Tomasz Kuszczak could quit Manchester United

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's been second/third choice pretty much his entire career. He spent four years at Hertha Berlin without making a single league appearance for the club, he only became first choice for West Brom in the middle of his second season there and moved to United after that season. He's been in professional football for a decade and has only played one season as a first choice. Surely he didn't mind that much being second choice here, it's after he's become third and then fourth choice when he became unhappy.

cj_sparky

Both scared the crap out of me when they played. They always looked nervous to me, which made me feel awkward and nervous. God knows what effect they had on the defenders in front of them.

I'm much more happier with De Gea and Lindegaard. Both seem alot more confident than Kuszczak & Foster in their own ability and seem to grasp the pressure of being at United. I know De Gea has had some howlers, but in recent weeks he has saved us more than once.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I feel Kuszczak was a bigger personality that Ben Foster, he was very more confident in the times he played but Blackburn last season was horrible.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I was more confident in Foster as he didn't have as many clear cut weaknesses as Kuszczak. However his mental disintegration after he was given a run of games was quite astonishing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's been second/third choice pretty much his entire career. He spent four years at Hertha Berlin without making a single league appearance for the club, he only became first choice for West Brom in the middle of his second season there and moved to United after that season. He's been in professional football for a decade and has only played one season as a first choice. Surely he didn't mind that much being second choice here, it's after he's become third and then fourth choice when he became unhappy.
its a shame though. He could have become no 1 choice at a decent EPL side.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Made some stunning saves for West Brom, would have done a decent job for a team like Tottenham in my opinion only if had and took his chances but he didnt have much of them as Sarni said.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Made some stunning saves for West Brom, would have done a decent job for a team like Tottenham in my opinion only if had and took his chances but he didnt have much of them as Sarni said.
He'd be a flop for a side like Tottenham, or any other top half team. At the bottom you tend to notice those brilliant saves and neglect slight errors because you always put them down to the amount of work goalkeeper has to do anyway. At the top you're supposed to save pretty much everything that is savable. Stunning saves don't matter as much, consistency does.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Another interview:

Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak doesn't rule out permanent switch to Watford after his loan ends

“Right place at the right moment” is how Tomasz Kuszczak described his loan move to Watford and the Manchester United goalkeeper has not ruled out the switch becoming permanent at the end of the season.

Since leaving Hertha Berlin as a 22-year-old, Kuszczak has been playing in the Premier League, Champions League and for his national team Poland.

He only played 35 times during his three years at West Bromwich Albion but it was enough to persuade Sir Alex Ferguson to sign the goalkeeper.

Kuszczak has been limited to 48 outings at Old Trafford as he was understudy to Edwin Van der Sar but he was still viewed as second choice, making ten appearances last season and was on the bench for most of the campaign including the Champions League final.

However, the signing of David de Gea and the increased use of Anders Lindegaard has resulted in Kuszczak becoming surplus to requirements at Old Trafford and Sir Alex confirmed that he expects the 6ft 3ins ‘keeper to leave when his contract expires in the summer.

When asked if he was open to a move to a club like Watford on a permanent basis, despite plying his trade at the highest level for most of his career, Kuszczak replied: “Of course, I never close doors.”

“I am open minded,” he continued. “I want something new; I want to see how the football is in the Championship, get some games under my belt and just open options for myself.

“First of all, it is about enjoying my football. I enjoy being on the pitch, being under pressure and I didn’t have that.

“I am at the best age for a goalkeeper and I hope this loan is going to help me move forward, play games and put my career on the right path.”

It is an important couple of months for Kuszczak as not only does his contract with Man United expire in the summer, but he is desperate to play for Poland in the European Championships on home soil.

But Kuszczak stressed on more than one occasion that he has missed football in general and is desperate to get back playing competitively again.

He said: “It is very important to me because during your football career, you have times when you have to prove yourself – whether it is in the Premier League or the Championship, the Champions League or the Carling Cup.

“You have to be on the top of your game. Everyone makes mistakes but it must be limited and every game is important, that is why I am excited about coming here and playing first team football and see what happens after this period.”

