Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

Well Griezmann counts as a striker, no?
He said we were looking at Arnautovic
Sandro is not the only LB. We simply don't know.
However, I cannot believe Mourinho would disregard a position we are already weak in, to sign a back up. It's not like we don't have money to do both.
Delany is a bullshitter. How much are we going to spend on a back up striker?
I only mentioned Sandro as he seems to be the one everyone is upset about us not signing. Sort of like Fabinho last season . No one seems to want to believe Delaney because well its him. With that said the ITK that everyone mostly trusts has basically said we are in for a back up striker and have 2 names. This is the same ITK that called the Fred and dalot transfers. Are we still going to buy a new left back maybe, maybe not. But I don't think it's as important as everyone thinks. When Lukaku is out we are fecked. So I can see why we would want one

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I only mentioned Sandro as he seems to be the one everyone is upset about us not signing. Sort of like Fabinho last season . No one seems to want to believe Delaney because well its him. With that said the ITK that everyone mostly trusts has basically said we are in for a back up striker and have 2 names. This is the same ITK that called the Fred and dalot transfers. Are we still going to buy a new left back maybe, maybe not. But I don't think it's as important as everyone thinks. When Lukaku is out we are fecked. So I can see why we would want one
I think they are both pretty necessary. The full back positions have been diabolical for some time now, affecting quite significantly our overall style of play and lack of quickness in transition. If Romelu were to get injured, you're right, we'd be fecked. Hence, Jose will need to pressure the board to fix what are glaring issues.

Stretch

touch and go for that price. Are there not other, younger (I know, I know) also better defenders out there for that price?
We already have Bailly and Lindelof as younger CBs who can grow with the team. What we need is a leader CB, the finished product (in the EPL at that) and Toby ticks all of the boxes. Who else is available that would be our leader defensively? I'm sorry but Smalling as our leading CB doesn't sit well with me and I think JM might feel the same

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
These Italian clubs are on a massive bluff for some reason. They link themselves to players well out if their price range almost as if there trying to stay relevant.

Inter need to sell players they’re fecking broke yet they’ve been linked with Malcom and Dembele in recent days. Juve are nearly as bad they like putting their name to big players we all know they can’t afford.
Come on, you either do not care about monies as a club because you are mega rich or you smarten up and learn the negotiating trade. PL clubs are globally seen as stashed & stupid, which makes for incredible sums squandered on average players domestically and abroad. Think of a poker table, you can easily identify the fool or the fool is you.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

It's not important if we are unserious about challenging.

EyeInTheSky

We already have Bailly and Lindelof as younger CBs who can grow with the team. What we need is a leader CB, the finished product (in the EPL at that) and Toby ticks all of the boxes. Who else is available that would be our leader defensively? I'm sorry but Smalling as our leading CB doesn't sit well with me and I think JM might feel the same
Your not the only one. Squad player at best for United and where we want to go.

Fridge chutney

Come on, you either do not care about monies as a club because you are mega rich or you smarten up and learn the negotiating trade. PL clubs are globally seen as stashed & stupid, which makes for incredible sums squandered on average players domestically and abroad. Think of a poker table, you can easily identify the fool or the fool is you.
:lol: what nonsense

El-Manos

So... Alderweireld & Arnautovic/Mandzukic and call it a day for this summer is probably the plan, according to The Indy. I definitely think that would leave us lacking in quality on the flanks (both fullbacks and wingers). I suppose it does fit with Mourinho's declaration that he hopes Young plays 50 games next season.
That would be pretty shite.

El-Manos

Who is this ITK you speak of?

Ban

So... Alderweireld & Arnautovic/Mandzukic and call it a day for this summer is probably the plan, according to The Indy. I definitely think that would leave us lacking in quality on the flanks (both fullbacks and wingers). I suppose it does fit with Mourinho's declaration that he hopes Young plays 50 games next season.
Well if you can't trust the Indy who can you trust?

El-Manos

Its according to the Indy not Mourinho
There are still many issues to sort out in this team but a left back and RW should really be prioritised. Failing to strengthen those positions would be a major feck up this transfer window.

VanGaalyTime

We should have the money for a back-up striker and a first team left back. We're trying to compete with a team that spent 300m last year and 240 the year before that. There's no way we can compete on a budget of just 150m if we want to challenge for the league and champions league.

Dong Fangzhuo

I don't believe for a second we're prioritizing a CB and backup striker over a LB and RW. If we are then Mourinho and Woody need their heads checked.

Zoo

Miguel is a chancer. I’d take Indykaila more seriously.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: what nonsense
Nah, was pretty accurate actually. The rest of the world looks at PL clubs in the transfer market and laughs. Mostly it's the the West Ham, Stoke and co., but United themselves have been cause for quite a few chuckles in the post Fergie pre Mou interregnum. City too

El-Manos

I don't hope its rubbish. We desperately need to score more goals and not just a few more - like about 20-30 more.
If there is nobody attacking from the right wing, a back up striker won’t be making much difference. We should prioritise getting a LB and RW first, then address ball playing CB, back up striker and perhaps another midfielder providing Fellaini is packing his suitcase. Like you said yourself, somebody in the mould of D. Costa would be a fantastic signing.

Ideally we get Sandro & RW in, then start focusing on getting somebody like Mandzukic.

Fridge chutney

Nah, was pretty accurate actually. The rest of the world looks at PL clubs in the transfer market and laughs. Mostly it's the the West Ham, Stoke and co., but United themselves have been cause for quite a few chuckles in the post Fergie pre Mou interregnum. City too
Lots of international clubs chuck spurious amounts of money around. United have been bad at it but less so recently. 140 million for Coutinho? 200 for Neymar? Jesus wept.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid getting another top class Brazilian prospect. Goddamn it.
We just spent €90m on two teens with like 5 professional appereances between them just to keep them away from barcelona. If neither kid comes good....

Brazilian clubs are looking at Flo like "yo, barcelona want this kid, give us 40 million". And he's paying them...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lots of clubs chuck spurious amounts of money around. United have been bad at it but less so recently.
Agreed. PL clubs have more so they chuck away more, and a lot of it on dross. Top 6 got smarter and better last couple years and maybe the rest of the league is starting to get smarter too now

Fridge chutney

Lots of international clubs chuck spurious amounts of money around. United have been bad at it but less so recently. 140 million for Coutinho? 200 for Neymar? Jesus wept.
And furthermore clubs walk away now more than ever. United walked away from Perisic and if reports are to be believed also SMS. We will walk away from Toby A if price is too high. Even unlimited money City has shown recently that they can't be mugged off, walking away from deals that are taking the piss or where they deem price is too high. But they are so good that they have that luxury, whereas they didn't when they were establishing themselves.

redom

We just spent €90m on two teens with like 5 professional appereances between them just to keep them away from barcelona. If neither kid comes good....

Brazilian clubs are looking at Flo like "yo, barcelona want this kid, give us 40 million". And he's paying them...
How's the other guy coming along? It's interesting that you're spending so much on another prospect when everyone expected you to be spending big on other areas of the team this summer, I suppose you expect to make a lot back from sales though.

Fridge chutney

Agreed. PL clubs have more so they chuck away more, and a lot of it on dross. Top 6 got smarter and better last couple years and maybe the rest of the league is starting to get smarter too now
Yep fair. I expanded upon that in my following point.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo are both doing well this season. If one comes good an becomes a Neymar type high profile player then it's worth it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo are both doing well this season. If one comes good an becomes a Neymar type high profile player then it's worth it.
It's a very big IF

Status
Not open for further replies.