Torres to Chelsea

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The Chelsea system just doesn't suit him at all. They've basically since his arrival tried to play him like Drogba.

Brophs

The One and Only
The Chelsea system just doesn't suit him at all. They've basically since his arrival tried to play him like Drogba.
The Torres at his peak at Liverpool could play that role, or at least lead the line on his own. This guy is just a pale imitation. No matter what system you put him in he's still lost his pace, power and that confidence that sets good players apart. I'd be amazed if anyone parts with any more than six or seven million for him at this stage. And even then they'd be having a punt on there still being a player in there.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
He'll surely go down as the biggest waste of money on one player the game has ever seen. There'll never be another £50m player that bad ever again.

68-99-08

FWIW - I think Carroll was definitely the worse of the two transfers. Torres landed in a situation that has been awful since day one with Chelsea being such a circus. I imagine the amount of professional support to help him repair his confidence has been minimal but at the time there were few eyebrows raised about the price.

Carroll's fee was completely and utterly unjustified.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
FWIW - I think Carroll was definitely the worse of the two transfers. Torres landed in a situation that has been awful since day one with Chelsea being such a circus. I imagine the amount of professional support to help him repair his confidence has been minimal but at the time there were few eyebrows raised about the price.

I thought you were talking bollocks there but you're right, there were only a handful of people on here questioning the fee...

50 million is fecking ridiculous.
It'll seem even more ridiculous when El Nino is in El Treatment Room several times a season.

You can't pay that money for someone with his track record.
Indeed. 50 million is a great deal for Pool considering he is a bit of a crock. I have no clue why they aren't just taking the money and laughing all the way to the bank. This season is a bit of a write off anyway.
...while the rest were talking about it as a brilliant signing. Surprised by that really.

I said that over the weekend, I believe that to be so, but that would be akin to comparing a brilliant buy with a very brilliant buy - either way we are going to do extremely well out of it.
This gave me a chuckle, gotta love that PL bias...

Torres is twice the player Aguero is.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

I guess you are right, but only for the fact that Torres sells quite a lot of shirts.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He'll surely go down as the biggest waste of money on one player the game has ever seen. There'll never be another £50m player that bad ever again.
Sorry but Carroll has that sewn up. Nobody goes for 35m and then gets loaned out a year later. Torres has been shit and is there clear daylight between Carroll and Torres and whoever lies above them.

But at least Torres has tried to fight on.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Posts from the beginning of this thread are lovely in hindsight.

£50m would strenghten their team drastically. Torres doesn't have the players behind him right now to be the sort of threat we know he is capable of being.
Yeah, Downing and Carroll.

Imagine if Liverpool actually went towards signing players like Suarez who was a direct Torres replacement at £18m. They might've actually built a team worthy of a top 4 finish.