Tom Cleverley | 2014/15 Performances (on loan at Aston Villa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He certainly doesn't deserve to go on a free transfer. Some club are getting a good PL player for nowt.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
he has found his form again, its great to see.

It will not happen, but I wouldnt mind if LVG offered him a new contract

pseudo_canadian

Wonder if LVG will give him a look in the preseason this summer since he's recouped some of his form.

Not expecting it to happen, but it would be good to see if he was given another chance.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm so delighted he's a part of the pathetic Aston Villa squad this year, such a cnut not agreeing to be sold at the summer forcing the club, which made him everything he is and more, lose money for him.
There aren't many players I genuinely hate and hope they're career will be fecked, Cleverley is definitely one of them. I hope he'll remain club less for the rest of his career
this is my favourite post in this thread

Bojan11

Wonder if LVG will give him a look in the preseason this summer since he's recouped some of his form.

Not expecting it to happen, but it would be good to see if he was given another chance.
His contract is up in the summer.

Do not want him back here. Hides when the going gets tough and we don't need more players like that in our team.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Its funny, if Cleverley was playing as he is currently and didnt have prior experience at United, people would be linking him to a move to us and Liverpool.
Yeah people often will jump on a players bandwagon after a handful of really good games and lets face it that is what we are talking about here a handful of games where Cleverly has done well lately. Before that his performances did not do much to make anyone notice.

R'hllor

My word people here cant stick to their prev statements at all...they change tune week in week out...Its like Soccer Saturday panel.

Fully Fledged

Good luck to him hope he settles at Villa. He seems a good fit at the moment. Hope his career gets back on track always good to see one of the Academy lads coming good even if it is at a slightly lower level.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope he doesn't come back, I couldn't care less about getting some money in Cleverley's case. We have wasted so many millions in the past on some players so why now cry not getting a few millions for an academy lad out of all ppl?
If he comes back he will get abuse from the same ppl who abused him before and somehow made him responsible for our 7-years-non-existent-midfield. For his own good I hope he stays at Villa for now or goes to another club as if he continues to be the player some United fans still know he is, there will be other clubs interested in him, too.
I hope he has a great career and gets a huge signing on fee and mega wages.

I am sad it didn't work out for him here, but I am proud that he is our academy product and wish him all the best.

izec

If he would come back, he would be the same after the first few shite performances. He just isnt good enough for us to play most games.

ThanksBoss26

Thought it was nailed on he'd go to Everton this summer but he seems to be enjoying it under Sherwood. Might end up staying at Villa.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Thought it was nailed on he'd go to Everton this summer but he seems to be enjoying it under Sherwood. Might end up staying at Villa.
He'll be daft to sign for Villa on the basis of signing for Sherwood. I doubt he'll last past Christmas.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He'll be daft to sign for Villa on the basis of signing for Sherwood. I doubt he'll last past Christmas.
In his short time as manager, he has looked very good IMO

Not sure why people think he isn't cut out

Don't think he has ever even signed a player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Based on what?
In his short time as manager, he has looked very good IMO

Not sure why people think he isn't cut out

Don't think he has ever even signed a player.
Based on it being an unforgiving job. They won't invest in the squad once more and it's already a tough job as it is. I don't think he's good enough to keep this purple patch going on very little fundamental it's him the owners will scapegoat.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Based on it being an unforgiving job. They won't invest in the squad once more and it's already a tough job as it is. I don't think he's good enough to keep this purple patch going on very little fundamental it's him the owners will scapegoat.
Will make a prediction now

Villa will be comfortably mid table next season

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He has done well playing further forward, in a similar role to what Herrera does for us. Glad he has done well at Villa but we have better options and shouldn't be considering recalling him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I think there's a lot more to come from you and I believe you've got what it takes.

littlepeasoup

Yes I know, I meant before his loan.
Ah right, my bad! I know what you mean though, would have thought if he'd had a few years on his contract we'd be able to get a decent fee from an Everton or Spurs.

Was poor this evening, but he has been one of Villa's better players recently (although that doesn't say a whole lot).

hbgreg

It's okay everyone, you don't need to pretend to have always rated him (or something along those lines) anymore.

MoneyMay

It's good that he's found his level, but he really needs to stop doing that thing where he asks for the ball as though he's going to make something happen. A lot of the time, he has space ahead of him but he refuses to move forward. Weird...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's good that he's found his level, but he really needs to stop doing that thing where he asks for the ball as though he's going to make something happen. A lot of the time, he has space ahead of him but he refuses to move forward. Weird...
Delph and Grealish were guilty of that too. A really bizarre performance from Villa today.

Devil may care

I guess he must not have signed the contract and Sherwood stuck to his word and didn't play him in the Cup final, tough one for TC23.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We won't get *anything* for him. His contract is up.
The club will save 60k a week.

He looked a player for about 6 games when he first broke into United's first team. Never recovered his form since being injured in the Bolton game by Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.