Tomasz Kuszczak could quit Manchester United

prateik

Delighted for him. He is a good keeper.. was always going to improve with games. Hope he gets a good club.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
well you did care when he had a poor game.
Did I care?

No, I wanted to know how he was playing in his first game after such a long break. He had a good save before Southampton's penalty and conceded a Kuszczak-esque goal. That's all. He doesn't have future at United and I don't like him that much to follow him at Watford.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
MOTM in Watford- Derby game. Fans' rating on SSN : 9,3. Hope he makes it to thr Euros.
He's got another 9.3 rating after Watford drew 0-0 with Coventry. Made a string of impressive saves according to United's website:

Tomasz Kuszczak kept a clean sheet and made a string of impressive saves, including one from his United team-mate Oliver Norwood, as Watford drew 0-0 with Coventry City.

The Polish goalkeeper endured a busy afternoon to help his side claim a deserved point at Loftus Road, pulling off a particularly fine stop to deny Norwood, whose low shot had looked destined for the bottom corner.

Speaking after the match, Hornets manager Sean Dyche praised his temporary stopper: “During the first-half Tomasz was almost redundant. He made one fantastic save and in the second half, he had to make several key decisions.”
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...z-Kuszczak-keeps-clean-sheet-for-Watford.aspx

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I know many won't care but since joining Watford Kuszczak has played 10 games, 8 times picked to be their MOTM. For last game versus Cardiff fans' average rating was 9,8 / 10.

do we have a buy-back option :D

just joking, but Im very happy for him.

davisjw

PIG was always a great backup keeper. We just didn't have the time or patience needed to allow him to reach his potential. With less stress, he'll do great. Kind of similar to a Green.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good to hear, I never rated him as a great GK, but he is top lad.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Delighted to hear he's doing well, hope he goes on to have a good career.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Brilliant news, delighted he's doing well.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Was inevitable that he would go. It's a shame that he couldn't ever become more than backup, but that's the way it is I guess. I wish him the best in the future wherever he goes. Hopefully he'll be able to get some first team football.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

prateik

We knew he was going to leave on a free at the end of the season.
Very good #2. Didnt get a chance after VDS left.. a bit harsh on him.. but probably the right one.
He'll get a good club.. Best wishes Koosh.

JB7

Sunderland could do worse than go for him!
Sunderland let a keeper far, far better than PIG leave on a free this summer. He'll probably go to Wolves or someone...

NM

Almunia is better than your PIG for god's sake. I still remember him getting MoM in some league cup tie when he was fecking shocking - he had the honesty to look embarrassed.
I'm sorry. I don't rate PIG highly.. But Almunia was terrible before being dropped. He got released too right?

JB7

Almunia is a much better goalkeeper than PIG imo.

JB7

PIG was a solid number 2 for years but sadly will be remembered by Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime for an atrocious game away to Blackburn at the end of 10/11
I have to say one thing I never saw PIG as was solid. Good shot stopper, but bloody hell his positioning was abysmal, likewise was his presence in the penalty area - control of defence, crosses etc. He is basically a poor mans Shay Given. Nothing wrong with that and he will have a decent career, but not with a top club, or even with a top 10-12 club IMO. As I say, he will probably go somewhere like Wolves or maybe even Watford permenantly, as it looks like they'll be after a goalkeeper soon.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Almunia basically wins on default. Tomasz has mostly been a nr. 2. He pretty much only has the one season under his belt. Almunia had a few consecutive seasons but I wouldn't call him definitely a better goalkeeper. When Almunia started playing for Arsenal he was the same age as PIG is now. His previous experience was similar. In a couple of seasons it will be easier to judge.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I have to say one thing I never saw PIG as was solid. Good shot stopper, but bloody hell his positioning was abysmal, likewise was his presence in the penalty area - control of defence, crosses etc. He is basically a poor mans Shay Given. Nothing wrong with that and he will have a decent career, but not with a top club, or even with a top 10-12 club IMO. As I say, he will probably go somewhere like Wolves or maybe even Watford permenantly, as it looks like they'll be after a goalkeeper soon.
As far as backup keepers go he was solid. We've had our fair share of clowns in goal but he wasn't one of them. When he was drafted in to the side I never thought 'oh feck' and that was the general impression I got from other fans. I even recall on here probably about 18-24 months ago that there were many that thought he deserved a shot at no.1 keeper after VDS retired. I only remember him startin to get a hard time towards the end of last season and after a few retarded things he said this season. Playing backup keeper can't be easy when you're good enough and young enough to make a name elsewhere. I think he deserves a bit more respect.

JB7

I can remember people suggesting that very idea - albeit I was in the newbs at the time - and I did personally disagree with the sentiment and most people posting did, from what I remember anyway. Granted, there were a few who said he deserved a go, but that was mainly because of his quiet loyalty more than his ability.

As I say, he's not a goalkeeper I've ever rated even from his West Brom days, so I was disappointed when we signed him and always winced a little at seeing him in the team. Now he's gone I'll wish him all the best of course, but as I said, my honest assessment would be that he's a bottom PL to top Championship goalkeeper.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Almunia is better than your PIG for god's sake. I still remember him getting MoM in some league cup tie when he was fecking shocking - he had the honesty to look embarrassed.
The difference is that Almunia was your starter for a period of time whereas PIG was always meant to be a backup.

ricky-romeo

why turn this into a kuszczak v almunia discussion?

kuszczak was a good back up to vds. that's all. he did his job fine imo. unfortunately the fans will remember him for the blackburn game where he was abysmal.

he did well at watford last time around, surely should at least gets himself a deal at a championship club, or even maybe a lower table premiership team.

good luck and all the best PIG.