Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

A bit harsh from Ducker, Herrera, and Shaw signed early, then LvG wanted assess the squad, did so then Rojo (ok not first choice), Di Maria, and Blind, not perfect but all areas of weakness strenghtend, not completely but a good start.

Plus alot of the fringe players gone, darn sight better than last summers efforts!

We're just the team to kick at the moment.
He's not really wrong though, Di Maria is great but probably everyone would of picked another central midfielder and a center back over another winger. Then again with Falcao, great player but again i think if you asked people, Falcao or a class center back + midfielder?

LVG is right, i think we all have to be patient because we won't be challenging with the shape of our squad at the moment, and i'm still worried about our ability to go for CL places.

forevrared

Good move for him - whether permanent or loan. Just about the right level he needs to be at right now.

forevrared

Ideally, yes. Though given what he showed his his one chance with Van Gaal, you wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal saw all he needed to see while Powell jogged around the pitch.

wiz4231

I'd would be pointless to sign falcao, our strikers are not the problem, the service from wide areas to the strikers is a major problem as is the midfield, Woody get your priority right and sort it out!!!

FromTheBench

Ideally, yes. Though given what he showed his his one chance with Van Gaal, you wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal saw all he needed to see while Powell jogged around the pitch.
Jeez, he is 20 and it was his first game back after 6 months. Would be kind of stupid to sell him given his talent.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I'd would be pointless to sign falcao, our strikers are not the problem, the service from wide areas to the strikers is a major problem as is the midfield, Woody get your priority right and sort it out!!!
They definitely contribute to the problem.

There's definitely a lack of clever/varied movement (Welbeck is the best of our bunch, but his movement isn't truly incredible)
They don't attack the ball enough. They slow down with the ball and aren't direct. Again Welbeck is the best at turning quickly and going forward at pace, but it's not always convincing.
None of them are all that good at beating a man, especially inside the box.

We all know that we need to pass it about with more composure all over the pitch, but the strikers don't help things either.

Last edited:

wiz4231

They definitely contribute to the problem.

There's definitely a lack of clever/varied movement (Welbeck is the best of our bunch, but his movement isn't truly incredible)
They don't attack the ball enough. They slow down with the ball and aren't direct. Again Welbeck is the best at turning quickly and going forward at pace, but it's not always convincing.
None of them are all that good at beating a man, especially inside the box.

We all know that we need to pass it about with more composure all over the pitch, but the strikers don't help things either.
The service Young and Valencia are providing is not the problem?
Same as what they provided for the strikers last year was not a problem?
A handful of assist from both our wingers (now currently Wing backs) combined last year was not the problem?
Compare the pair to Beckham and Giggs and tell me they are not the problem.
Our strikers are just fine, RVP is one of the best at converting CHANCES, is one of the best finishers I have ever seen and provides the best movement upfront out of the strikers we have.
Right now we need to change formation to 4-3-3 with RVP upfront, Mata in behind and get Di Maria on the WING.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
The service Young and Valencia are providing is not the problem?
Same as what they provided for the strikers last year was not a problem?
A handful of assist from both our wingers (now currently Wing backs) combined last year was not the problem?
Compare the pair to Beckham and Giggs and tell me they are not the problem.
Our strikers are just fine, RVP is one of the best at converting CHANCES, is one of the best finishers I have ever seen and provides the best movement upfront out of the strikers we have.
Right now we need to change formation to 4-3-3 with RVP upfront, Mata in behind and get Di Maria on the WING.
I'm not sure why you're asking me whether the service is poor. I didn't imply it wasn't poor.
I just don't agree with the consensus that our strikers are perfectly fine. They are good individually at what they do, but there are definitely ways in which they contribute to our poor ball retention, slow play, and resulting lack of chance creation.

There is absolutely space for a striker who is better than them in certain areas. At least in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.