Kuszczak was enjoying his football at Manchester United last season as he was involved with the squad on a regular basis, even if he only made ten appearances during the 2010/11 campaign. This season, he has been restricted to reserve matches.

He said: “It is difficult but I have been training really hard even though I was really disappointed.

“Last season I was involved in the first team all season long, played some games and was on the bench for the Champions League final. It was great to win the Premier League and it was a great season.

“But after that it stopped, and I have been out of the first team and it was tough for me not to be involved. But I moved forward and kept training hard because I knew I would have the chance to go somewhere and play football.

“I am still young, have a lot of experience; training with great players, winning trophies and played under different pressure.

“I had the chance to come here and I took it straight away because there is still two months of football, 14 games, and it is important for me to play again before the season finishes.

“At the beginning of next season, I will either go somewhere or stay here but it is definitely a time when I want to start to play and enjoy my football because I miss that.”

Kuszczak has a girlfriend and daughter who will remain in Macclesfield during his loan spell at Watford and he hopes to find an apartment close to the club’s training ground as “I don't like hotels”.

The current hour-and-40-minutes commute is not an issue for the goalkeeper though and he does not think his lack of football this season will be too much of an issue either as he is happy with his conditioning.

Kuszczak said: “The game is a question of having the right concentration and I am not saying that players who haven’t played in a while will be in their best form straight away but some players are injured for a year and come back, play a few games and are in the right form.

“I feel good, I feel confident and I feel prepared. Maybe it sounds stupid but I feel I am in the right place at the right moment.

“Let’s see how I look in the next couple of games but I am excited and I hope everything is going to move in the right direction.”
Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak doesn't rule out permanent switch to Watford after his loan ends (From Watford Observer)

Baxter

Reading on Twitter he has made a cock up to let Southampton score.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Southampton 2-0 up now. (Not much of a) description of goals conceded:

Goal - Richard Lambert - Watford 0 - 1 Southamp'n A goal is scored by Richard Lambert from inside the area low into the middle of the goal. Watford 0-1 Southampton.

Goal - Richard Lambert - Watford 0 - 2 Southamp'n Richard Lambert finds the back of the net with a goal from just outside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Watford 0-2 Southampton.

BBC Sport - Watford v Southampton

Amir

From Watford website, the first goal:

Lambert heading home after #watfordfc keeper Kuszczak came out for a ball he couldn't get

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
No one expected him to have a blinder.

I don't know how many goals like that one he has conceded, but it looks like a typical Kuszczak-esque goal, doesn't it?

He was at fault for the first goal, but let's not forget the save he made before Southampton's penalty.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
No one expected him to have a blinder.

I don't know how many goals like that one he has conceded, but it looks like a typical Kuszczak-esque goal.

He was at fault fot the first goal, let's not forget the save he made before Southampton's penalty.
no, there are no Kuszczak-esque goals mate. Kuszczak flaps corners at times (cough cough often cough) can't kick for live but there is no pattern in the goals he concedes.

I also though that second goal was a deflection, no?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The only impact the mistake has on United is that it probably harmed his value a bit

Amir

He was at fault for the first goal, but let's not forget the save he made before Southampton's penalty.
It doesn't work that way, and rightly so. He totally gifted a goal - the opening one as well, he didn't do it at 0-2 - and made things far easier for Southampton. When you do that it takes a hell of a lot more than one good save to cover for it.

Brophs

The One and Only
Piggy won't be going to market with only a few months left on his deal.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
TBH anyone expecting Kuszczak to to have a blinder in his first game after such a long break was a little bit naive. Keepers and strikers are confidence players, they need a run of games to show what they are capable of. He'll come good.
Not really sure confidence has anything to do with the first goal really. He just completely misreads the situation and fecks it up.

I don't know how many goals like that one he has conceded, but it looks like a typical Kuszczak-esque goal, doesn't it?
I thought the same when I saw it. Not in the "he conceded goals exactly like that before"-way, but in the way that it's typical of him to do something completely unexplainable. Why does he even think about going out for that ball in the first place? I never felt safe when he was in goal for United, because he did have some massive brain farts more often than other keepers.

