Manager

I'd agree with this except I have no sympathy for someone who doesn't want to prove himself and is solely thinking about the paycheck at the end of the day.

He's shite because of a lack of ambition in absolutely everything he does and this just reinforces that notion.
Bingo. If anything, he should be pro actively looking for a transfer/loan out, like Hernandez and Kagawa presumably did.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to sling his hook, a wasted season here of not playing is going to reduce his choice of clubs, not increase them.

Eric'sCollar

What's your point then?

Enlighten us.
I'm saying we would all die to be a part of the Man Utd squad and play a handful of games off the bench and collect our money at the end of the week. Seeing someone who is public enemy number one at the moment rumoured to be content with the same thing is seen as one of the greatest sins ever witnessed.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
he doesnt want to fight for his place, he just wants money.
Absolute balls. Just a few days ago he talked about this being his dream club so the suggestion he's going to stay just for the money is ridiculous. It's amazing how easy you people find it to attack a player who has done everything he could to make it here.

Local lad worked his way through the youth teams, went on three loans, bided his time patiently, ultimately got his chance and contributed to us playing our best football in the last five years. Unfortunately he was never able to make the step up but he made a contribution and gave his all to do just that. How some of you have turned him into a villain I'll never know.

MDFC Manager

Absolute balls. Just a few days ago he talked about this being his dream club so the suggestion he's going to stay just for the money is ridiculous. It's amazing how easy you people find it to attack a player who has done everything he could to make it here.

Local lad worked his way through the youth teams, went on three loans, bided his time patiently, ultimately got his chance and contributed to us playing our best football in the last five years. Unfortunately he was never able to make the step up but he made a contribution and gave his all to do just that. How some of you have turned him into a villain I'll never know.
You're opinion held more water before the weekend game. Cause now it appears that he's been told there is no place for him and can leave. If he still wants to hang around, the logical conclusion is the one that guy made.

Eric'sCollar

Agreed.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted

Born in Basingstoke, lived in Bradford. Welbeck is the local one.

Eric'sCollar

Born in Basingstoke, lived in Bradford. Welbeck is the local one.
I think he means more growing up in Manchester with the youth teams. Joined United at a young age. We class Giggs as a local kid because he grew up in Manchester.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You're opinion held more water before the weekend game. Cause now it appears that he's been told there is no place for him and can leave. If he still wants to hang around, the logical conclusion is the one that guy made.
I'm pretty sure Fletcher turned down a move to Everton at a similar age and I don't think it had anything to do with money.

Born in Basingstoke, lived in Bradford. Welbeck is the local one
Ah, he was born down south? feck'em then, he deserves all the abuse he can get.

Deleted member 78215

Every player has worked hard to get where they are, doesn't mean they can't act like dicks.

Eric'sCollar

How dare a player be rumoured to be content with being a squad player at Manchester United.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I'm saying we would all die to be a part of the Man Utd squad and play a handful of games off the bench and collect our money at the end of the week. Seeing someone who is public enemy number one at the moment rumoured to be content with the same thing is seen as one of the greatest sins ever witnessed.
Well that's what I thought you said and so my response is the same. With the signings of Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, the imminent return of Carrick and Fletchers appointment as vice captain then Cleverley will not be playing for us. United have made that clear by accepting bids for him and letting him leave the club.

If he is refusing to leave then it isn't because he thinks he will be playing, let's be real. He isn't good enough to play here and we now have numerous better players in his position. By not leaving he's shafting the club though as he'll leave on a free next season, though no doubt he'll expect to pick up a higher signing on fee himself.

Speak

Well that's what I thought you said and so my response is the same. With the signings of Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, the imminent return of Carrick and Fletchers appointment as vice captain then Cleverley will not be playing for us. United have made that clear by accepting bids for him and letting him leave the club.

If he is refusing to leave then it isn't because he thinks he will be playing, let's be real. He isn't good enough to play here and we now have numerous better players in his position. By not leaving he's shafting the club though as he'll leave on a free next season, though no doubt he'll expect to pick up a higher signing on fee himself.
So if he hasn't received the offer he wants (which he may get as a free transfer in a years time) he should just take it anyway, just to possibly play, even if it's for a team he doesn't really want to play for?
Just so that he doesn't deprive United of a fee, even though they agreed a contract with him?

Eric'sCollar

You have prrof the club has accepted a bid or just the reports in the media? Honest question, I have not seen any confirmation from the club saying they have accepted an offer.

He also has a life and future he needs to consider. It's very easy for us to sling shit at players who choose the money but we are not in that position. If we go are in a job that pays us more money than another one, we would probably stay too.

Roboc7

He is stupid if he doesn't leave, the manager doesn't rate him, he will spend the season sitting in the stands and will need a lot of players to be injured just to get on the bench. In a years time he might get a better contract but it will be the same teams interested in him at best, if he wants to make it as a premier league player he needs to start playing regularly.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
How dare a player be rumoured to be content with being a squad player at Manchester United.
Absolutely. Yep anybody who wishes to remain in our squad and on our payroll despite being told that they are surplus to requirements and that bids have been accepted should be welcomed. Fantastic.

Eric'sCollar

Absolutely. Yep anybody who wishes to remain in our squad and on our payroll despite being told that they are surplus to requirements and that bids have been accepted should be welcomed. Fantastic.
Again, if you can provide proof that the club accepted any bids, I would appreciate it because at the moment, I have only read papers saying it, nothing from the club.

Empire

If we sold him we could get around £8m + £1.5m in wages.

That's an extra £9.5m towards Strootman or somebody. But if he goes on a free at the end of his contract he might get a £5m signing on fee or something.

TC23 is bigger than the club.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Again, if you can provide proof that the club accepted any bids, I would appreciate it because at the moment, I have only read papers saying it, nothing from the club.
It's been reported everywhere by reliable journos. The world and his dog know that Hull and Villa have bid.

Remarkable wriggling going on in here by the Cleverley apologetics - even stretching it as far as saying he's a local lad now. Leave the poor local lad alone folks it's not fair :lol:

Truth is TC23 has used up most of the goodwill and patience amongst a lot of us. There's nowt nasty about it - we just want him gone and off the books as part of us moving forward and sorting this fecking mess out. He has no future here and he is continuing to do himself no favours by appearing to want to hang around.

Eric'sCollar

It's been reported everywhere by reliable journos. The world and his dog know that Hull and Villa have bid.

Remarkable wriggling going on in here by the Cleverley apologetics - even stretching it as far as saying he's a local lad now. Leave the poor local lad alone folks it's not fair :lol:

Truth is TC23 has used up most of the goodwill and patience amongst a lot of us. There's nowt nasty about it - we just want him gone and off the books as part of us moving forward and sorting this fecking mess out. He has no future here and he is continuing to do himself no favours by appearing to want to hang around.
I hope he is moved on also but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to look for the best possible deal for him. If we were in the same position, we would consider the same thing.

Empire

TC23 will cost us £8m if he stays for another year as far as transfer fees are concerned, he will cost us the same as Falcao...

Empire

I hope he is moved on also but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to look for the best possible deal for him. If we were in the same position, we would consider the same thing.
But then he shouldn't say he loves the football club, he should say he loves himself. So much for wanting to be a United legend.

Speak

But then he shouldn't say he loves the football club, he should say he loves himself. So much for wanting to be a United legend.
You can love more than one thing, and love things in different amounts. As much as he loves United, I'm sure he probably loves his family/himself a bit more.

Empire

You can love more than one thing, and love things in different amounts. As much as he loves United, I'm sure he probably loves his family/himself a bit more.
Several million more, he loves money more than he does playing football.

Status
Not open for further replies.