Martin Freeman
Luke Evans

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Javier Bardem
Christian Bale
Ed Norton

I would Daniel Day Lewis up there, but he makes 1 film every 4-5 years and even though his acting is incredible, there's such a limited amount of films I can watch with him in it!
Good shout

thepolice123

It is nearly impossible to list 3.

Leonardo DiCaprio
Matthew Mcceunaghey
Cristoph Waltz
Mads Mikelsson
Gary Oldman
Tom Hardy
Michael Fassbender
Daniel Day Lewis
Heath ledger (RIP)
Brad Pitt
Christian bale
Benedict Cumberbatch
Martin Freeman
Luke Evans
?
How is Luke Evans, Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Hardy and Martin Freeman in the same league with the likes of DDL, Oldman and even DiCaprio?

Scrumpet

There are no words
How often does a Daniel Day Lewis character seem like an actual human? I haven't seen any of his romance movies so I have to go back to In the Name of the Father.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
?
How is Luke Evans, Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Hardy and Martin Freeman in the same league with the likes of DDL, Oldman and even DiCaprio?
Because I feel that is the case. If you've watched True Detective, Dallas Buyer's club you have a new appreciation for McConaughey. Freeman and Cumberbatch have been fantastic in Sherlock, The Hobbit 1/2, and Freeman in Fargo is excellent. Luke Evans is a growing actor. Nottice he is at the bottom of my list. Tom Hardy is excellent and plays many diverse roles.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
?
The problem I have with DDL and with Anthony Hopkins is that whenever they play a character, I can't shake the feeling that it is a played character if you know what I mean? I always know it's DDL or Hopkins and never get lost into the character and believe he is who he is in the film... I always felt this way about DDL and have felt like that towards Hopkins post-Silence of the Lambs...

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Apart from the more prominent ones :

Anton Yelchin.
Oscar Isaac.
Ezra Miller.

Adèle Exarchopoulos.
Noomi Rapace.

And speaking of the Phoenix family, River would've been at the top of some lists I reckon. Shame. :(

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Dane DeHaan
Damian Lewis
William Fichtner
Camilla Belle
Djimon Hounsou
Famke Janssen
Vera Farmiga
Zoe Saldana
Hugo Weaving
Tilda Swinton
Ben Foster

Deleted member 78215

Apart from the more prominent ones :

Anton Yelchin.
Oscar Isaac.
Ezra Miller.

Adèle Exarchopoulos.
Noomi Rapace.

And speaking of the Phoenix family, River would've been at the top of some lists I reckon. Shame. :(
One of those very easy-to-watch actors. Can see him winning big in the future. Not a top 3 actor, though.

Nucks

RT History Department
Haven't read the entire thread to see if this was mentioned but regarding Fassbender.

He was a major peripheral character throughout the series. He played Sgt Christensen.

Oo0AahCantona

Denzel washington
Tom Hardy
Gary oldman

But its just impossible too many get missed out.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I couldn't believe she was the old woman in The Grand Budapest Hotel! The most convincing make up I've ever seen.
She also plays the old woman in Snowpiercer. Her performance in We Need To Talk About Kevin was superb. VERY underrated actress.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Christian Bale
Ed Norton
Casey Affleck

On any given day, depending on the most recent films I happen to have seen, I might throw in Oldman, Pacino, or Fiennes. Also have a soft spot for Pitt, but mostly because of Snatch and the scene in Fight Club where him and Norton fight for the first time outside the bar, where he laughs, abruptly stops and says "surprise me". I find the likes of Cumberbatch, Lewis, DiCaprio, and Penn to be quite overrated. Not bad, just not that brilliant.

elisha27

Definite:
Daniel Day-Lewis

For the other two spots:
Joaquin Phoenix
Philip Seymour-Hoffman
Denzel Washington (when he can be bothered, which sadly seems like never nowadays)
Michael Fassbender

Wildcard:
Casey Affleck

DiCaprio shouldn't be anywhere near this list. Though he delivers fine/strong performances, it's inescapable that they're just that - performances. He's always Leo DiCaprio acting, and never the character. A great actor doesn't have this problem.

Kag

Phoenix, Di Caprio and Hanks.

I'd like to see Cranston venture into some feature length lead roles.

Revan

Assumptionman
?
How Di Caprio is on the league with Oldman and especially DDL in the first place? He's good, but there's no way that he can even compared with DDL who surely is one of the best actors ever.

Needs a new agent. His feature film roles recently have been terrible.
Seconded. Not that he has played on shit movies (Total Recall and Godzilla) but also the role there was a bit shit.

Bole Top

it's impossible to pick only three so I'll try with top 5:

Kevin Spacey
Russel Crowe
Bill Murray
Michael Douglas
Brendan Gleeson

Cate Blanchett
Hilary Swank
Meryl Streep
Tilda Swinton
Kate Winslet

still impossible.

Matt Damon
Sam Rockwell
Tom Hanks

Matthew Mconaughey is making a serious case for it too in his last few films.

Tarrou

The three I enjoy watching the most are Steve Buschemi, Billy Bob Thorton and John Turturro

I wouldn't say these are the greatest around, but I almost always enjoy their performances and will watch most films they make.

jem

I really can't understand how people rate DiCaprio. I think he is awful. For me, it would probably be:

Steve Buscemi, Philip Seymour Hoffman, James Gandolfini (granted his best work was in television, but still.)