Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

If we sign Alderwield I'll be happy we will probably start playing 352 but at least Rashford will actually get an opportunity to play up top.
That would be an entirely atrocious system given the state of our FB/WBs and the way Mourinho plays football.

We'd just drop deep against any competent opposition, like we always do, and it'd become a 5-3-2. We'd be too lightweight and crowded out in midfield and with the two forwards extremely isolated we'd wind up with 25% possession games like the one yesterday.

I mean if you can't see that at this point, I don't know what to tell you...

SER19

That would be an entirely atrocious system given the state of our FB/WBs and the way Mourinho plays football.

We'd just drop deep against any competent opposition, like we always do, and it'd become a 5-3-2. We'd be too lightweight and crowded out in midfield and with the two forwards extremely isolated we'd wind up with 25% possession games like the one yesterday.

I mean if you can't see that at this point, I don't know what to tell you...

If we sign alderweireld to go 352 wed need perisic too

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I know you hate Slabhead, but would you honestly rather have Boetang? That's madness.
I know that wasn’t the question but I’d prefer Alderweireld to both. Boateng is superior to Maguire, for me, but there are question marks over his fitness and we can’t afford another crocked center-back. Maguire is great in the air but I’m really not sold on his defensive abilities on the ground - he gets too close to the attacker and turned very easily (see Salah’s second goal at Anfield v Leicester last season).

MadMike

If we sign alderweireld to go 352 wed need perisic too
Not only. We'd also need someone similar for the right side, like a Douglas Costa or something. And we'd need Mourinho to know how to coach the players to play 3-5-2, a system he's never played before.

Just bringing in Alderweireld and trying to play 3-5-2 with Young and Valencia as midfielders will be beyond disastrous, it's a deterministic outcome.

SER19

Not only. We'd also need someone similar for the right side, like a Douglas Costa or something. And we'd need Mourinho to know how to coach the players to play 3-5-2, a system he's never played before.

Just bringing in Alderweireld and trying to play 3-5-2 with Young and Valencia as midfielders will be beyond disastrous, it's a deterministic outcome.
Yes i like 352 but absolutely not with current squad with willian and perisic yes

Dolf

Why wait so late in the window to do this if true? Kind of a crappy way to treat your current club, totally limits their options for replacements.
Because according to some reports he has been waiting on Chelsea to find a replacement for a few weeks now.

onemanarmy

Why wait so late in the window to do this if true? Kind of a crappy way to treat your current club, totally limits their options for replacements.
He informed Chelsea weeks ago, that he wants to live closer to his children. They have a problem finding a replacement.

He was on tv yesterday, didn't comment too much. He just said it was all in a "sensitive" stage right now.

MadMike

Yes i like 352 but absolutely not with current squad with willian and perisic yes
That's just never gonna happen though. The board would put the brakes to it.

Both Inter and Chelsea have been turning down +£60m offers for their wingers. Sounds like the pair would cost not far off £150m plus whatever Toby would cost which is at least another £50m-60m on top.

We're talking over £200m for 3 players that are 29-30yo and have a 4 year horizon at absolute best. A deterministic asset devaluation of at least £50m per year, faster if they start to decline sooner. And what if all that money wasted doesn't lead to a title, just a top 4 finish?

They're sensibly not gonna allow that.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
The Times should be banned for that tweet. Nobody would touch Boateng for those prices anyway, especially Ed.
It could be true though, bit premature to say The Times should be banned IMO.

Let's wait and see.

We could be working on deals for Toby, Maguire and Boateng all at the same time, with the aim of signing one before the window closes. We can agree terms, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will go through.

My guess in terms of our priority would be:

1) Toby
2) Maguire
3) Boateng
4) Mina (if he hasn't gone to Everton already)

AlexUTD

It could be true though, bit premature to say The Times should be banned IMO.

Let's wait and see.

We could be working on deals for Toby, Maguire and Boateng all at the same time, with the aim of signing one before the window closes. We can agree terms, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will go through.

My guess in terms of our priority would be:

1) Toby
2) Maguire
3) Boateng
4) Mina (if he hasn't gone to Everton already)
No top club would go near Boateng with his injury record now and he slower than Fellaini:lol:

I think it is Bayern who "leaks" interest to get bids on him.

SER19

That's just never gonna happen though. The board would put the brakes to it.

Both Inter and Chelsea have been turning down +£60m offers for their wingers. Sounds like the pair would cost not far off £150m plus whatever Toby would cost which is at least another £50m-60m on top.

We're talking over £200m for 3 players that are 29-30yo and have a 4 year horizon at absolute best. A deterministic asset devaluation of at least £50m per year, faster if they start to decline sooner. And what if all that money wasted doesn't lead to a title, just a top 4 finish?

They're sensibly not gonna allow that.
Yeah it wont happen. Id actually prefer to see us stump up big money on perisic and willian and forget alderweireld. Possibly arrange a swap with martial if inter could make it happen. Yes we lowe youth for an older player but id rather lose players who aren't interested in being here. 2-3 years of solid wide players is worth a lot of money

Tiber

Sigh - I wasnt thrilled about paying big money for a 29 year old Alderweireld, but at least he is a very good player

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its been known for a while, he refused to sign a new deal, and agreed terms with Real. This is probably the club forcing the player to officially ask to leave so they forego any loyalty bonuses.

AndyJ1985

For feck sake. I thought it was more bullshit rumours like Mina, but we're actually trying to buy another of Bayern's injury prone cast offs.

Dolf

Don't we have like 100 million to spend before we reach the amount we normally spend?

Just buy Alderweireld and Toby for 100 mill total and be done with it.

MadMike

Yeah it wont happen. Id actually prefer to see us stump up big money on perisic and willian and forget alderweireld. Possibly arrange a swap with martial if inter could make it happen. Yes we lowe youth for an older player but id rather lose players who aren't interested in being here. 2-3 years of solid wide players is worth a lot of money
No it's not. The difference in money between winning the league and finishing 2nd-3rd is minuscule. And there's no guarantee that even with these players Mourinho will manage to finish above City or Liverpool next year or even get the team to play exciting football.

Pissing away 200m on players that'll need replacing in 3-4 years with no resale value on the slim hope that he might deliver a title in that time, would be seen as terrible investment by the shareholders/owners.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Don't we have like 100 million to spend before we reach the amount we normally spend?

Just buy Alderweireld and Toby for 100 mill total and be done with it.
Think they only want around 50/60 for Toby Alderweireld mate

klsv

Atleast with Boateng nobody can say we're scouting lazy, going after players who had a good World Cup like Maguire and Mina, as Boateng was shite :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.