g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

222m euros for a player who cannot stay fit, yes I would take Willian instead, even at £80m I wouldn't take Bale.
Seriously we paid £75m for Lukaku and £90m for Pogba. Bale is easily in the top 10 best players in the world. £80m is probably his value even with his injury record.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't believe that we address the glaring full back problem by signing one teenager from Portugal as understudy to Valencia. Surely this is BS.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Strong possibility we will actually go into next season with Valencia and Young still as our fullbacks.
Then I don't want to hear anyone defend Mourinho about players not being good enough.
Thank God Delany is a fraud.

Bojan11

If Mourinho goes into the season with Valencia and Young then he deserves to be sacked especially signing someone like Arnautovic rather than a left back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That’s absolute nonsense for a number of reasons.

Firstly, we don’t work in a “do we sign a striker or a left back” kind of way.
Secondly, Mourinho has said he’s happy with his forwards.
Thirdly, he’s clearly not happy with Shaw and is looking to replace him.
Fourthly, Lukaku is his main man and will play when fit, come rain or shine. That’s how Mourinho manages his main striker.
Fifthly, we are clearly moving on Darmian, Blind and probably Shaw too. We’re not going to have a 33 year old as our only choice.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hhmm while the links mention names specifically could it be that they're wrong and its maybe more a case of LB or RW (i.e. Willian or Bale)?

Not sure which of those positions I would prioritise tbh

Adisa

Di Marzio has also said we were looking at strikers and has said there's nothing in the Sandro rumours so far.
Sandro is not the only LB. We simply don't know.
However, I cannot believe Mourinho would disregard a position we are already weak in, to sign a back up. It's not like we don't have money to do both.
Delany is a bullshitter. How much are we going to spend on a back up striker?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A back up centre forward is more important than a left back in reality.

Rashford doesn’t look anywhere near capable at the moment to fill in for Lukaku at CF, and providing Jose gets over his irrational dislike for Shaw, we aren’t nearly as bad at LB as many like to make out I think.

If it came down to Shaw having to play 15 straight games at LB or Rashford having to play 15 straight games at CF - I know exactly which scenario I’d prefer.

I think there’s still a player in Shaw, and wouldn’t object if he were to be first choice. The main reason we want a LB so badly is because it seems Jose refuses to play Shaw. If that wasn’t the case, situation wouldn’t be as dire.

EyeInTheSky

Rashford doesn’t look anywhere near capable at the moment to fill in for Lukaku at CF, and providing Jose gets over his irrational dislike for Shaw, we aren’t nearly as bad at LB as many like to make out I think.

If it came down to Shaw having to play 15 straight games at LB or Rashford having to play 15 straight games at CF - I know exactly which scenario I’d prefer.

I think there’s still a player in Shaw, and wouldn’t object if he were to be first choice. The main reason we want a LB so badly is because it seems Jose refuses to play Shaw. If that wasn’t the case, situation wouldn’t be as dire.
I don't agree about the shaw part and would add that we are perfectly capable of doing signing both a LB and a backup striker.

cyberman

Delaney waits and analyses rumours and articles from actual journalists then fabricates his own stories from them.
Linked with Griezmann and Bale? Aunatovic? Sandro stories go dry?
There you go.
The funny thing is, he piggybacked Castles a few months ago saying Sandro was a priority for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Anthony Martial does exist.

I’d rather have Rashford start 15 games due to injury than Ashley Young default our starting left back.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Seriously we paid £75m for Lukaku and £90m for Pogba. Bale is easily in the top 10 best players in the world. £80m is probably his value even with his injury record.
I don't care what we paid for them, £80m for a player who can't even play half a season is stupid.

Adisa

Shaw is never going to be first choice. People need to accept it.
The person ahead of him is also not good enough.
The only way this is a serious suggestion is if we aren't serious about winning the league. In that case, I don't know why I bother. I'm going to be seriously peeved if Young and Tony our our first choice fullbacks. Tony I can accept cause the new guy is a rookie.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

It really isn't, Shaw is done at United as Jose is manager and LB is probably our weakest position.

We also have Rashford and Martial who can play CF. Yes it would be nice to get some who can be a better target, but not more important than getting quality in the fullback positions, not just for the defence but to provide real width, since none of our attacking LW players actually provide width

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It really isn't, Shaw is done at United and LB is probably our weakest position.
People continuously replying with this should realise the hypothetical scenario Delaney described would not exist then, and we are talking for no reason. I am responding to an article saying Jose won’t sign a LB and instead play Young and Shaw. There is no point saying he won’t play Shaw, as if that were the case, he would then sign a LB because he will not be relying on Young and Shaw.

I am not keen on Young as first choice, but have less problem with Shaw playing. In the scenario Delaney described, that is certainly a possibility, as Shaw would be one of JMs two LBs in the squad. If his view was that Shaw still has a role, then I’d put a striker above getting a LB. all ifs, but either I’m right, or we buy a LB and sell Shaw, which I am fine with regardless.

Infra-red

So... Alderweireld & Arnautovic/Mandzukic and call it a day for this summer is probably the plan, according to The Indy. I definitely think that would leave us lacking in quality on the flanks (both fullbacks and wingers). I suppose it does fit with Mourinho's declaration that he hopes Young plays 50 games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.