Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Benadichi

Supports
Chelsea
Feels so out of place celebrating 4th place but what a whirlwind of a season for both us and United. Already can’t wait for the restart and I can’t help but have an inkling we’ll both be knocking on Nashers door

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
So Chelsea is special but United with a front 3 of 60+ goals is not? Sure. That’s why all the teams are now so afraid of our transitions and are throwing out bodies to try to disturb it! Because there’s nothing special in this team!
I do think your attacking players are special. I just don't think it's on Ole that they are doing so well in the last third of the season and I doubt he will see them reach their full potential before he gets the sack.

Djemba-Djemba

I do think your attacking players are special. I just don't think it's on Ole that they are doing so well in the last third of the season and I doubt he will see them reach their full potential before he gets the sack.
Right back at you with Lampard.

Irrational.

Chelsea have made some power moves in the transfer market, with Ziyech and Werner already in the bag. We need to massively improve our squad this summer or we'll be falling well behind.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I do get angry at posts with not much sense to them.
Well perhaps you should learn to control your emotions. There will always people who disagree with you and my post was not nonsense, regardless of what you claim. I think there are a fair few in this forum who share my sentiment judging by the posts in the matchday and other recent threads. Wash your legs.

el3mel

Chelsea have made some power moves in the transfer market, with Ziyech and Werner already in the bag. We need to massively improve our squad this summer or we'll be falling well behind.
They still have terrible defense to sort.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea benched Kepa and voila, clean sheet against a dangerous Wolves :wenger:

Djemba-Djemba

Our attack on paper isn't special. It's a front three of Willian, Giroud and Pulisic. The first two aren't exactly prolific as well.
From next season though it looks good on paper.

I don't think he's anything special and he'll be sacked before you do anything big was more my point though.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Congratus to you feckers
Well done frank and the lads gtfi

Now go bring the cup home !

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
They still have terrible defense to sort.
We looked far more assured in defense today just by going from the worst keeper in the history of the PL to a 38 year old below average backup. We've finished the season with fewer xGA than Liverpool - getting in someone like Onana would go a very long way towards improving our defensive record.

alexthelion

I still think we are the winners here despite finishing below you on goal difference because you'll still be managed by Ole next season. I really think you should try and get Poch.
I'm sure you would, but why would we downgrade to Poch?

el3mel

We looked far more assured in defense today just by going from the worst keeper in the history of the PL to a 38 year old below average backup. We've finished the season with fewer xGA than Liverpool - getting in someone like Onana would go a very long way towards improving our defensive record.

Yeah you kinda fecked it up with Kepa signing. Reminds me of Bravo signing for City as well.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah you kinda fecked it up with Kepa signing. Reminds me of Bravo signing for City as well.
Kinda is generous!

That said in our defense, we were up shit creek without a paddle thanks to Courtois, who decided to throw a strop and force his move at the very end of the transfer window after repeatedly assuring that he'd be willing to play out his contract. Hard to properly vet a keeper when you only have a week to sign him!

The Purley King

Feels like this year’s top4 are the “proper” top4.
Would be great to get all 4 into the CL semis next year.
Both Chelsea and Utd have big reasons to be hopeful for next season.
I hope we rest out big guns for the Europa so we hit the ground running in the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
200 millions £ spent to match a transfer banned / new coach / Hazard gone Chelsea, congrats !
Oh yeah it's only Chelsea who lost players, we didnt lose any first team player at all.

Gasolin

That’s your mistake. Remember this is the guy who has trained Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez as offensive coach. He is making them better and they will reach full potential under him. We just need depth and that’s to be addressed now.

You will keep conceding though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think Ole is building anything special. He's been lucky that the players that were signed before he came or have come through the academy have hit a run of good form towards the end of the season. The recruitment has been poor and he's bottled the big decision by not dropping your keeper.

