g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Muppet Fantasy

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Maybe because last time Theon went AWOL before a semi he promptly dumped the caretaker manager after it?

Seriously, we've been here before and it's fecking ridiculous. No show = loss, don't give two shits about which was the better team. It's unfair on crappy (and everyone, really) to have left him waiting. The players themselves are disappointed and demoralised, all hoping to get picked up for the final by someone else.
Well I'm pretty laid back about these things, but the no-shows are doubling or tripling the length of these drafts.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I agree. Just give the win to crappy so that we can move on to the reinforcements and the final.
AFAIC you are the mod now and should make a call, if we leave it to opinions we will be going around in circles for days.

Moby

Dick
You are the admin of the draft now aren't you? So your move.
AFAIC you are the mod now and should make a call, if we leave it to opinions we will be going around in circles for days.
TBH I mainly offered to set up the games :lol:

Anyway yeah, let's move on to the final.

@crappycraperson @MJJ you can start bidding for the players from Annah's and Pol/Theon's teams.

antohan

Well I'm pretty laid back about these things, but the no-shows are doubling or tripling the length of these drafts.
Exactly, we were laid back about it last time out and set a bad precedent, maybe we should wipe it clean?

FWIW, the original draft rules were no-show = out. Pol was quite clearly about it, and rightly so.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Exactly, we were laid back about it last time out and set a bad precedent, maybe we should wipe it clean?

FWIW, the original draft rules were no-show = out. Pol was quite clearly about it, and rightly so.
Yeah, I'm just a bit fecked off that we didn't get the Barca/Spain tiki-taka v Real/Brazil galacticos clash we've all been dying for.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
So Messi didn't make Annah's team unbeatable after all? Clearly he should have paid a lot more to get him, what a huge advantage it was :lol:.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The timing was terrible, really. The whole caf has gone into a possession football hatred wave.
I know. Sadly it was a bad week for possession football :(

Annahnomoss

The timing was terrible, really. The whole caf has gone into a possession football hatred wave.
Especially as they played 4-4-2 which meant any 4-4-2 is a direct counter to tiki-taka/possession football!

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So Messi didn't make Annah's team unbeatable after all? Clearly he should have paid a lot more to get him, what a huge advantage it was :lol:.
TBF he was up against a team that would be pretty fecking hard to beat on any United forum and then ofcourse the Bayern debacle did not help at all

crappycraperson

Scout
Not sure about the walkover. If Annah is happy to take over Theon's team, I would prefer to play the semi but final call is with @Aldo.

antohan

I know. Sadly it was a bad week for possession football :(
It always happens to one team or another. I remember I was quite chuffed with Forlán post-2010WC, only to see him move to Inter and turn to shit while the draft was on. Or whoever it was that picked Kompany and Hart (Theon I think) as the best of the Premiership best, only for Hart to have several consecutive mares and Kompany ducking to a Cristiano free kick :lol:

Crappy actually dodged a bullet now having acquired Nedved to replace Ribery, which is manic of course, one loss doesn't suddenly make everyone at Bayern shit. Or available for transfer and ludicrously "not wanted" :smirk:

crappycraperson

Scout
Problem with that is if annah wins who is going to do the transfers? Unless @Annahnomoss/someone else opts to take over the team until theon returns, I am in favor of giving you a win.
That's a given though innit? If he takes over the match now, he will have to do the transfers as well. If Theon turns up by then, they can do it jointly.

crappycraperson

Scout
Let him and Aldo decide what has to be. As I said, if we can't get a match going today, we should move on.

NoPace

I now have even less of a clue how I lost comfortably in Round 1, preaching a counter attacking style with this team:

Suarez-Totti-Bale
-Essien-Lampard-
----X.Alonso------
Evra---------Maicon
--Pique-Campbell-
-----Handanovic--

with Aguero to further give me pace off the bench.

I think most people probably rate Lampard, Handanovic, Maicon and Pique's prime a bit lower than I do, for a start.

