Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Shark

@NotShark
Another flip flop. Here's you replying to a poster saying Ole should be sacked at the end of the season if you drop points to West Ham.

It's crazy that you are so pissy at me saying that Ole isn't building anything special when you said he should be sacked only a week ago. You should jog on yourself, but remove the flip flops first.
I've been consistent in saying if we fail to make CL qualification, especially from the gifted position we landed ourselves in, his position should be questioned. Not if we dropped points to West Ham, but if we dropped points to West Ham and it ended up costing us 3rd or 4th. It's crazy that you think having a go at fans on a rival forum is going to go down well for you.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ahh so we can have 5 teams in but not 6?
Come on man. Were you under the rock in 17/18? There were 5 PL teams in CL in that season. It was the season when everyone were making fun of Arsenal for being the only top 6 didn't make CL. :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Lampard should get the manager of the year award imo, getting 4th with a small team like Chelsea is an extraordinary achievement.
There not a small team but you already know that. As far as Chelsea fans coming on here and appearing to be gloating or pushing their team’s reputation upward, I can see where they’re coming from. They have hit form and have Werner and Pulisic both in their prime starting next season. They play attractive football and have one of their legends as a coach. They have to be thinking top three at least.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I've been consistent in saying if we fail to make CL qualification, especially from the gifted position we landed ourselves in, his position should be questioned. Not if we dropped points to West Ham, but if we dropped points to West Ham and it ended up costing us 3rd or 4th. It's crazy that you think having a go at fans on a rival forum is going to go down well for you.
I am so sorry, my master. How dare I, a lowly rival from the House of Chav, question your sincerity. When you said that he should be sacked if you drop points at West Ham, what I should have done is imagined you had added the caveat about top 4. I'm sorry for having misinterpreted you and next time I'll try not to take you at your word.

always_hoping

I still think we are the winners here despite finishing below you on goal difference because you'll still be managed by Ole next season. I really think you should try and get Poch.
Poch? No thank you.
Both Chelsea and Manchester United benefited from a weaker league this season. The points to get into the top four has been falling for the last four seasons.

76 points
75 points
71 points
66 points

Both teams need to improve massively next season as I don't it is going to be as weak. We actually got fewer points than we did in Mourinho's first season when we finished 6th and won the Europa League.

I think both teams were fortunate this season. The kind of the form we have seen from both would not usually see you into the top four.
Go back another season (2015/16) and you will see Man City finished 4th on 66 points ahead of United on GD. This was far from a vintage Premier league but the 3rd and 4th best teams in this season finished where they deserved to be.

Shark

@NotShark
I am so sorry, my master. How dare I, a lowly rival from the House of Chav, question your sincerity. When you said that he should be sacked if you drop points at West Ham, what I should have done is imagined you had added the caveat about top 4. I'm sorry for having misinterpreted you and next time I'll try not to take you at your word.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

OsloRed

i admit I got quite firef up winning 4-0 In the opener, even if it wasn’t a 4-0 game, and the 2-0 at The Bridge was an important step for us (even if it wasn’t a 2-0 game). The B-sides game in the MM cup wouldn’t have counted if not for the two managers focus on the up-and-coming, butthat kept it interesting. Getting our noses shoved in the ground at Wembley hurt bad ( even if it wasn’t a 0-3 game (and our late pen didn’t count for much either). So beating Chelsea on the goal line felt great, even if it is of small importance. Probably a less sweaty start to the CL? And double the Goal difference also feels good. If Chelsea win the cup, they will have had the better season, unless we do one inthe Europa League. And that’s fair.
Who is butthat?

Grande

He does have a point, though.

yan man utd

Yeah - have to say, as a United fan this is a bit of a daft thread. We have both qualified so there is not much point in arguing and both teams need improvement.
Technically our first 11- on paper has more potential but you can’t underestimate Lampards achievement despite selling his best player (hazard - remember) and getting so much out of his players. Ole deserves credit for getting us over the line - albeit by the skin of our teeth but there are question marks over tactics , selecting value for money transfers and in game management - plus do we get the best out of our players? I hope these questions will be answered to the benefit of Man Utd!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Are Chelsea the most delusional fan base in the league? Getting there. Talk as though they’re some kind of footballing juggernaut when they’ve got as many league titles as Sunderland. Now they’ve finished below us in the league they can talk to us about as much as Sunderland can.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Maybe he does, but he's still one of the most insufferable opposition fans I've seen on here and there's been a hell of a lot.
Maybe the football forum just isn't for you then. If you don't want to hear what opposition fans have to say about their club, other clubs and your club then 'jog on' back to your safe space in the United forum.

