Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

If he signs for City and suddenly he will be rated, despite many saying he wasn't good enough when we were linked to him last week.
So you’re saying the general football fan is irrational and not necessarily the most intelligent person around? Groundbreaking stuff you’ve discovered here mate

MadMike

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Serie A champions refuse to pay more than €12m, while the Red Devils are asking for the ‘Everest’ that is €20m.
Everest being the tallest mountain, their analogy is what? That the €20m for Darmian is the highest fee? Or at least very high?

Are Juventus/Italian press living in the 90s or something? That's pocket money for an International player at his prime these days.

Pavl3n

These are all solid players. It is reassuring the club targets high profiles.
I'm looking forward to seeing Fred - really hope he links well with Matic and Pogba.

Would assume that Blind is definitely on his way out, and probably one of Smalling or Jones (if we're signing Alderweireld). Those two won't fetch a huge amount, but maybe another 25-40m between them? Plus let's assume Fellaini leaves which frees up some salary...
In this market I think they could get better fees. I'd say Blind, Jones and Smalling could command £20, £25 and £30 respectively.
From -£59 we could be looking at +£16 and another £150 available. If we go by the assumption The club has a budget of around £150 + whatever we sell.

All good points.. I think Rojo will be first out the door though (~15m gbp) That might leave around 25m gbp worst case scenario, as you said.

So we might have around 94-110 m gbp to spent in the end (And we probably already spent a good amount on Sanchez this winter). My best guess is that we wont go for Bale, unless we sell Martial. There is also Lindelöf, who we might assume is last in the rankings.
I think Rojo might stay. Only reason, in my opinion, not to participate for most parts of the season, was his injury. I think he'll be able to restart well for the future season and will hit again top form, like he did during Jose's first season.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Not sure how reliable but Fellaini reps have a meeting with Arsenal.

Woziak

Long story short: We supporters and journalists alike know feck all about our actual targets, actual prices for players, and the actual wages of the players. This is why I can never understand why some posters can always have such heavy reactions towards some rumours on Twitter.
My point exactly!

MUFC OK

So you’re saying the general football fan is irrational and not necessarily the most intelligent person around? Groundbreaking stuff you’ve discovered here mate
That's well established, more pointing out the trend amongst our own fans of thinking everything City touches turns to gold and United.. well, the opposite.

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
I know is laughable after all the thing with Arsenal fans and so, but Fellaini is a perfect player for an Emery team. Emery has always relied on a player like him, in his Sevilla that role was played by Iborra, similar kind of player. Just as Plan B for the last 30-40 minutes of a match, or full tough physical matches. I mean, it wouldn't be the most important part of the team, but it really fits Emery's football / roles.

Josep Dowling

1) PSG would never sell Verratti, look what happened when Barcelona tried to buy him last season.

2) With Fred already in I cannot see how we would buy another CM likely costing £80-£120m. We need to strengthen in so many other positions.

gulli_G

1) PSG would never sell Verratti, look what happened when Barcelona tried to buy him last season.

2) With Fred already in I cannot see how we would buy another CM likely costing £80-£120m. We need to strengthen in so many other positions.

FFP, we could help fund Mbappe.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
To be honest, I don't want Fellaini going to another Premier League team. He is a bastard to play against.

Saying that, if he does go to Arsenal, at least it will piss off all of my Arsenal supporting friends, which is great.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Cant find the tweet but that Paris Twitter account that is supposedly reliable for PSG news, replied to someone, saying; Verratti is not a priority for Jose.

Of course, they did get Aurier transfer horribly wrong - last year - so there's that.

Infra-red

Cant find the tweet but that Paris Twitter account that is supposedly reliable for PSG news, replied to someone, saying; Verratti is not a priority for Jose.

Of course, they did get Aurier transfer horribly wrong - last year - so there's that.
Who are they? Don't seem to be affiliated with a major newspaper/broadcaster, just a terrible website and a Twitter account. It's most likely a couple of teenagers getting bored in the school holidays.

RedDevilRoshi

Cant wait for that cnut DT's reaction :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was just going to post something very similar. He will be screaming for Emery Out before Unai has even had a game to manage them. Would love this to happen!

Also Ty’s reaction would be funny. He’ll claim Fellaini is the best midfielder in the league if he signed for them.

Please, please happen!

Paxi

Who are they? Don't seem to be affiliated with a major newspaper/broadcaster, just a terrible website and a Twitter account. It's most likely a couple of teenagers getting bored in the school holidays.
I seem to remember them being reliable before Aurier. I've no idea about their affiliations to any of the media outlets.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I seem to remember them being reliable before Aurier. I've no idea about their affiliations to any of the media outlets.
What was it they said about Aurier?

diarm

Lets give Fellaini that new contract, and then swap him with Arsenal for Maitland-Niles!

I know it seems like a poor move for them but feck it, it worked for Mkhitaryan.

Paxi

What to Neuer? I know he was injured but I was always under the impression that he'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.