Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

I still think Pogba will leave his career is stagnating and he looks as if he won't be in France's starting line up at the world cup, sure Jose might not want to sell him but he has always had an open door policy if a player asks to leave he lets them leave
That's pretty embarrassing coming from someone that's born in 1974, if your nick goes by anything. Pogba's career is not stagnating - and he will surely start for France in every game this summer if fit. You're allowed to have opinions, but writing them as facts is a bit far-fetched. As for the open door and all, it's a bit different for Pogba compared to let's say Blind, Darmian and Shaw. Pogba is a hugely political transfer, the others are not.

Judas

Open to offers
I still think Pogba will leave his career is stagnating and he looks as if he won't be in France's starting line up at the world cup, sure Jose might not want to sell him but he has always had an open door policy if a player asks to leave he lets them leave
All I see you post about is Pogba leaving. He's not going, I can't tell if you love him or hate him.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
"The Red Devils, that won the race for the midfielder ahead of Manchester City, will make the €60 million deal official after the medicals and the signatures on the contract."
So it is £53m then

United_We_Stand

Calciomercato: A deal is not yet finalised with United, but there isn’t too much distance between the parties.
Juve are offering €13m plus bonuses, taking into consideration the fact Darmian’s contract expires in 2019.

United_We_Stand

"The exact transfer fee has not yet been disclosed but it is understood to be a little bit more than the £17.5m release clause in Dalot's contract at Porto.
The clause does not become active until June 30 so United are prepared to pay up to £19m to land the Portuguese youngster before then amid competition from eight other clubs."

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Now for Alex Sandro, Bale and Alderweireld.

4312 formation.

Sanchez behind Bale and Lukaku.

Pogba, Matic and Fred behind them.

120 goals scored.

One can dream no?!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ah the old double signing. I'm liking it.

Nothing beats the Anderson-Nani day.
Glorious day, that was.

Still remember the shock that we had nabbed two hugely hyped up young talents together, followed by frantically and gleefully watching their youtube clips which looked bloody incredible. Sigh.

ROFLUTION

Darmian: +12 m gbp
Dalot: -19 m gbp
Fred: -52 m gbp

Sum: -59 m gbp.

Last season spent (including sales): 137 m gbp
Season before (including sales): 124 m gbp

That's rougly 130m gbp a year. I'd say we have around 70m gbp yet to spend - with no outs. Not enough for Bale + Alderweireld and another leftback unless we sell.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Now for Alex Sandro, Bale and Alderweireld.

4312 formation.

Sanchez behind Bale and Lukaku.

Pogba, Matic and Fred behind them.

120 goals scored.

One can dream no?!

VanGaalyTime

That's rougly 130m gbp a year. I'd say we have around 70m gbp yet to spend - with no outs. Not enough for Bale + Alderweireld and another leftback unless we sell.
Amazing that United, in their biggest spending years in the club's history, are still spending about 100m less per year than City. I would hope United can put 250m into this team this summer, but if they did I bet City would just do the same, again.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Amazing that United, in their biggest spending years in the club's history, are still spending about 100m less per year than City. I would hope United can put 250m into this team this summer, but if they did I bet City would just do the same, again.
I think we'll out spend them this summer, only because I do not expect them to do much past Mahrez and Jorginho

SecondFig

Would assume that Blind is definitely on his way out, and probably one of Smalling or Jones (if we're signing Alderweireld). Those two won't fetch a huge amount, but maybe another 25-40m between them? Plus let's assume Fellaini leaves which frees up some salary...

ROFLUTION

Would assume that Blind is definitely on his way out, and probably one of Smalling or Jones (if we're signing Alderweireld). Those two won't fetch a huge amount, but maybe another 25-40m between them? Plus let's assume Fellaini leaves which frees up some salary...
All good points.. I think Rojo will be first out the door though (~15m gbp) That might leave around 25m gbp worst case scenario, as you said.

So we might have around 94-110 m gbp to spent in the end (And we probably already spent a good amount on Sanchez this winter). My best guess is that we wont go for Bale, unless we sell Martial. There is also Lindelöf, who we might assume is last in the rankings.

United_We_Stand

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Serie A champions refuse to pay more than €12m, while the Red Devils are asking for the ‘Everest’ that is €20m.

ROFLUTION

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Serie A champions refuse to pay more than €12m, while the Red Devils are asking for the ‘Everest’ that is €20m.
What's an everest fee? A fee that, at it's peak with clauses, can reach 20m?

Micky Targaryen

Fred and Dalot look to be almost complete, both relatively young at 25 and 19 so in reality the spend so far is probably £45M and £20M respectively. Sky are the worst at over reporting transfer fees where United are concerned with Lukaku costing 90M when the deal was 75M plus bonus of 15M which may or may never happen.

