Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Sky Italia now saying the same about Falcao to United.
Just when I was beginning to get excited it gets the kiss of death. Well, thats that one done folks. Who next?

FromTheBench

At an airport now. Is this Falcao stuff real?
There were some reports earlier in France and Spain, but now very strong reports coming out of almost every colombian Journalist with specific details.

Dunno, what is up though yet.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There were some reports earlier in France and Spain, but now very strong reports coming out of almost every colombian Journalist with specific details.

Dunno, what is up though yet.
Interseting. I'm guessing RvP's fitness was a factor here.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Vidal and falcao coming on the same day. You heard it here first.

Kazi

Can we have one of those messages on the homepage if there's some big news in the next few hours

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Falcao on loan makes sense with van Persie maybe missing a fair amount of time. Top centre froward, and should play there ahead of Rooney in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Still think the whole story is a bit of Mendez wanting generate interest in his client on deadline day.

sport2793

Falcao on loan makes sense with van Persie maybe missing a fair amount of time. Top centre froward, and should play there ahead of Rooney in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Still think the whole story is a bit of Mendez wanting generate interest in his client on deadline day.
The reports are saying that we are buying Falcao outright for 65 million euros.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Either a load of South American tabloids are looking for their last website hits of the transfer window or United/Falcao's agent are just being naughty and trying to bump the price up for City.

There is just no way we're going to spend €50+ million on a 28/33 year old striker.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Surely both Welbeck and Chicharito are off if we do sign Falcao?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The reports are saying that we are buying Falcao outright for 65 million euros.
I find that crazy. He's a top centre forward don't get me wrong, but €65m for him when you're well stocked for centre forwards.

sport2793

I find that crazy. He's a top centre forward don't get me wrong, but €65m for him when you're well stocked for centre forwards.
The theory that's keeping me sane atm is that Van Persie needs knee surgery and will therefore be out for a few months.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It's mental. I could have full well understood Chelsea or Arsenal going for him. But us doing it seems a bit weird. We must have shit loads of cash to burn.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
How good actually are our strikers?
Serious question. What chance do you give all three of them of scoring 20 goals this season, or even as many as Sturridge?

This time next year we'll be saying again "Our strikers our great", but I'm not so sure myself. Personally, I wouldn't go for Falcao at his age and price, but I can understand going for a top bracket striker.
I'd have pressed for Lewandowski instead of van Persie a few years ago. I don't really see many other options right now though. Cavani can't really beat as man, and doesn't make runs like Lewandowski or Falcao. He'd be too static to improve us.

But I'm possibly alone here in not thinking our strikers are all that great any more.

Last edited:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Either a load of South American tabloids are looking for their last website hits of the transfer window or United/Falcao's agent are just being naughty and trying to bump the price up for City.

There is just no way we're going to spend €50+ million on a 28/33 year old striker.
Never underestimate the power of the sponsor.....

Well stocked?!

As in who now?! A supposed crocked RVP. A Wayne Rooney who has the touch of a giraffe on acid these days and Danny "I can't score innit" Welbeck....Well stocked alright

Nickosaur

The theory that's keeping me sane atm is that Van Persie needs knee surgery and will therefore be out for a few months.
In which case a loan - albeit an expensive one - would make some sense. But spending that much on a 29 year old striker considering the options already at the club would be ridiculous.

MDFC Manager

Never underestimate the power of the sponsor.....

Well stocked?!

As in who now?! A supposed crocked RVP. A Wayne Rooney who has the touch of a giraffe on acid these days and Danny "I can't score innit" Welbeck....Well stocked alright
When you say it like that, it actually makes a lot of sense. Even more so if Welbeck is off!

sport2793

In which case a loan - albeit an expensive one - would make some sense. But spending that much on a 29 year old striker considering the options already at the club would be ridiculous.
It's possible that the fact that we can outright buy him is what makes us a more attractive destination than City at this point.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We need a new striker if we are shipping off Welbeck and Hernandez. I think the RVP knees rumor is true If we sign Falcao

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Van Persie's knee might be fecked, while Rooney usually picks up an injury or two and has a form slump, so I'm seeing sense in this.

Red_toad

didnt he say he needs to play more? oh well...
Real would be fecked if Benzema picked up an injury & expect Hernandez to fit into his role :lol:

Impact sub at best for Real, but swapping a bench for a bench is plain wrong, bad career move!

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Hernandez wouldn't be a starter, but he'd be higher up the pecking order there than he is here. I could see him playing quite a bit actually.
Plus it's a loan move.

Status
Not open for further replies.