And I do think something is brewing at Chelsea. We are clearly signing another goalie and hopefully with another defender or 2 we will be challenging. We have the 3rd best attack in the league which has been let down consistently by awful goalkeeping and defending from set pieces. Fix them and we can at least start catching up on city and Liverpool.
What a horrendous post, jesus christ.

How are these people getting promoted?

Takes away all credit for Ole by saying that all players were signed before he came or have come through the academy, the same fecking thing applies to Lampard, then goes on to say recruitment has been poor :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
200 millions £ spent to match a transfer banned / new coach / Hazard gone Chelsea, congrats !
Chelsea fans slowly taking the crown of being the most moronic non-utd fanbase on Caf. Quite an achievement that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Feels like this year’s top4 are the “proper” top4.
Would be great to get all 4 into the CL semis next year.
Both Chelsea and Utd have big reasons to be hopeful for next season.
I hope we rest out big guns for the Europa so we hit the ground running in the league.
:nono: The earlier Liverpool and City go out the better

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Oh yeah it's only Chelsea who lost players, we didnt lose any first team player at all.
Makes me laugh how they pretend they had no new signings anyway. Yeah, Pulisic was signed in January but only joined in the summer, that's a new signing as far as I'm concerned.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah, because they haven't improved much since our manager, who used to be a deadly striker, came in at all!! :confused: :rolleyes:
Next you'll be telling me Matic hasn't improved since Carrick has been a coach ..

0le

Just utter nonsense. Ole was the manager who decided to make Martial his #9 and tell Lukaku to sit on the bench (instead he fecked off). Ole was the one who managed Greenwood to a tee, gradually introducing him into the team. Ole was the one who stuck Rashford on the wings, despite many of the press wanting him to play as a striker. Not to mention that Martial and Rashford are playing their best football, far better than anything they did under Mourinho. If you are going to formulate arguments about Ole, at least base it on reasonable opinions such as Ole has questionable game management etc.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not only do we have over 3 times as many titles as Chelsea, 3 times as many Champions Leagues and 4 more FA Cups but we’ve also finished above them beating them home and away. They have absolutely nothing on us.

roonster09

Scout
Makes me laugh how they pretend they had no new signings anyway. Yeah, Pulisic was signed in January but only joined in the summer, that's a new signing as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah and then also had players who returned from loan. They all post how James will fight with TAA for RB spot, Tammy should replace Kane, Mount is awesome but somehow they don't talk about these additions.

TheLord

This season is finished, so let us talk about next now.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Chelsea (Ziyech, Werner)
4. United

This will change depending on incoming and outgoing transfers.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah and then also had players who returned from loan. They all post how James will fight with TAA for RB spot, Tammy should replace Kane, Mount is awesome but somehow they don't talk about these additions.
I have never once heard either of the first two.

roonster09

Scout
I have never once heard either of the first two.
Well iirc it was posted by you only in those England threads.

From quick search, there are plenty more too.
Reece James has a serious stance of staking a claim if he can hit the ground running with us.

He's a lot more balanced fullback than Bissaka and Trent who are heavy going one way.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

roonster09

Scout

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
What a horrendous post, jesus christ.

How are these people getting promoted?

Takes away all credit for Ole by saying that all players were signed before he came or have come through the academy, the same fecking thing applies to Lampard, then goes on to say recruitment has been poor :lol:
You've got 48k posts and I've never noticed you. Says a lot. A couple of months ago you were all for sacking the bloke it seems. I wonder how much longer till the flip flops come back on.

Acquire Me

I don't think Ole is building anything special. He's been lucky that the players that were signed before he came or have come through the academy have hit a run of good form towards the end of the season. The recruitment has been poor and he's bottled the big decision by not dropping your keeper.

And I do think something is brewing at Chelsea. We are clearly signing another goalie and hopefully with another defender or 2 we will be challenging. We have the 3rd best attack in the league which has been let down consistently by awful goalkeeping and defending from set pieces. Fix them and we can at least start catching up on city and Liverpool.
You lot are not even top 6 in the league with that attack.