What many fans fail to understand is that there are many other deals which increase our transfer budget, for example M Keane's transfer last year to Everton included a sell on clause which probably added 7.5M amortized to our budget. I have heard from a reliable source that we have have at least a 35% sell on clause with Zaha and many other deals, whether buy back options or sell on clauses with players like Januaji or Depay. Andreas Pereira loan deal was not free and again adds to the overall budget just as Zlatan and Feillani leaving the club will also free up valuable wages which can be added to the overall budget.

None of us really know what the Man United transfer budget is and probably nor do the board due to the current uncertainty with which players will leave! We all assume 150m plus player Sales but we just don't know and nor should we know or care because the squad needs 6 or 7 top players and has for the last 2 or 3 years! The club, board and Manager must simply go spend whatever it takes to put the club back in the European Elite.

So 2 down, 4 to go and I think most United Fans couldn't care less what we spend and who we get from the options below, but consider this would Jose really want Fred, Veratti and Pogba in a midfield 3 when the first two players are both 5'6........HIghly unlikely, Jose likes physically imposing players with a couple of flair players like Deco thrown in as he did with his great Chelsea team in 04 to 06.
I have included height, age and rumoured transfer fee in the most likely options which have been reported in the media.
Probably Done Deals
RWB
:
Diogo Dalot Age :19 Height: 6' 0 Transfer Fee - 20M
CDM:
Fred Age : 25 Height: 5'6 Transfer Fee - 45M

Transfer Options for other 4 positions
CB: Toby Auderweild Age : 29 Height: 6'2 Transfer Fee - 55M
CB:
Jerome Boatang Age : 29 Height: 6'4 Transfer Fee - 55M
CB:
Milan Skriniar Age : 23 Height: 6'2 Transfer Fee - 60M

LWB:
Alex Sandro Age: 26 Height: 6'0 Transfer Fee - 50M

LWB: Faouzi Ghoulam Age: 27 Height: 6'2 Transfer Fee - 40M
LWB:
Kieran Tierney

AMF:
Marco Veratti Age: 25 Height: 5'5 Transfer Fee - 70M
AMF:
Sergej Milinokovic Savic Age: 23 Height: 6'3 Transfer Fee - 90M
AMF:
Arturo Vidal Age: 31 Height: 5'11 Transfer Fee - 35M

RWS:
Gareth Bale Age: 29 Height: 6'1 Transfer Fee - 100M
RWS:
Antoine Griezmann Age: 27 Height: 5'9 Transfer Fee - 90M
RWS:
Douglas Costa Age: 27 Height: 5'7 Transfer Fee - 80M

Please consider that some of these targets may more likely be exactly what Morata was last year, a smokescreen to hide the real targets and whether we spend £200M or £350M, it doesn't really matter because the squad has needed a major overhaul for two seasons and I for one would not care who we buy from the above list and how much we spend, just as long as we sign the 6 players needed to improve the deficiencies of the team we watched last season!
Long story short: We supporters and journalists alike know feck all about our actual targets, actual prices for players, and the actual wages of the players. This is why I can never understand why some posters can always have such heavy reactions towards some rumours on Twitter.

DBT85

What's an everest fee? A fee that, at it's peak with clauses, can reach 20m?
Everest are a double glazing company who when you say no to the first price they quote, magically accept 25% less. Maybe that's what he means?

Infra-red

I don't feel like we need another centre back anyway. Think the money we would need to buy him could be used in other, more urgent areas.
I really think we need someone to play out from the back and step into midfield with the ball. Our current CBs are quite limited technically and too static, which really hurts our build up.

Infra-red

If he signs for City and suddenly he will be rated, despite many saying he wasn't good enough when we were linked to him last week.
He's great going forward, but somewhat questionable defensively. I quite like him, but there's no question his development has stalled in recent years.

Marcelinho87

I really think we need someone to play out from the back and step into midfield with the ball. Our current CBs are quite limited technically and too static, which really hurts our build up.
I think Lindelof has that in his locker definitely but for one reason or another it hasn't happened.

He does carry the ball well for Sweden and I am still confident he will be good here.

Infra-red

I think Lindelof has that in his locker definitely but for one reason or another it hasn't happened.

He does carry the ball well for Sweden and I am still confident he will be good here.
Yes I think that's exactly what he was brought in to do. I haven't written him off yet, but I'd happily swap Jones/Rojo for someone with proven ability in this regard.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Without wanting to divert the thread, I personally do not see anything in Lindelof to make me think he will make it here. He hasn't impressed me at all.

Anyway, I'm not a football manager so what do I know? I trust Jose knows what he is doing.

I think we need to sign a better centre back this summer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's great going forward, but somewhat questionable defensively. I quite like him, but there's no question his development has stalled in recent years.
Italy did well for him in that regard, improved quite a bit this season

Status
Not open for further replies.