Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

So sell a 22 year old and get two 30+ . Sounds like a good idea.
Will need a bigger rebuild in 2 years than we had in the past 4 years.

Doesn't solve our issues either. Perisic and Sanchez would still be competing for left.

Just tabloid bullshit !!!

Lukaku didn't mention any of these players, he just said he knows that a lot of good players will come in this summer but still it doesn't mean that we have to sell Martia or not.

cyberman

@Devil may care
Our players are as soft as shite. We've finished 6th and 5th over the last 2 years, that West Ham game still haunts me to this day.
Jose isn't blameless but feck me the players get some leeway from certain posters on here. This is Liverpool levels of delusion.

Devil may care

@Devil may care
Our players are as soft as shite. We've finished 6th and 5th over the last 2 years, that West Ham game still haunts me to this day.
Jose isn't blameless but feck me the players get some leeway from certain posters on here. This is Liverpool levels of delusion.
I'd judge them when they play for a manager that actually sets the team up like he believes in them, and trusts their qualities, rather than every time we play a half decent team he basically tells them they aren't good enough to win the game and play to our strengths, we must instead fear the opposition because we aren't good enough. One manager played them like robots, this one erodes their confidence with his tactics, do you really think Salah, Mane, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling are a bunch of tough as nails competitors? No, they are simply given huge confidence by their managers and it helps them take on responsibility and play without fear, our manager thrives on being fearful.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I'd judge them when they play for a manager that actually sets the team up like he believes in them, and trusts their qualities, rather than every time we play a half decent team he basically tells them they aren't good enough to win the game and play to our strengths, we must instead fear the opposition because we aren't good enough. One manager played them like robots, this one erodes their confidence with his tactics, do you really think Salah, Mane, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling are a bunch of tough as nails competitors? No, they are simply given huge confidence by their managers and it helps them take on responsibility and play without fear, our manager thrives on being fearful.
I agree but, do not agree. I think all the players you mentioned are tough as nails competitors and I think we have tough as nail competitors as well. The big difference is at other top sides the managers funnel that competitiveness to take the game to the opponent our manager using our players competitiveness to stifle the opponent.

Devil may care

I agree but, do not agree. I think all the players you mentioned are tough as nails competitors and I think we have tough as nail competitors as well. The big difference is at other top sides the managers funnel that competitiveness to take the game to the opponent our manager using our players competitiveness to stifle the opponent.
Fair enough, I get your point, we are killing our competetiveness in the attack as well, we don't press, we don't take games on, and that erodes the confidence and makes it easy to write them off as soft.

Sterling Archer

@Devil may care
How do so many people not see this?

It wasn't all that long ago that Rooney of all people complained about the quality of shite this club has continued to roll in after seeing the backs of players of the calibre of Ronaldo. Honestly I'd not even be surprised if part of Pogba's issue turns out to be the lack of give-a-shit amongst some of his colleagues. I mean, he is getting lambasted left and right for not carrying the team. But how motivating is it to become the focus of a poor result when the team around you isn't exactly doing it's fair share .

cyberman

@Devil may care
All of those names are simply better than what we have here. They also tore it up at previous clubs which shows they can adapt to different styles, at lesser clubs playing under lesser managers alongside lesser player.
Our players seemingly needs the perfect manager with the perfect tactics and even then that would elevate them to levels they've never proven they can reach.
Its ok quoting names but you don't have to be a physical beast to be tough. Our players haven't proven a thing so I struggle to see why they deserve this amount of leeway.
I made the Liverpool delusion point out of frustration but we're worse than that. Owen / Fowler / McManaman / Collymore / Barnes / Redknapp shits over what we have. Hell Torres / Gerrard / Alonso / Risse (?) Hyppia, Hamaan, Carragher even Kuyt would all be the better players in our side today.

