Top 4 race 2016/17

SammyUnited_83

We won't finish in the top 4, as we aren't one of the 4th best teams in the league, we might qualify via the EL but our away form in Europe is shite, so even that is longshot.

gajender

We still have outside shot of top 4 this season but our margin of error is now non existent , despite what others might believe 75 points should be enough for top 4 so we need to win atleast 10 of our remaining games and can't afford to lose more than 2 .

We need to show title winning form for our next 15 games to guarantee Champions league football via league not impossible but highly improbable.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So our last 6 matches of the season include Chelsea at home and Arsenal,Spurs(probably City aswell?) away :nervous: And with Everton breathing behind our necks we could end 7th this season :(

willhse456

Don't know why, but I have a feeling we'll win a couple of the away games against the other top 4 contenders near the end of the season. If we are still in the mix by that time I'll be pretty optimistic of finishing in the top 4.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So our last 6 matches of the season include Chelsea at home and Arsenal,Spurs(probably City aswell?) away :nervous: And with Everton breathing behind our necks we could end 7th this season :(
Everyone forget about Everton, but they are just 9 points behind the 4th spot and they are on a great run of form.

Treble_Winning

True, United are still in two cups, but that doesn't matter a jot as even if we win the two domestic cups but end up outside the top four it would still be a bad season.
If we win the two domestic cups and the EL, it would be a good season. The experience of winning silverware will give us a solid platform in the league and CL next season, we should be looking to win at least one of those two competitions.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
Yeah, it does suck to be in the real world instead of fairytale "easy fixtures coming up", "just need to finish our chances" la la land, I'll give you that.
try being in the the real world and supporting your team no matter what instead of coming out with crass statements such as "Personally, I have completely lost interest in our league season as of tonight"

stevieg4ever

Supports
Liverpool
2nd to 6th is anyone's call at the moment as all the teams keep dropping points in easy fixtures, whoever can get rid of their patch work form and put together a decent run will get their just rewards, consistency is key.

As for Liverpool everyone is back now, no absentees, Coutinho slowly starting to find his groove, Matip will be a big plus for us at the back (we don't have many).

Judas

Open to offers
I didn't think it could be more frustrating than last season missing out on top 4, but if we miss out again, it will be hard to swallow. The amount of opportunities we're getting to get back in there, it's infuriating.

humdinger

Another great weekend for us in terms of rivals dropping points.

If we drop points again tomorrow you have to laugh.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
If i were you, i wouldn't make any prediction. Everytime your rivals drop points you drop points as well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Our rivals keep leaving us open goals. We will drop points tomorrow. We have no bottle.

Last edited:

Peanut Butter

If i were you, i wouldn't make any prediction. Everytime your rivals drop points you drop points as well.
You don't seem to understand. I couldn't give a flying feck about top 4. It's not an achievement. I care about trophies.

Another year, another season without silverware for cocky old Liverpool.

Shankly and Paisley would be fuming!

Janson

I think we can safely count Liverpool out of top 4 now. They have totally lost it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
our rivals keep leaving us open goals. We will drop points tomorrow. We have no bottle.
Arsenal, you and us have all lost or bottle. Never seen the three of us this shit together ever really.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Well, other than the runaway leaders, the top four isn't quite what it was a couple of weeks ago. Nobody could drop points, now nobody can gain three.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
We won't finish in the top 4, as we aren't one of the 4th best teams in the league, we might qualify via the EL but our away form in Europe is shite, so even that is longshot.
If you think Arsenal and Liverpool are better than United you're wrong. United's problem is finishing their opportunities. United has a better defense than both.

Don't look now, but Everton is only 2 points behind us.

Peanut Butter

Finishing in the top 4 wouldn't change anything for Liverpool anyway. Their owners would still buy shite like Can and Klavan and their manager is an extremely overrated one trick pony.

The combination is toxic.

Anduin

Mathematically speaking that's quite simply an incorrect statement mate. I think a lot of people forget how bad we were from September to November, which opened up a gap up to 10 points to a top 4 finish. If (big if TBF) we win tomorrow at Leicester we would've made up eight points on you guys and Liverpool since our winning run started in December. No doubt we could and should've done better against the likes of Stoke and Hull during that run, but we might have left ourselves with simply too much to do in the end. Draws like we had against Hull and Stoke are "fine" as long as you aren't as crap as we were throughout a 2,5 months period in autumn.

But let's wait and see. For me top 4 was finished on Wednesday, but if we somehow manage to come away with the three points against Leicester tomorrow we have a good chance to finally go level with Liverpool the week after, who host Tottenham next. Our rivals unfortunately only started to drop points when we did as well, so our winning run during December only meant we barely kept in touch with the top teams behind Chelsea. Win tomorrow and last 10 games read 7W / 3D, 24/30 points. That's not too bad at all.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
you're right.

But even if United get a draw, they get 1 point closer to Arsenal and Liverpool, and 1 additional point up on Everton.

Even with poor finishing I can't see United losing to L City. (I say that knowing I've probably just jinxed the team)

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Guys, it meant to be a joke, seeing how you dropped points on wednesday along with us and Liverpool. I apologize if my english is not perfect ;)

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
We must be one of the few teams unable to beat Liverpool this year?! That was as bad as the Stoke and Hull results.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
We should really be rid of that damn 6th position soon - Everton are only two points behind us now :nervous: :nono:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Just waiting for @TheReligion, @Peanut Butter, @Kraftwerker, @Robbie Boy and a whole host of guest stars to educate me that a draw against Hull is so much better than a draw against Chelsea.

Kraftwerker maybe another comic strip to help me understand. Eh? :wenger:
Nice timing just before you play them.

You're out of every single competition you're in and no wins in 2017, and you want to gloat?

We know what happens next.
Well done my little puppet. Pat yourself on the head for yet another job well done.