Gasolin

Maybe the football forum just isn't for you then. If you don't want to hear what opposition fans have to say about their club, other clubs and your club then 'jog on' back to your safe space in the United forum.
To be fair, other teams forums don’t really like United fans too...

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
Are Chelsea the most delusional fan base in the league? Getting there. Talk as though they’re some kind of footballing juggernaut when they’ve got as many league titles as Sunderland. Now they’ve finished below us in the league they can talk to us about as much as Sunderland can.
And you are what? Footballing royalty? There are already a couple of examples of how the mighty have fallen, keep living in the past. You were lucky, saved by VAR. Otherwise, it would have been the 4th time you finished outside top4 in the past 5 years. I guess we will see next season how deserving of top 4 is Utd compared to Chelsea. We will see who is getting there and who is not.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
And you are what? Footballing royalty? There are already a couple of examples of how the mighty have fallen, keep living in the past. You were lucky, saved by VAR. Otherwise, it would have been the 4th time you finished outside top4 in the past 5 years. I guess we will see next season how deserving of top 4 is Utd compared to Chelsea. We will see who is getting there and who is not.
Manchester is footballing royalty

ReallyUSA

For? We just qualified for the CL, even our own staff didn’t celebrate it that much. It’s job done and onto next season for us, don’t put us in the same bucket as Chelsea.
Just take the congrats man

Red_toad

For? We just qualified for the CL, even our own staff didn’t celebrate it that much. It’s job done and onto next season for us, don’t put us in the same bucket as Chelsea.
Im pretty sure the team celebrated and everyone involved in the club is over the moon to be back in the Champion League. Our form after the shutdown has been great, getting top 4 was a real achievement given how far behind we were. Obviously we weren’t going to do an Arsenal in terms of celebrations, but let’s not try to sour the achievement.
Now to go try and win the Europa and get us a better seeding in the CL and get a trophy winning mentality into the team.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Hahahaha wow, you may not even be better than Chelsea so take it one step at a time.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hahahaha

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
Manchester is footballing royalty
Then so is Liverpool who had to wait 30 years for a league title, so is AC Milan who is still in the shadows. That adds no value to the discussion. I mentioned it because Offside was on a high horse, comparing us to Sunderland. Unreasonable ridicule has to be called out.

RashyForPM

Then so is Liverpool who had to wait 30 years for a league title, so is AC Milan who is still in the shadows. That adds no value to the discussion. I mentioned it because Offside was on a high horse, comparing us to Sunderland. Unreasonable ridicule has to be called out.
You’re closer to Sunderland than us in terms of history. You’re lower than Leeds and Forest too, and would be nowhere near them without Eastern European funding. It’s not unreasonable ridicule.

AshRK

I don't understand why some Chelsea fans all of a sudden here are acting all arrogant. Even Micah richards admitted it was a clear penalty. We did a double.over you lot and yet we don't deserve but Chelsea having conceded 54 goals deserve more than United.

Truth is point table don't lie and we both deserve to be in top 4.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I want nothing more than Lampard getting tactically outclassed by the Water carrier now, with Caballero making mistakes so they have two shite GKs.

Suedesi

Sorry, what?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we win the Europa league, does that mean Leicester will gain entry to play CL next season? Since we may also get qualification through Europa, that would leave an extra place for league? Or not?

Charlie Foley

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You could also just look at the season that was finished today and see who finished third and who finished fourth :lol:

Charlie Foley

This place seem inundated by newbie (American) Chelsea fans. I blame Pulisic.
Yeah I’m all for the likes of duffer who is a really good poster: but I thought we had a newbie system specifically to stop some of the shite we’re seeing.

Chief123

If we win the Europa league, does that mean Leicester will gain entry to play CL next season? Since we may also get qualification through Europa, that would leave an extra place for league? Or not?
Nope, it would still only be the top 4 that qualify. The only way a 5th team will join is if Wolves win the Europa League.

There was a freak scenario where we could have finished 4th and still not qualified for champions league. It would have needed Chelsea to finish 5th and win the champions league and also Wolves to win the Europa league. That would have been them two and the top 3 in the champions league as you can't have more than 5 teams from one country in the UCL.

Reactions: Penna

Charlie Foley

They have to be thinking top three at least.
But we ACTUALLY made it into the top three. Today. This “next year is our year” shit is particularly stupid when throwing it at the team who just did what you’re saying you’ll do.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea fans still arrogant, fortunately, I really don't think they are building anything at all to be feared.
They would probably probably feel the same way about us. I don't think either Lampard or Ole and their teams has shown immense potential. Both could kick in to bigger things but also easily end up in failing.

SATA

Where the feck are all these chelsea fans coming from? Never seen those usernames before today and posting some absolute biles