Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A back up centre forward is more important than a left back in reality.

Rashford doesn’t look anywhere near capable at the moment to fill in for Lukaku at CF, and providing Jose gets over his irrational dislike for Shaw, we aren’t nearly as bad at LB as many like to make out I think.

If it came down to Shaw having to play 15 straight games at LB or Rashford having to play 15 straight games at CF - I know exactly which scenario I’d prefer.

I think there’s still a player in Shaw, and wouldn’t object if he were to be first choice. The main reason we want a LB so badly is because it seems Jose refuses to play Shaw. If that wasn’t the case, situation wouldn’t be as dire.
I agree

Our left side worked well last season with Young, and occasionally Shaw. We also have Dalot who can play left back. We lacked quality and balance on the right wing. Desperately need a right-winger.

L1nk

If he genuinely is looking at a new striker he should look at Timo Werner but Werner is better than a backup

Flytan

I agree we need a second striker but hardly more than we need fullbacks or a RW. Fullbacks and RW have spots in the starting 11 that have been gaping holes in our team for the whole year.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
If he genuinely is looking at a new striker he should look at Timo Werner but Werner is better than a backup
Leipzig have categorically ruled out any chance for Werner to move clubs this summer. A WC can bring a lot of dynamics into this, but even IF they would somehow agree to sell him, then he will mostly likely cost north of 100m€.

Yeah right, a BU for United...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I agree

Our left side worked well last season with Young, and occasionally Shaw. We also have Dalot who can play left back. We lacked quality and balance on the right wing. Desperately need a right-winger.
Realistically, I’d have little problem with Shaw getting a proper go. If he’s still here, I imagine that will happen in pre-season with Young in Russia. I think Shaw ‘best left-back in the league’ did well enough on occasion when given a chance last season, and there’s obviously greater upside in investing games in him over Young. That said, doubt the boss sees it that way, but a September hamstring injury to Young is all it takes in football, so as long as Shaw is second choice he’s a step away from a proper chance .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I agree we need a second striker but hardly more than we need fullbacks or a RW. Fullbacks and RW have spots in the starting 11 that have been gaping holes in our team for the whole year.
Since Fergie left

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid getting another top class Brazilian prospect. Goddamn it.
with the Brazilians sometimes it is a lottery but seems a great signing. The second goal of the last hat trick is really good and this summer we will finally meet Vinicius

GM K

Madrid price Bale: 222m€
Until we sell them De Gea, forget about Real ever doing fair business with us. Why is this so hard to understand? That club's ego is the fattest in world football.

GM K

222m euros for a player who cannot stay fit, yes I would take Willian instead, even at £80m I wouldn't take Bale.
Correct. That stunning bicycle kick against Liverpool has made many people forget too quickly, his alarming injury record and his lack of enthusiasm in joining United. It will be a mistake paying so much for him.

GM K

First of all, I’d be absolutely amazed if that €222m figure is accurate, it’s Madrid PR and it’s most likely nonsense. If that is indeed the figure then there’s no way the club would pay it anyway so I’m not sure why that’s even a concern.

If you could get Bale for under £90m it’s an absolute no brainier. He’s been fit all season, just not selected and I’m pretty confident he’d be fit enough to justify his price tag. He’s a match winner, Willian is not.
He has been fit all season because he has hardly been selected.

GM K

Can this be true?

We badly need a new left back unless he has decided to give Shaw a chance? or he wants to bring in Mitchell into the first team?

Whatever the case, I think we badly need a top class left back.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Until we sell them De Gea, forget about Real ever doing fair business with us. Why is this so hard to understand? That club's ego is the fattest in world football.
It seems that the interest in De Gea is still there but Bale's price is a bit excesive,although the source is good.

settembrini

I'd love to dismiss Delaney's story as his usual bollocks but I can't forget Mourinho talking about Young playing 50 games next season.

NinjaFletch

I'd love to dismiss Delaney's story as his usual bollocks but those comments from Mourinho about Young playing 50 games next season were worrying.
Ah feck, I had missed that. So looking like we're going in to the season with Valencia and Young as first choice at full back again. fecking kill me.

careca07

I seriously hope it isn't true, because if we don't sign another attacking player (and I don't mean a back up striker) we will not challenge for the league, simple as that. We won't score enough goals.

GM K

So what are you waiting for then? :D do it!
In fairness, the last injury prone super star Bayern got from Madrid, massively paid off. Robben may have spent a lot of time on the injury table but he has won loads of trophies with Bayern.

EyeInTheSky

I actually remember reading that in he German media last summer. There definitely is an attitude abroad that English teams have money and are prepared to pay more, sometimes more than the player is worth
That's utter rubbish. I suppose next you're going to tell us that it was not worth paying well over the release clause to sign Fellaini??

AndyJ1985

"we need to compete with City"

"lets play Mitchell at LB!"
Some people on here live in a fantasy world. They want us to win trophies but expect to do it by throwing academy players in the first team.

