Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Take it all back. Just checked him out on Youtube and he's actually amazing. Believe.

Kag

Because Wilson is 20 at the end of the year and has only made 13 appearances in professional football, ever.

If he is to develop into a consistent goalscorer then he has to be playing week in, week out, comfortable in his ability to score goals at the top level. He won't do that pissing about on the training field at Carrington.

I think people are pretending to be stupid regarding Ings. It's very clear as to why we might be interested. He's young, British, dynamic and (probably) open to acting as both cover and competition to Rooney and Van Persie. Given that he's available for next to nothing, it's a punt that could well be worth taking.

You'd think we were selling Rooney and replacing him with Ings given some of the drama you see on here.

the hea

Because Wilson is 20 at the end of the year and has only made 13 appearances in professional football, ever.

If he is to develop into a consistent goalscorer then he has to be playing week in, week out, comfortable in his ability to score goals at the top level. He won't do that pissing about on the training field at Carrington.

I think people are pretending to be stupid regarding Ings. It's very clear as to why we might be interested. He's young, British, dynamic and (probably) open to acting as both cover and competition to Rooney and Van Persie. Given that he's available for next to nothing, it's a punt that could well be worth taking.

You'd think we were selling Rooney and replacing him with Ings given some of the drama you see on here.
This. I don't unterstand what is so depressing in getting a young homegrown player almost for free to act as 3rd/4th choice striker.

Clas Sified

Ings isn't terrible by any means and would be a solid backup. If we were paying a big fee for him then I would be pissed but at his price, great signing IMO.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

This is the Twitter thread.

Rooney1987

Was I ? Maybe as a vyable squad player, but that's all.
Agreed on Ings.

Clyne however I don't get why so many are against it. He has arguably been one of the best RB in the league over past 2 seasons, young and English. I get the problem with paying more then 18mil for him and the thought of 25mil isn't great. In terms of talent he's can be quality for us.

pascell

Don't see the problem with signing Ings and Clyne tbh, they're young, English and have potential to be good signings, even if they were to be just squad players. We'll be in the CL next season and with how we've faired with injuries this season, they'd be welcome additions. I'm not ruling the signings out, considering how well Fellaini and Young have improved this season, that shoes LvG knows how to get the best out of the players.

Revan

Assumptionman
Was I ? Maybe as a viable squad player, but that's all.
Yep. Remember you saying that Ings and Strootman for this window would be great (or something like that). Probably WUMming though.

I don't agree that he would be any good even as a squad player.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yep. Remember you saying that Ings and Strootman for this window would be great (or something like that). Probably WUMming though.

I don't agree that he would be any good even as a squad player.
:nervous: Can you find the post ?

Devil may care

Ings and Clyne are only on any team with ambitions list because they are English, neither are good enough.

the hea

That's exactly the attitude Liverpool have had for decades. It's why they've had dross like Voronin, N'gog and Lambert over the years.

It's an attitude we should avoid. He's simply not good enough.
Well you could argue Fergie had the same attitude also. Players like Park, Smith and Owen were not world beaters when we got them still they all had a role to play in the squad. You can't build a squad with just £50m players you also need those backup players who are prepared to sit on the beanch waiting for their chance.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think when it comes to forwards, it's more important to have quality. Defenders you can get away with squad players and sometimes in midfield. Not a fan of it outwide or in the forward line as that's where you tend to win games. In 99 we had Ole, Teddy, Cole, Yorke so rotation sure but not at the expense of quality.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Simply put, he will never ever be good enough to start for United. We don't need squad players now, we need quality up front.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Any chance we're all underrating him and he has hidden depth and potential that our scouts have spotted?

Leg-End

Funny, because if he buys Ings everyone will rate him as an unintelligent manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.