Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I know having mad release clauses is a thing, not sure its needed for that lad though.
Think you have to have them in Spain if I'm not mistaken.

Just means should he leave they have something to bargain with to get the highest price possible.

mattwing79

A man called John Peters is the club photographer. Norwood just does freelance work I believe.
Exactly right. Norwood is a freelance snapper, no connection with the club at all. John Peters and his son Matthew are the official club photographers. They are contracted Getty photographers who just cover Man Utd.

Reactions: KM

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It’s relatively early the window. And Suarez wasn’t for sale. This lad seems to be trouble and frankly, if Arsenal is the most likely destination that suggests he’s not got a lot of options. Arsenal hold the cards here, if he wants the move, which it seems he does.

And to save £13 million? If I was them I’d drag it out. If he doesn’t go now then Dortmund have an unhappy player for at least another 6 months, by which time his value will have dropped anyway. He’s worth too much as an asset to let rot in the reserves for a club that size.
Save £13m and potentially drop out of top 4 (which seems likely now anyway) and risk the Europa League? That just sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face. They desperately need a replacement for the rest of the season so waiting 6 months is really no good to them. They've sold Sanchez, Ox, Walcott and Coquelin and Giroud's crocked. That's fine if they're happy to write this season off but I would guess there'd be civil war at the Emirates if that happened, especially if Ozil does a runner too at the end of the season.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Kane would be mad to go to that lot. From being highly revered by his hometown team every week to being booed after a 2-game barren run and discarded after 18 months.

RedRover

Save £13m and potentially drop out of top 4 (which seems likely now anyway) and risk the Europa League? That just sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face. They desperately need a replacement for the rest of the season so waiting 6 months is really no good to them. They've sold Sanchez, Ox, Walcott and Coquelin and Giroud's crocked. That's fine if they're happy to write this season off but I would guess there'd be civil war at the Emirates if that happened, especially if Ozil does a runner too at the end of the season.
You’re totally missing my point.

There’s 2 weeks left in the window which is an age, especially if a deal is agreed with the agent. Dortmund have an unhappy player they probably want to sell. There seems to be no other buyers. His value is dropping as the days tick by.

If Arsenal is the only concrete offer then they hold the cards. Dortmund will lose more if he stays. It makes perfect sense for Arsenal to play hard ball at this stage.

RedRover

Kane would be mad to go to that lot. From being highly revered by his hometown team every week to being booed after a 2-game barren run and discarded after 18 months.
They win Champions Leagues and are arguably the biggest club in the world. He’ll get paid mega money and win trophies. Why wouldn’t he want to go there?

Zoo

is sundaytimes and Times the same? I assume that they are reliable. Let´s see how good is that renewal offer from Tottenham
Same company but different reporters. Northcroft is the chief football reporter for the Sunday Times and reliable.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ronaldo would be good on a free but who is going to pay north of £60m for him? I suppose the club would think about it. Not only would the shirt sales and marketing be insane but even if we paid £60m we would have still made a profit on him as a player.

From a footballing perspective, he's on his way out and I'm not sure it would be a wise move.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They win Champions Leagues and are arguably the biggest club in the world. He’ll get paid mega money and win trophies. Why wouldn’t he want to go there?
They're not the biggest. They never were ( in the past 30 years ). Maybe the most glamorous and prestigious. Barcelona has a larger fanbase. United still ahead because of the existing infrastructure and the Premier League.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, unless he starts banging them in for fun again in the next 4 months, both Cris and Flo are going to be in for a rude awakening...

Whatever Flo was smoking when he decided to dole out big long contracts to players over the age of 30 or injury prone, i'm afraid it's gonna feck us for a while...

RedRover

They're not the biggest. They never were ( in the past 30 years ). Maybe the most glamorous and prestigious. Barcelona has a larger fanbase. United still ahead because of the existing infrastructure and the Premier League.
So he won’t go to Real Madrid because Barca have more fans or because United have more money coming in from their latest Tractor or noodle partner?

Genuinely one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on here.

They pay mega money, they win the biggest trophies regularly and they’re known the world over. That’s why they get almost every player they ever want.

RedRover

Ronaldo would be good on a free but who is going to pay north of £60m for him? I suppose the club would think about it. Not only would the shirt sales and marketing be insane but even if we paid £60m we would have still made a profit on him as a player.

From a footballing perspective, he's on his way out and I'm not sure it would be a wise move.
He’s a busted flush. He’ll get mega bucks in China, perhaps a decent payday in Paris if they lose Neymar to Real. Other than that, he won’t have a lot of options. Real need to move him on to rebuild and nobody is going to pay the money he gets now for a player on the turn.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not a chance now they've got Goretzka.
I agree. Even without Goretzka being signed they wouldn’t be in for him. He went through their youth system and after giving him a shot in the first team, they deemed him not good enough. From what I’ve seen he hasn‘t improved too much at Liverpool.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

What number would he take now, Nani's old one ?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
So he won’t go to Real Madrid because Barca have more fans or because United have more money coming in from their latest Tractor or noodle partner?

Genuinely one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on here.

They pay mega money, they win the biggest trophies regularly and they’re known the world over. That’s why they get almost every player they ever want.
Did I say he wasn't gonna go there? I said they aren't the biggest club in the world. Nothing about the rest.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Thank God the Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap is finally over and we get some other rumours again.

el3mel

Auba will be a good signing for Arsenal unless Wenger decide to play him on the wing.

prateik

I havent seen a lot of Auba.. Whats the deal there? 60m isnt crazy expensive in the current market and those wages dont look astronomical either.
He has been looking to move since last summer and no one came in for him...

It was the same for Lacazette. He had been in the french league for years and no one went in for him till Arsenal did.. for a similar-ish amount.. and he has been... ok. Dont think any top club would be upset at missing out of Lacazette.

el3mel

I havent seen a lot of Auba.. Whats the deal there? 60m isnt crazy expensive in the current market and those wages dont look astronomical either.
He has been looking to move since last summer and no one came in for him...

It was the same for Lacazette. He had been in the french league for years and no one went in for him till Arsenal did.. for a similar-ish amount.. and he has been... ok. Dont think any top club would be upset at missing out of Lacazette.
As far as I'm concerned, Auba shares some similarities to Salah. Very fast, always gets in good position due to his pace, wasteful in front of the goal but that doesn't mean much as he gets many chances to score each game so his goals record will always be good.

He's better than Lacazette as long as you're not depending on him in build up and holding the ball. If Wenger decides to play him on the wing to keep accommodating Lacazette as a striker he will be a waste. They probably should play 3-4-1-2 but that will leave Mikhi on the bench for them.

Anyway, I don't care much about Arsenal as their problems are far more than one signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.