Television Top Gear

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Nope - I'm on a course at the moment so I get it for £39 ;) (amazon student)

However I'd gladly pay £79 for it too. Next day delivery to an amazon locker is great - and with the amount of orders I do I easily save money by paying the £79 initially. Like I said, the fact I get TV thrown in too is a bonus.
I get that it saves you money, but it's not free is it?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"Tonight; I go to a nice little cafe near my house for some bacon and eggs and a quick browse through the Daily Mirror's cricket stories, Joey from Friends makes some self referential jokes about being an American in London Town, Eddie shows us how to make marmalade and special guest Kate Humble finds out how many dead badgers she can stuff in the back of a 1984 Toyota Celica."

Dan

Black guy - Check
Woman - Check (bonus she is a kraut)
Yank - Check
Ginger - Check
Asian - Check
Idiot - Check
Cash Cow - Check

Full House BBC... it will be utter dross (probably) but at least it will be politically correct dross
Asian?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
"Tonight; I go to a nice little cafe near my house for some bacon and eggs and a quick browse through the Daily Mirror's cricket stories, Joey from Friends makes some self referential jokes about being an American in London Town, Eddie shows us how to make marmalade and special guest Kate Humble finds out how many dead badgers she can stuff in the back of a 1984 Toyota Celica."
It'll be like the three boys never left....

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Black guy - Check
Woman - Check (bonus she is a kraut)
Yank - Check
Ginger - Check
Asian - Check
Idiot - Check
Cash Cow - Check

Full House BBC... it will be utter dross (probably) but at least it will be politically correct dross
That's a very Daily Mail comment that

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Good to see Top Gear (sic Clarkson) fans are judging a show they've yet to see by all the reasonable and appropriate criteria for a programme about cars and how fast they go.

I would say this thread is a car crash, but it'd be beneath me ...(so I've only sort of half done it)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Good to see Top Gear (sic Clarkson) fans are judging a show they've yet to see by all the reasonable and appropriate criteria for a programme about cars and how fast they go.

I would say this thread is a car crash, but it'd be beneath me ...(so I've only sort of half done it)
Yeah but I bet they won't even destroy a single caravan so because of that it's deffo gonna fail.

saivet

I think I will give this a go. I grew tired of watching Top Gear, not watched it regularly for a few years. I'd be interested to see the viewing figures of Top Gear year by year.

Doubt I'll watch show on Amazon though unless it gets amazing reviews, not particularly fond of Clarkson, May or Hammond in all honesty.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah but I bet they won't even destroy a single caravan so because of that it's deffo gonna fail.
I'm hoping it succeeds by virtue of some kind of parallel, opposite-world Shy Tory factor, wherein a huge silent majority of people who don't openly admit to being obnoxious cnuts tune in in droves.

Last edited:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I don't understand what people are so upset about. It's not like he drove all over the monument.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"Donuts" - which have previously been performed many times on Top Gear - usually involve rotating the rear of a car around the front, a technique caused by making the rear wheels of a car spin more quickly than the front set.

They often leave circular skid marks on the road and sometimes cause smoke to emit from tyres due to friction.
Thanks for the explanation BBC.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't understand what people are so upset about. It's not like he drove all over the monument.
What I thought when I read it. But I guess the narrative of 'ignorant Yank disrespects our monument' was just too good to pass up.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Thanks for the explanation BBC.
Yahoo answers on why it's not spelt 'doughnut':
Doughnut is the correct spelling and it dates to 1809:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term...

You can blame 'short / slang' spellings of many words on advertising agencies and commercial enterprises, and this is how they 'sneak' into our lexicon.

Do you recall that American Airlines saved $70,000 by eliminating just ONE olive in salads in the 1980s. See #5 at:

http://blog.travelfli.com/post/149062765...

Although unknown for sure, how much money did Dunkin’ Donuts save by eliminating three letters from the more correct ‘doughnuts’ for the exterior signs on their outlets? Letters cost money. How much does each letter cost? How many Dunkin’ Donuts outlets are there? In short, sometimes correct spelling is sacrificed by commercial enterprises to save money.
Maybe they can add that in there too

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's sooooooo blatently a publicity stunt

"Oh look at us we can be edgy and controversial too"

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's sooooooo blatently a publicity stunt

"Oh look at us we can be edgy and controversial too"
It's so tame as well, apologising almost immediately. It's like building up the guts to punch someone then quickly running away saying "sorrysorrysorry".

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's so tame as well, apologising almost immediately. It's like building up the guts to punch someone then quickly running away saying "sorrysorrysorry".

Yeah I know this show is dead before it's started the new hosts are fat too weak and don't have the humour or presense that the normal 3 have.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yahoo answers on why it's not spelt 'doughnut':

Maybe they can add that in there too
Hmm, imagine all the sweet sweet internet juice Niall would save if we were called "Rd Cfe".
Aye, and the punch is just a tap on the shoulder too.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah I know this show is dead before it's started the new hosts are fat too weak and don't have the humour or presense that the normal 3 have.
Personally I think they should just close the BBC altogether and replace all of the channels with Dave.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I can't bloody stand Chris Evans. What a prat!

It's a shame Chris Harris has sold his soul :(

Smores

Find it funny people complaining about the hosts considering the previous moron

Sigma

That trailer doesn't look great, guess it will be hard for me to buy into it without Clarkson, Hammond and May.