Tosin Adarabioyo | Signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm seeing nothing different about us from a recruitment perspective, still dysfunctional and too slow to act. This should have been a no-brainer considering how poor our defensive depth is at the moment.
Still haven't got our recruitment team inplace... :rolleyes:
This Summer is going to be a massive revelation of how INEOS are going to operate, especially given FFP restrictions, so they have to be very clever in the market, and you'd think that a FREE transfer of a player such as Tosin is a gifthorse.

AlexUTD

Still haven't got our recruitment team inplace... :rolleyes:
This Summer is going to be a massive revelation of how INEOS are going to operate, especially given FFP restrictions, so they have to be very clever in the market, and you'd think that a FREE transfer of a player such as Tosin is a gifthorse.
Why get Tosin on a free when you can buy Branthwaite for 80M? :wenger:

lysglimt

Scout
Why has he missed so many games over the last 2 seasons ? Has he been injured or bench ? Must admit I haven't paid much attention to him.

AlexUTD

Because one is good enough to be a regular - and the other is a decent squad-player ? :)
I know, but im just showing the vast difference in price and the quality difference is not that big as the price :)

The last 10 years this club have ignored good deals for overpriced players that did not even make us better most of the time.

With so many defensive players we will need this seems like a silly deal to pass up, even if Tosin would be a squad player especially for free!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Why has he missed so many games over the last 2 seasons ? Has he been injured or bench ? Must admit I haven't paid much attention to him.
Just getting himself acquainted with the United way of doing things.

criticalanalysis

Just hope it's not another Kim situation, where people think 'he's not what we need' or 'not the right profile/position of player', only for us to sign Mount and nobody else in the defensive area.

Reyoji-Utd

A no brainer and united seems not going hand in hand...

United have to spend a lot of money to show that we are still relevant

Rockets Redglare

So basically he wants United and he’s holding out for us to offer him a deal before singing for Newcastle.

Rojofiam

Can already see this being the "United and Ashworth stole our target" narrative from the side of Newcastle mouthpieces

CallyRed

I think we should just compete with Newcastle for all their targets this summer. Don't actually sign them, just bump up the asking price

CM

We should be going for him with the amount of business we need to do this summer, particularly in defence. We can't shell out big fees for all of them

mancsarered

This should be automatic given the current state of our CB situation. If we let Newcastle beat us here I have no words.

M16Red

He's a United fan too. We should be all over this.
Erm, no he isn't - he's an ex man city player. When he signed his new contract with city he was talking about captaining city?

Sounds like a utd fan..:wenger:

JE-365

It’s a no brainer signing. Probably the first signing we need to secure because he’s a free agent.
  • We need CB
  • It’s a free signing means it’s a low risk signing
  • Had good season with Fulham
  • Reasonable wages
  • PL Proven
  • Tall centre back. As regular CB, he can compliment Martinez. As bench player, he can come from the bench to defend aerial duel.

diarm

Erm, no he isn't - he's an ex man city player. When he signed his new contract with city he was talking about captaining city?

Sounds like a utd fan..:wenger:
There are loads of ex city players who grew up United fans.

M16Red

There are loads of ex city players who grew up United fans.
It doesn't really matter anyway.

He's a good player and maybe he wants to come back to Manchester, hopefully Frimpong too - both will look good in red.

Bwuk

Reading the Fulham Reddit page - they aren’t that bothered he’s leaving. Don’t seem to think he’s all that.

MegadrivePerson

Reading the Fulham Reddit page - they aren’t that bothered he’s leaving. Don’t seem to think he’s all that.
He's bang average.

There's a good reason that the likes of City, Arsenal and Liverpool aren't in for him.

If he wasn't out of contract he'd still be at Fulham next season as that's about his level.

aeh1991

It’s a no brainer signing. Probably the first signing we need to secure because he’s a free agent.
  • We need CB
  • It’s a free signing means it’s a low risk signing
  • Had good season with Fulham
  • Reasonable wages
  • PL Proven
  • Tall centre back. As regular CB, he can compliment Martinez. As bench player, he can come from the bench to defend aerial duel.
If you seriously consider him a regular CB, it worries me. He is a 5th CB at best.

Ekeke

He's bang average.

There's a good reason that the likes of City, Arsenal and Liverpool aren't in for him.

If he wasn't out of contract he'd still be at Fulham next season as that's about his level.
The reason they arent interested is they have better CBs than him. We have Maguire and Lisandro who has fitness problems. We arent as good as those teams hence we need players that they dont. We also wont be attracting players they want. We're a midtable team

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Seems to be an inconsistent player. In one of the games vs us he was outstanding and the best player on the pitch and then next time I saw him he was meh. Definitely good enough to be a squad player for a European side but not a starter.

SparkedIntoLife

I think the ideal right centre back options would be this guy and a young one like Anselmino/Yoro/Scalvini. Tosin’s height and pace would make him a great addition to the squad but I don’t see him as a top class mainstay.

Once Maguire is moved on (probably after the Euros where hopefully he impresses), we could then move for Branthwaite.

Possible centre backs - Martinez, Anselmino, Tosin, Branthwaite with Lindelof as backup CD/RB after AWB is sold.

This also works quite well if we play 3 at the back sometimes like McKenna played at Ipswich occasionally. I’d probably also keep Evans as a player/coach as emergency backup.

NoPace

If you seriously consider him a regular CB, it worries me. He is a 5th CB at best.
Agreed. Sign a starting RCB and a cheaper young CB prospect (I guess Anselmino) and that's your 4 CBs, with Evans for one last year, or Kambwalla as a 5th. If Maguire is leaving, then Tosin makes sense.

JE-365

Calm down, don’t need to be worried because it’s just a theoretical if we don’t have the budget, hence why I made two cases; the case if he becomes regular or the case if he becomes bench player.

Bondi77

Surely Kambwala has a higher ceiling than Tosin.
Big Willy was supposed to be our big prospect signing not long ago and now all some are talking about is a 5th choice backup.
I have liked what I have seen of him so far and apart from one game when he lost his footing and had a couple of positional errors but Casemiro was doing that in most games he played in anyway.
He is in the first team squad now and I would have him in our quartet of CBs and the coach should be picking him to start in the early cup games and see how he performs from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.