Annahnomoss

Is crappy's write-up already done? I can work on Theons write-up ASAP but I would need some help from someone for the activity in the match-thread.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I now have even less of a clue how I lost comfortably in Round 1, preaching a counter attacking style with this team:

Suarez-Totti-Bale
-Essien-Lampard-
----X.Alonso------
Evra---------Maicon
--Pique-Campbell-
-----Handanovic--

with Aguero to further give me pace off the bench.

I think most people probably rate Lampard, Handanovic, Maicon and Pique's prime a bit lower than I do, for a start.
A lot of your players are currently way past their best which doesn't help in these drafts I think. It shouldn't matter of course but people can have short memories.

Moby

Dick
I've received the tactics from Annah so I will set up the game in a few minutes. He has requested for someone to assist him so it will be great if someone can carry on the discussions when he's not there.

Thanks Annah!

Annahnomoss

Great guys, well usually the public/voters act well in these situations so we can skip it and I will do my best.

kps88

Yay, things are finally moving. These things always run out of steam in the last stretch.

NoPace

A lot of your players are currently way past their best which doesn't help in these drafts I think. It shouldn't matter of course but people can have short memories.
You'd think the benefit of their best performances being remembered would cancel that out. Essien and Maicon might be past it now, but when I think of them I think of them dominating CL games, not looking a bit past it.

crappycraperson

Scout
Auction can now start.
Must say another blooper in this auction has been not to raise the minimum bid price going forward. Someone could actually get 5 brand new players now, that's a bit much. By this stage you should not have been allowed to get more than 2 players IMO, which means minimum bid of 20m .

MJJ

Auction can now start.
Must say another blooper in this auction has been not to raise the minimum bid price going forward. Someone could actually get 5 brand new players now, that's a bit much. By this stage you should not have been allowed to get more than 2 players IMO, which means minimum bid of 20m .
I did suggest that last time but got ignored. The min for last round ahould have been 15m and this one 20m.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Auction can now start.
I said this a long time ago.

Way too early to tell. I think the last 2 reinforcement auctions can turn everything around. There will be too many quality players available and if we keep 10m as the starting bid, most teams will get at least 3 or 4 top players each round and everything will change completely again. Teams will look totally different in the end.

I didn't want to suggest it before, because it would have benefited me the most, but I think we should increase the starting bid with every round, so that everyone can just buy two players at the most after the semifinals unless you have saved a lot of money, not 5. Make the starting bid 15m after the quarterfinals, which means 3 players at most for the 50m budget you get after going through. Then 20m after the semifinals. Right now, there were enough players so that we pushed each other for top players, like crappy did with me for Thuram, so that I had to overpay for him. Can't see that happening if only 4 or 2 players are bidding and even more top players become available.

It's just my opinion of course, I'm happy to continue to play it the way we do now and I'm sure it will be fun either way.
We could see someone buying Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi for 50m if the opponent doesn't need any of them.

Annahnomoss

Personally rather torn on the issue, in one hand it does make the teams playing much more concise and being lucky becomes less important as that one single absolutely crucial player being ineligible won't send you out as you can change theme here. It is always funnier when two as good as possible teams face each other rather than one team which is perfect because his needed players was sent out in the round before VS a team who clearly misses a player they need who wasn't sent out.

In terms of this, this has by far been the best draft so far. We have seen so many themes from not just one/two persons like most drafts but everybody.

Balance wise:
I also think that a Ronaldo going for 60 millions, which is the value of 6 players, then going through- means it is already balanced pretty well. I would never again buy a player like Ronaldo, unless I had the perfect system created and built for him.

If people want to introduce it: Instead of making a lowest bid, one should just lower the amount the teams gets for reinforcements? Simpler and cleaner solution.

Round 1: 50 millions
Round 2: 35 millions
Round 3: 20 millions

Or whatever sums are appropriate.