Devil may care

@Devil may care
All of those names are simply better than what we have here. They also tore it up at previous clubs which shows they can adapt to different styles, at lesser clubs playing under lesser managers alongside lesser player.
Our players seemingly needs the perfect manager with the perfect tactics and even then that would elevate them to levels they've never proven they can reach.
Its ok quoting names but you don't have to be a physical beast to be tough. Our players haven't proven a thing so I struggle to see why they deserve this amount of leeway.
I made the Liverpool delusion point out of frustration but we're worse than that. Owen / Fowler / McManaman / Collymore / Barnes / Redknapp shits over what we have. Hell Torres / Gerrard / Alonso / Risse (?) Hyppia, Hamaan, Carragher even Kuyt would all be the better players in our side today.
Ok, so what have the current Liverpool players proven in terms of not being soft? They play great football under a manager who sets his team up to play balls to the wall attack, however they've won nothing, you can't compare them with our players as we are set up to play negative, boring, risk free coward football, Mourinho's idea of being strong is rooted in putting yourself about and getting stuck in, it's not based off having courage on the ball, he discourages that. De Bruyne and Salah were under Mourinho and it's no shock that both suddenly found out they're not "soft" removed from the retraint of playing for him, Pogba was no soft coward at Juve, he was a winner and a big cog in a championship machine.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
@Devil may care
They really do. There are far too many average United players who buckle under the pressure of playing for this club. But it's always easier to put the blame on the manager because of Mourinho's history. The fact is, we still have lots of work to do this summer transfer window to bring in top quality players for key positions, and get rid of the ones who cannot live up to the expectations required of a Manchester United player.

United_We_Stand

Mourinho is planning a summer overhaul of the squad with up to 10 departures and arrivals at OT.
United will listen to offers for Shaw, Darmian, Blind and A. Pereira, with Smalling, Herrera, Martial and Mata also facing uncertain futures.
Paul Pogba is not expected to be sold this summer, and Mourinho is keen to keep Fellaini.
Danny Rose and Shakhtar midfielder Fred are two leading targets and Mourinho continues to be interested in Willian, but accepts that signing him from Chelsea will be difficult.
Mourinho also wants to add a winger to his attacking options, while Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane also remains on his radar.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Mourinho is planning a summer overhaul of the squad with up to 10 departures and arrivals at OT.
United will listen to offers for Shaw, Darmian, Blind and A. Pereira, with Smalling, Herrera, Martial and Mata also facing uncertain futures ....
Won't you have to subside the wages of most of these if you want any takers?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A lot of these players are coming up to their contracts' end which might tempt a few bites, clubs who may have been put off by the wages might be more interested if there's a lower fee involved, for example I'd be surprised if we got anything over about £8m for Darmian, any of the potential transfer fee could be used toward his wages.

I don't think we'd have much difficulty moving on players like Shaw/Smalling, being English is seemingly a skill in itself in the PL market. Blind and Pereira aren't on much, if I'm not mistaken. Mata is probably on the highest wages along with Herrera and Martial but I'd be suprised to see Mata or Herrera go, we wouldn't be short on takers for Martial either, again though I'd be surprised to see him go.

So no, I doubt we'd have to do that, we haven't needed to in the past when moving on players.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Depends on the clubs interested. With the exception of Pereira (30k I guess) and Mata (140k), they're all mostly on 60-70k each. Everton are apparently paying Schneiderlin over £100k/week so can afford Shaw and probably Smalling too. Juventus are interested in Darmian so could afford his wages as his transfer fee won't be big. I can't see Herrera or Mata leaving so Blind would probably be the only 'problem' with the kind of club that would be interested in him.

Damien

Staff
A lot of these players are coming up to their contracts' end which might tempt a few bites, clubs who may have been put off by the wages might be more interested if there's a lower fee involved, for example I'd be surprised if we got anything over about £8m for Darmian, any of the potential transfer fee could be used toward his wages.

I don't think we'd have much difficulty moving on players like Shaw/Smalling, being English is seemingly a skill in itself in the PL market. Blind and Pereira aren't on much, if I'm not mistaken. Mata is probably on the highest wages along with Herrera and Martial but I'd be suprised to see Mata or Herrera go, we wouldn't be short on takers for Martial either, again though I'd be surprised to see him go.

So no, I doubt we'd have to do that, we haven't needed to in the past when moving on players.
Smalling's the second highest on wages from the list of players mentioned (80kish). Martial is one of the lowest on about 65k which is pretty much what all of the rest bar Pereira are on.

AltiUn

Smalling's the second highest on wages from the list of players mentioned (80kish). Martial is one of the lowest on about 65k which is pretty much what all of the rest bar Pereira are on.
Okay, cheers for that. Didn't realise Martial was on that low a wage really. For the wages and level these players are capable of playing at (when they feel like it) don't think we'd have much trouble moving any of them on really.

Damien

Staff
Okay, cheers for that. Didn't realise Martial was on that low a wage really. For the wages and level these players are capable of playing at (when they feel like it) don't think we'd have much trouble moving any of them on really.
Well we did sign him when he was 19. Despite the clauses in his contract he was never going to be on £100k+ at that age.

lysglimt

Scout
It scares me that we are still being linked to Danny Rose. Mediocre, over-priced, aging and injury-prone.

