Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebe

We're not signing Falcao lads, our name is just being used to drive up the price. We already have enough issues fitting two #9s into our lineup and are about to lose a couple promising young ones.

Dominos

Falcao walks backwards in to the side of Edin Dzeko. City are approaching this with the big club mentality which is "how can we be even better" rather than the "but if we sign him where does so and so play" that we've seemed to adopt in recent years.
This is exactly what we should've been thinking, but we haven't if anything. It's why we're now suffering from a majorly imbalanced squad (Van Gaal's words).. Tis why we've ended up with Rooney, Van Persie, 2 other strikers, Mata and Kagawa in one squad with seemingly no way of playing a team that actually works together.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
We're not signing Falcao lads, our name is just being used to drive up the price. We already have enough issues fitting two #9s into our lineup and are about to lose a couple promising young ones.
Which is why it seems possible all of a sudden, but yes still looks very unlikely right now.

hobbers

I don't mind losing Welbeck+Hernandez this window, but we can't give Welbeck to Spurs or Arsenal. Just fecking stupid.

Wilson third striker will be great.

forevrared

I don't mind losing Welbeck+Hernandez this window, but we can't give Welbeck to Spurs or Arsenal. Just fecking stupid.

Wilson third striker will be great.
Only he isn't good enough (yet) to be the main man when Van Persie inevitably gets injured for a month.

hobbers

Only he isn't good enough (yet) to be the main man when Van Persie inevitably gets injured for a month.
Neither are Hernandez or Welbeck if we're honest.

Welbeck can do a job in the sense that his qualities will make it easier for Rooney, but even at this stage Wilson is more likely to be capable of replacing RVP's goals.

I'd rather we keep Welbeck at the moment. Or loan him out to Sunderland or another mid table side. Don't really want to sell him unless it's for really good money.

Oo0AahCantona

City cant afford him unless its a loan with option to buy next year bollocks, arsenal wont spend 50m on a 28 year old striker, i reckon we would do it just to shit on city. i dont put that past us considering rvp is probably gunna be out till january with a knee op.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Cleverley Hernandez Ando and the Lawrence loan are the absolute have-to-gos during this window. I was also hoping that Young would leave and if we get another CM, then Fellaini to leave.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
City cant afford him unless its a loan with option to buy next year bollocks, arsenal wont spend 50m on a 28 year old striker, i reckon we would do it just to shit on city. i dont put that past us considering rvp is probably gunna be out till january with a knee op.
I don't think United would spend £50m just to annoy City. Hopefully we wouldn't lower ourselves to their standards.

As for the knee op, surely it would be reported on United's website first? The only two sources I can find are from Metro and The Mirror. BTW, they both completely contradict what LvG and Uniteds own website said only a day or two ago.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...scusses-Robin-van-Persie-and-Daley-Blind.aspx

ryan_forlan

Gullible
1st XI
di-maria rvp rooney
------mata-------
--blind----herrera--
shaw-rojo-jones-rafael
ddg

back-up
januzaj welbeck young
-----fellaini----------
--fletcher--carrick---
blackett-evans-smalling-valencia
amos

this squad might lack some strength in depth, but has some kind of balance. If LvG finally starts getting things right, we can reach top 4. To be honest if he does not start getting things right, no squad/signing will be enough.

then in the next season,
outs: young fellaini fletcher valencia evans
Ins: Nani(from loan), Reus(to push RVP from the starting XI), Strootman(Push Blind to the back-up), new CB(push Rojo to back up), back up right back

we can have the perfect squad
------rooney-----------
di maria--mata-----reus
---strootman--herrera--
shaw--newCB--jones--rafael

---------rvp------------
-----welbeck-----------
-januzaj------------nani-
---blind------carrick-----
rojo-blackett--smalling--new_RB

fallengt

Hmm It makes no sense at all. Even we play 4-3-3, how do you even fit 3 high profile strikers in a team? That's just too much for any team. Rooney-RvP partnership is terrible, adding 1 more striker won't solve our problems. Please tell me this isn't Fergie's idea...

YzWayne

Hmm It makes no sense at all. Even we play 4-3-3, how do you even fit 3 high profile strikers in a team? That's just too much for any team. Rooney-RvP partnership is terrible, adding 1 more striker won't solve our problems. Please tell me this isn't Fergie's idea...
Don't worry, it's definitely not Fergie's idea.

surf

Could be. Fergie liked strikers because he was one.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
50 million pounds and highest paid player in England too ?
That's the same as his friend originally posted. That would mean he would be getting more than the £300k a week Rooney is on. Firstly that is fecking obscene! Secondly, surely along with our other signings, our wage bill will now be absolutely out of hand. Thirdly, it makes no sense unless the RvP rumours are true. Even then, why wasn't the money spent on a midfielder/defender or both?

Really can't get my head around this if it's true. The fact his friend who he has on FB and Twitter said it makes it plausible and potentially credible. I should be getting really excited about a possible signing of this magnitude, like I did for Di Maria, but this is (imho) underwhelming and completely batshit :houllier:

DevilsOwn

With our injury record and both Chica+Welbeck leaving (maybe) - i am sure we could get good playing time for our strikers

slir32

Surely Falcao can't be true. Highest paid wages in the PL means he will start every game so who will be dropped? Our captain or LVG's good friend RVP? Someones on the WUM.

caid

Van Persie and Falcao up front with Rooney at 10?
... cant accuse 3-5-2 of being too defensive then i guess.
Unbalanced and a bit rubbish probably but not too defensive.

But seriously why do we keep buying 9's and 10's?
Surely this is a wind up?

Aporkalypse

This is absurd. Mendes is clearly feeding this to whoever he can to get City, RM or even Arsenal to 'beat' our offer.

Sweet Square

Sadly, the way he played at times at the WC and in his last two appearances for us, he looks like he's either in pain or he's holding back for some reason
It's not looking good but really hoping it's not something career ending because at the moment it would seem the only logical reason for getting Falcao.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
It's not looking good but really hoping it's not something career ending because at the moment it would seem the only logical reason for getting Falcao.
Maybe not career ending as he was never one to rely on his pace or strength (More positioning and his reading of openings ahead of him)
But, it could be something where he needs a while off and let's face it, do any of us really trust Wayne Rooney anymore to be our main man in terms of goals?! Do any of us really think Wilson will develop rapidly?

It could be a goer this :confused:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
An attack of Januzaj, Di maria, Mata, Rooney, Van persie and Falcao and id still fancy swansea against us at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.