Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

I rate him as one of the few CBs we could buy and improve us, 105m is a bit much though. But if VVD is worth 75m this guy surely could cost as much.
I think we could buy a hell of a lot of centre backs to improve us in terms of what we currently have. DO totally agree in terms of him being on a shortlist of very few centre backs we should really be going for which is a top tier quality centre back

jesperjaap

Fellaini knows we have a budget and it will cost a minimum of 50m to replace him.Its either he gets his contract or he leaves.
if mourinho will be guaranteed extra money to spend,he won't be asking for him to stay.
Our budget is most likely around 150m before sales,and our Deadwood won't really fetch much unless we want to sell martial also,and we have a lot of position to fill.
If Herrera stays along with Pogba, Matic, McTominay adding the one big signing SMS/Fred or whoever it may be and Perreira back from loan it isnt a neccesity. Also think we could spend nearer half that fee on a really good promising youngster like Ascacibar that would offer more from the bench than the plan b we have so often seen with all of the managers with Fellaini.

peridigm

What about RW, CB, LB? Mourinho said if Fellaini goes we will sign 2 CM’s.
Not sure I follow your question or reasoning. We're most likely going to sign 3-4 players. LB, RB, CB, and MF being the most likely targets. So what if it cost 50m to replace Fellaini. We're going to buy for those other positions regardless of whether he stays or goes. We're linked to Fred and Savic, both of which are MFs. We could sign both or neither if Fellaini stays. Which would you prefer?

haram

Not sure I follow your question or reasoning. We're most likely going to sign 3-4 players. LB, RB, CB, and MF being the most likely targets. So what if it cost 50m to replace Fellaini. We're going to buy for those other positions regardless of whether he stays or goes. We're linked to Fred and Savic, both of which are MFs. We could sign both or neither if Fellaini stays. Which would you prefer?
If we have a budget of 150 million like we have the last two summers, we may have a problem replacing Fellaini is my point...

ZenMaster Coltrane

Neymar is such an unlikeable dweeb. Absolutely the most self-entitled player I've come across in a long while.
The best way to understand Neymar is simply through the pursuit of the Ballon d'Or. He obviously wants top tier compensation but the drive is simply to win the Ballon d'Or. Winning a WC, a CL, plus a league title is simply a means to an end.

Kwakazaka Hina

what we need is a secondary playmaker alongside Matic who is comfortable in possession and help us with speed of our transition.
That makes me remind of Fred, a good dribbler with passing skills and a proper Brazilian technique

While Mourinho always mentioned he needs a Carrick replacement, do you think Savic is that player?
I am old enough to remember that when Carrick was signed by SAF he was playing much up field like Savic and was later deployed more deeply as a supplement of Scholes.
He may have footprints to follow if he joins United.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The best way to understand Neymar is simply through the pursuit of the Ballon d'Or. He obviously wants top tier compensation but the drive is simply to win the Ballon d'Or. Winning a WC, a CL, plus a league title is simply a means to an end.
Don’t believe that for a second if he had any aspirations then why go to France in the first place? Money talks end off.

Kostov

I think we could buy a hell of a lot of centre backs to improve us in terms of what we currently have. DO totally agree in terms of him being on a shortlist of very few centre backs we should really be going for which is a top tier quality centre back
There are lots of good young CBs in the game right now, some of which I think have world class potential (De Ligt, Upamecano), but I don't think the managers is after than kind of player. I also rate some of our own CBs also, Bailly obviously, but Smalling and Jones are very capable defenders (the latter when fit of course). In ideal scenario I would sell Rojo or even Jones and buy a proven top class defender like Koulibaly.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There are lots of good young CBs in the game right now, some of which I think have world class potential (De Ligt, Upamecano), but I don't think the managers is after than kind of player. I also rate some of our own CBs also, Bailly obviously, but Smalling and Jones are very capable defenders (the latter when fit of course). In ideal scenario I would sell Rojo or even Jones and buy a proven top class defender like Koulibaly.
Koulibaly will cost an arm and two legs buddy. Not sure we have the budget given the holes in our 11.

Kostov

Koulibaly will cost an arm and two legs buddy. Not sure we have the budget given the holes in our 11.
I know he will cost a fortune, but as I said I rate him as one of the few that would genuinely improve our defense. Ideally if we could ship some of the CBs we have (Rojo and Jones) let's say each for 20m, we would have no problem with the budget I think.

jesperjaap

I agree, him or Jiminez would be probably my favourites out of the bigger names. I think if we were to offset deadwood against some of these fees we could improve the side though and spend very little, just as examples:

Shaw - Henrichs/Sessegnon
Rojo/Smalling/Blind - Nunez/Khoubaily/Jiminez
Darmian - Sdijbe/Wan Bissaka
Martial - SMS/Fred/Guimaraes
Herrera - Ascacibar

Could be simililar with front players too. I think it depends how many really the managers is happy to leave or wants too. Think we will see pretty much the usual 4 in and similar out. Personally I think centre back is the position he needs to show the biggest balls as including our youngsters on loan we have a hell of a lot of centre backs and for various reasons none of them have particularly shone and some been here a while. If fe has confidence in the likes of TFM and Tuanzabe as 4/5th choice defenders with a big new signing and keeping Bailly that would mean only keeping one of Blind/Smalling/Jones/Rojo/Lindelof....though I expect more likely we will see only Blind sold, the youngsters out on loan again and one centre back in around the £40/50m mark such as Adeweirald (never spell it to lazy to google)

GM K

I will jump at Bonucci if he is available. The reason behind that is I think we have at least two centre backs that can develop into world class level in years to come: Bailly and Lindelof. I see the potential in those two lads despite their stuttering displays at times. If they can stay fit and learn, they can really improve a lot. One of the things about football is that on-pitch organisation and leadership matter a lot and very experienced defenders with leadership abilities often bring that into teams. Bonucci can offer that. He can mentor, organise and teach the defence and midfield how to think on the pitch. People go on and on about young players and I understand the appeal but for me, it is all about balance. The right mix of young and old. That's what makes great teams tick.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
So final game day in Italy, Spain and France. Cup finals in Germany and England. I guess all the done deals will be leaked today and tomorrow. When does Lyon play? 21.00 CET. Stupid Fekirs.

Tarrou

Neymar is such an unlikeable dweeb. Absolutely the most self-entitled player I've come across in a long while.
I had heard he was quite a likeable down to earth sorta guy. I kinda agree though, just has one of those faces.

Bocca9978

You think Pogba is unlikable? Far from it in my opinion, he seems to get on well with everyone.
Sorry, not unlikeable. But seems to make it about him more than the team. That was my link.
Big season for Pogba coming up.

izec

So nobody wants Bailey then?

I expect he would be a target for the scousers if they did sell Salah.
Too expensive for what he is. Should stay another year at Leverkusen and then move on. I thought he was quite average the last few games, but the talent is there of course

Vanya

So nobody wants Bailey then?

I expect he would be a target for the scousers if they did sell Salah.
highly doubt it. hes not a klopp kind of player. hes good off the ball, but on it he cant do the same or even similar things that salah can. doesnt play at klopp's tempo either.

cyberman

An agent demanding 4m for a 3m transfer?
Get fecked with that one.

lysglimt

Scout
An agent demanding 4m for a 3m transfer?
Get fecked with that one.
Like Leicester would turn him down if they had to pay £7 million for him instead of £3 millioner. Somehow I dont think that is the problem

Marcelinho87

Don’t believe that for a second if he had any aspirations then why go to France in the first place? Money talks end off.
His intention was always Real Madrid, just it would never be allowed between Barca/Real so he had to get a middleman... Enter PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.