I must say it's sort of amusing that he makes such a big error in his first game at a new club after moaning about not getting a chance to prove his worth as first choice at United.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Some more probably fake quotes from The Sun, which amazingly does still get some actual interviews. Strange, no athlete in the States would give an interview to The Enquirer.

Don't give them any hits, read it here if you must!

"It is five [years at the club], to be honest, as the last one does not exactly count.

"I've not played a single game after being pushed aside. This was all a disappointing end to my time at United. In previous years there was no place for keeping mistakes and I always knew that. It is a big club. This year there's more of a place for keeping mistakes and bad performances. This is the way it is. I'm disappointed about how things have ended.

"I want to stress I want to see the United lads win the Premier League. They're still my friends and I wish them the best. Why should I be angry with them?

"But I'm disappointed. Really disappointed about the way things worked out. I had waited and did what Sir Alex had asked me over this period of time. I was loyal but didn't receive enough chances to prove myself and that's why I'm here today.

"Edwin van der Sar is my friend. He was great. It was difficult to beat someone like this as he didn't make many mistakes. He was always fit and was good to learn off. I'd been waiting for a long time and Edwin retired. Then Sir Alex took the decision and I must accept it.

"I knew I'd not play if he decided to bring someone in for £18 million. It was obvious he was going to play regardless of how well he'd do. I've missed football so much. It was hard to remain motivated at United when I was training hard and not playing.

"When I got this chance, I wanted to take it straight away. I want to learn a lot and move forward in my career, whether it is Watford or another club. My contract with United expires this year. I'll try and find a new club where I get a chance to train hard and make myself better.

"I had a few offers last summer and in January but for whatever reason, I couldn't leave. Now I've a lot to prove. I'll make sure I'm ready for the game. Hopefully in the future if I get a chance to play in the Prem I can take it."
Tomasz Kuszczak slams double standards at Man United - ESPN Soccernet

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is a bit dissapointing for PIG, but unfortunately GK is only 1 position, and if your not the best available you wont be playing.

He is certainly a good shot stopper and has moments of magic ability, but his weaknesses are alot like ben foster, he just isnt good enough for a team like utd.

Wish him luck in the future and hope he finds a good club like Foster/Howard did, he could certainly be a prem keeper without doubts.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Such a stupid headline. Tomasz said nothing wrong in this interview.

This is the jist of it.

He didn't expect to to be nr. 1 ahead of VDS. Waited for him to get retired.
Then SAF bought a keeper for 18m. He said that was SAF decision and if you buy a keeper for that amount he is going to play. So again he didn't expect to be nr. 1 which meant he had to leave to play football. Which he did now temporarily with Watford. Then he'll leave in the summer for another club and he hopes United win the league because the players are his friends and he wishes them all the best.

We knew he had a few offers and none of us know why he hadn't left like we expected him to.

There's no whining in there and no badmouthing.

Shimo

Such a stupid headline. Tomasz said nothing wrong in this interview.
Exactly - I wondered how many people would get suckered by it versus see that there really isn't anything slamming about his comments.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The only slightly snide aspect to that interview is his implication that fergie's showing a tolerance to mistakes by DDG that he wouldn't have done for PIG. Which is a bit disingenuous as PIG's final game last season was an absolute fecking horror show, far worse than anything we've seen from the Spanish cat.

Mind you, I think he's allowed to be a little bitter. I know I would, if I was in his shoes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The only slightly snide aspect to that interview is his implication that fergie's showing a tolerance to mistakes by DDG that he wouldn't have done for PIG. Which is a bit disingenuous as PIG's final game last season was an absolute fecking horror show, far worse than anything we've seen from the Spanish cat.

Mind you, I think he's allowed to be a little bitter. I know I would, if I was in his shoes.
Exactly. It would be frankly bizarre if he was delighted with how things have turned out for him with us...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Yes. I didn't take it like that though. Had DDG been playing like has recently from the get go that comment would still count.

Maybe he has been very good in training which made SAF had second thoughts about letting him go in the summer.