29 years old in the summer, from Spurs which will add 30% to the price, never been more than good at best and on top of Everything - one of the most injury-prone players in the Premier League. At the age of (almost) 29 - he has never reached 30 League matches in a season and just twice played more than 25 League matches.

Naturally I hope it's just tabloid-crap - but if Mourinho wants to sign Rose, he should be fire based on that alone :)

AltiUn

It scares me that we are still being linked to Danny Rose. Mediocre, over-priced, aging and injury-prone.

29 years old in the summer, from Spurs which will add 30% to the price, never been more than good at best and on top of Everything - one of the most injury-prone players in the Premier League. At the age of (almost) 29 - he has never reached 30 League matches in a season and just twice played more than 25 League matches.

Naturally I hope it's just tabloid-crap - but if Mourinho wants to sign Rose, he should be fire based on that alone :)
Might be a few things but Danny Rose isn't mediocre, he's a very good player, has a lot of what we're missing on that left flank. He attacks very well, has a pretty good cross on him too, which is the sort of player we really need at full back to help out our LW and provide some width. His biggest issue is his injury record which leaves a couple of question marks about signing him, and he could be pricey as I'm sure Levy wouldn't want to sell him to a rival.

lysglimt

Scout
Might be a few things but Danny Rose isn't mediocre, he's a very good player, has a lot of what we're missing on that left flank. He attacks very well, has a pretty good cross on him too, which is the sort of player we really need at full back to help out our LW and provide some width. His biggest issue is his injury record which leaves a couple of question marks about signing him, and he could be pricey as I'm sure Levy wouldn't want to sell him to a rival.
Ok - mediocre was a bit harsh - but he is nowhere near the level we should aim for. The guy turns 29 in the summer - and has been awful the few times he has been given a chance for Spurs this season. Is he an upgrade on Luke Shaw, in my opinion no. But if Mourinho desperately wants Shaw out - he should at least aim for something who is better

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Ok - mediocre was a bit harsh - but he is nowhere near the level we should aim for. The guy turns 29 in the summer - and has been awful the few times he has been given a chance for Spurs this season. Is he an upgrade on Luke Shaw, in my opinion no. But if Mourinho desperately wants Shaw out - he should at least aim for something who is better
He doesn't. He turns 28 in the summer and is 5 years younger than both Valencia and Young.

James Peril

Rose is a very good player, but mostly when he was making the grade at Spurs and before he belived in his own hype. Would I take him? Yeah sort of, but he wouldn’t make us a lot better would he? And like people are saying, he’s always injured - we must never sign players that are always injured. Same with Bale. Seeing him in red would be magnificent, but you know what’s going to happen between those excellent runs and goals. Pop, out for 4 months and we go with Mata again.

Nick.

Would fit much better in a double pivot with Matic than Pogba, and would be ideal as a playmaker in a midfield three with Matic and Pogba. If there was any possibility of persuading him to come to Old Trafford he would be probably the best possible option out there, he helps control the and defends well too. Too bad L'Equipe are supposed to be pretty unreliable.

SwSw

When did Jose tell the team they aren't good enough to play? You confuse risk adverse tactics with "aren't good enough".

Not playing a first station pass against a team who presses is now labeled as we aren't good enough?

Cut Jose some slack. Sure, he has made mistakes but can you honestly defend the players when we have some who couldn't even make a simple 5 yard pass? Out of curiosity, did you defend Mkhitaryan as well?

James Peril

Eriksen gone out saying he likes playing at Tottenham - and that people now view them as title contenders wheras before they struggled to merely get into the top four. Wow, got to give him praise for his delusion - or self-belief probably. Not a single soul believes Spurs are a title contender, and they are still in a battle for top four, in fact they have spent the majority of the season in fifth.

Silly me, it depends on what title he os referring to of course. Spurs have many, many titles next to the ones that actually matter. Next year they are going to win the title for having the newest-although-not-so-big-stadium, you know, the one that’s much smaller than the one they are playing at now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
in fact they have spent the majority of the season in fifth.
Matchday Positions:

1st - 0
2nd - 0
3rd - 7
4th - 5
5th - 12
6th - 2
7th - 2
8th - 0
9th -1
10th - 1

They've spent 40% of the season in 5th, 23% in 3rd, 17% in 4th. I think they'll finish on 78-80 points this year. What he probably means as a title contender is that people consider them to be up there at the end of the year. This season obviously not given that City ran away with it. But next season assuming City don't continue this seasons form then it's not a huge leap to consider them up there with City around March 2019. That would at least put them in the title race and therefore a contender.