Hest

I'd love to see Mitchell get an opportunity at LB tbf :drool:
He aint even good enough for the PL...

We definitely need to look at upgrading LB and sell at least Blind if not even Shaw. That could sum up to a lump of cash spent on improving LB and use Young as cover.

ArjenIsM3

Can this be true?

We badly need a new left back unless he has decided to give Shaw a chance? or he wants to bring in Mitchell into the first team?

Whatever the case, I think we badly need a top class left back.
To be honest I think it makes sense not to buy a left-back. Although Mourinho obviously prefered Young over Shaw last season I still think Shaw can be the future for us. When played he was at least as good as Young IMHO. So why should we despair now? Let's just hope Young doesn't perform so that Shaw gets played instead. If Shaw is not up to it then we can always play Dalot there. It's not like we couldn't use the money to strengthen other positions instead. I'd much rather we buy a RW, CM or even a back-up to Lukaku instead. RW is a far bigger issue than LB. And no, Rashford, Martial and Sanchez don't have what it takes to lead the line for us. We would definitely benefit from being able to give Lukaku some rest every now and then. He's played an insane amount of minutes last season. Same goes for Matic. We lack depth in those areas more than we do at LB.

Edit: meant to quote

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Come on, you either do not care about monies as a club because you are mega rich or you smarten up and learn the negotiating trade. PL clubs are globally seen as stashed & stupid, which makes for incredible sums squandered on average players domestically and abroad. Think of a poker table, you can easily identify the fool or the fool is you.
That's a bit rich coming from a Juve fan though.

Of the 110 mil you got for Pogba (paid over two installments), 94 mil was paid over to Napoli for Higuain...who you didn't need to win the league...and because of his bottling tendencies wouldn't help you win the UCL either. Now you are already thinking of getting rid.

It's not just EPL clubs wasting money. It's just the nature of today's market.

AndyJ1985

To be honest I think it makes sense not to buy a left-back. Although Mourinho obviously prefered Young over Shaw last season I still think Shaw can be the future for us. When played he was at least as good as Young IMHO. So why should we despair now? Let's just hope Young doesn't perform so that Shaw gets played instead. If Shaw is not up to it then we can always play Dalot there. It's not like we couldn't use the money to strengthen other positions instead. I'd much rather we buy a RW, CM or even a back-up to Lukaku instead. RW is a far bigger issue than LB. And no, Rashford, Martial and Sanchez don't have what it takes to lead the line for us. We would definitely benefit from being able to give Lukaku some rest every now and then. He's played an insane amount of minutes last season. Same goes for Matic. We lack depth in those areas more than we do at LB.
Yep and next summer you'll be saying the same, just as people will still be saying "If Jones can stay fit..."

Time to get real. Shaw has no future here. Stop burying your heads in the head and accept reality.

Utdstar01

He aint even good enough for the PL...

We definitely need to look at upgrading LB and sell at least Blind if not even Shaw. That could sum up to a lump of cash spent on improving LB and use Young as cover.
Never said he'd be first choice. He potentially has a lot more in his locker talent-wise than Young does. Just needs to work on the defensive side to his game which Mourinho would be perfect for.

Only need to look at the games he played for Hearts last season and he was their best player by far which is impressive considering he'd played one professional game in his career before that. Injuries aside, he was considered as big a talent as Rashford in the academy.

yo@Kirk

Is Demetri Mitchell even an option at LB. Transfermarkt shows him with a contract until 2018 and there is no talk of a new contract that I can find. Maybe there's a club option for an additional year but there isn't any chatter about that.

Dalot could play LB but why count on a 19 year old RB playing out of position in his 1st season on the big stage? Just doesn't make sense to not sign an experienced, starting quality, left footed LB.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ah feck, I had missed that. So looking like we're going in to the season with Valencia and Young as first choice at full back again. fecking kill me.
Take what Jose says with a pinch of salt. Was only in January he said there are few better leftbacks than Shaw, then dumped him to the bench.

Utdstar01

Is Demetri Mitchell even an option at LB. Transfermarkt shows him with a contract until 2018 and there is no talk of a new contract that I can find. Maybe there's a club option for an additional year but there isn't any chatter about that.

Dalot could play LB but why count on a 19 year old RB playing out of position in his 1st season on the big stage? Just doesn't make sense to not sign an experienced, starting quality, left footed LB.
I don't think it's likely which is a shame because I think he's got huge potential. I know he got injured towards the end of the season so his time could be up.

I wouldn't begrudge him going and getting regular football but it'd be a shame to see him go.

United_We_Stand

Gazzetta dello Sport claim that Darmian is only interested in signing for Juventus and ‘will not accept another offer’, having ‘given his word’.
If we are to believe everything that’s out there, the situation stands as is: Napoli have offered €18m, while the Serie A champions have only offered €15m.
Manchester United are demanding around €20m

Status
Not open for further replies.