Devil may care

When did Jose tell the team they aren't good enough to play? You confuse risk adverse tactics with "aren't good enough".

Not playing a first station pass against a team who presses is now labeled as we aren't good enough?

Cut Jose some slack. Sure, he has made mistakes but can you honestly defend the players when we have some who couldn't even make a simple 5 yard pass? Out of curiosity, did you defend Mkhitaryan as well?
When you constantly set up to not control the game, to not have possession and to not take risks you are telling your players they aren't good enough to go toe to toe with other quality teams, we never play to impose ourselves on any half decent team, instead always subjugating to them, this erodes the teams confidence over time and is especially harmful when you have a lot of younger players that are still developing. The reason Jose's best tenure was with Inter, that team was filled with grizzled, grinding warhorse's, and the two creative players he had were older and very experienced, ideal tools for him and his mentality towards football.

Sanche7

HLN which if I'm not wrong is reliable reporting that Spurs have stopped contract negotiations talks with Toby and are willing to sell for 50 mill Euros or 44 mill Pounds.

Google Translate :
TOTTENHAM PUTS RED DEVIL IN THE WINDOW
Pull out the plug. Tottenham no longer insists on a contract extension for his most highly regarded defender, Toby Alderweireld (29). Too big gap between supply and demand, too much bickering. The Spurs will soon hope for a jackpot of around 50 million euros. Exit Toby.

Link :
https://m.hln.be/sport/voetbal/buit...etaalt-50-miljoen-voor-alderweireld~a6f37f21/

Looks like a good deal to be fair.
44 million ain't bad considering we bought lindelof, a largely unknown youngster for 30 million plus.
Would happily sell one of Jones or Smalling and get thus guy in

SwSw

When you constantly set up to not control the game, to not have possession and to not take risks you are telling your players they aren't good enough to go toe to toe with other quality teams, we never play to impose ourselves on any half decent team, instead always subjugating to them, this erodes the teams confidence over time and is especially harmful when you have a lot of younger players that are still developing. The reason Jose's best tenure was with Inter, that team was filled with grizzled, grinding warhorse's, and the two creative players he had were older and very experienced, ideal tools for him and his mentality towards football.
When do we constantly/never set up not to control games? During the start of the season, when confidence was high, everyone was fit and on form, we weren't that defensive. Now that the team's form took a slump, there's nothing wrong with setting up defensively, especially for the bigger games.

You call players like Maicon, who at that time was one of the best RB and players like Sneijder, Eto, grinding warhorses?

Devil may care

When do we constantly/never set up not to control games? During the start of the season, when confidence was high, everyone was fit and on form, we weren't that defensive. Now that the team's form took a slump, there's nothing wrong with setting up defensively, especially for the bigger games.

You call players like Maicon, who at that time was one of the best RB and players like Sneijder, Eto, grinding warhorses?
We set up up against every half decent team with caution as the priority, we were smashing teams 4-0 when we played Liverpool earlier in the season, and they were going into the game with a joke of a defensive, and we opted to cede control to them and applied zero pressure to their backline, this set the tone of lack of faith and we proceeded to do this wtih any team that carries a modicum of threat, we only really go for teams that have very little firepower so Mourinho is willing to risk them getting chances. The team is in a slump due to Mourinho who has worn them down over the season with his negative approach, they aren't tired physically, when you look at Spurs, City and Liverpool their players look like they enjoy playing football, our players look like a bunch of factory workers punching a clock.

I already said Sneijder and Eto'o were his two creative players but they were creative players with vast experience so he trusted them. As for Maicon, what does him being the best RB in the game have to do with his being warhorse? He was every bit that, a big, physical working machine on that flank.

Offsideagain

If you read and believe the media, we are signing about thirty players in the summer. It’s all bollocks and speculation as usual.

Jose will give Woodward another list of three or four players, Woodward will cock it up and Jose will be compromised again.

Kapardin

If you read and believe the media, we are signing about thirty players in the summer. It’s all bollocks and speculation as usual.

Jose will give Woodward another list of three or four players, Woodward will cock it up and Jose will be compromised again.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh.:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol:

Sanche7

Pretty harsh on Woody. I think he has done well and has secured all the targets Jose wanted except for Perisic
Not to mention how well he has handled the commercial side and the upgrades in the youth team, academy and scouting departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.