Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

Inevitable. If they don't qualify for the CL, Hazard will probably do the same next summer.

Wouldn't surprise me. Hasn't been any indication that we have made a bid.
I just hope that one of Martial, Sanchez or Kukaku will play more there.

Mata just can’t provide what we need there regardless of formation and Lingard just is not as productive out there either.

Unless Chong is taking it :drool:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Mata just can’t provide what we need there regardless of formation and Lingard just is not as productive out there either.

Forgot about Rashford? If we sign a CB before the window closes I think/hope we'll see something like Rashford - Lukaku - Sanchez a lot more. Chong isn't anywhere near ready. Think Mourinho wants him to work on his build.

I don't think we'll see that much of Martial this season - maybe 1600 minutes in all comps.

flappyjay

19 apps last season isn't terrible - and he'd be way cheaper than Maguire. Bringing Alderwierald and him would be a bonus tbh.

Alderwierald and Bailey defence with Boetang managed on the side would be a great shout.
What in the David Moyes are you smoking? That's terrible and especially for someone who would be on high wages if he came to United. He has played 52 games to Phil Jones 51 one in the past two seasons.

Judas

Open to offers

Thankfully Jose isn’t daft enough to throw Chong in at the deep end, it’s obvious he’s way off being ready. There’s no rush.

EyeInTheSky

Forgot about Rashford? If we sign a CB before the window closes I think/hope we'll see something like Rashford - Lukaku - Sanchez a lot more. Chong isn't anywhere near ready. Think Mourinho wants him to work on his build.

I don't think we'll see that much of Martial this season - maybe 1600 minutes in all comps.
Nope. I left him out intentionally. He’s never a winger. Has not got the skill set to be top level as a winger. Crosses and assists are not in his game to be categorised as a good winger.

He’s wasted out there. He’s an out and out striker for me a box player as well. He is all about instinct and not having too much time to think. He is selfish and 1 track minded as any potential great striker would be.

Some may argue it is good he is getting minutes out wide to develop but I just think he has levelled off and reached near his peak out there. His confideance is taking a knock because he is struggling to make an impact out there. The obvious issue is his competition centrally in Lukaku but he is young enough and loyal enough to make it happen if he’s good enough.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nope. I left him out intentionally. He’s never a winger. Has not got the skill set to be top level as a winger. Crosses and assists are not in his game to be categorised as a good winger.

He’s wasted out there. He’s an out and out striker for me a box player as well. He is all about instinct and not having too much time to think. He is selfish and 1 track minded as any potential great striker would be.

Some may argue it is good he is getting minutes out wide to develop but I just think he has levelled off and reached near his peak out there. His confideance is taking a knock because he is struggling to make an impact out there. The obvious issue is his competition centrally in Lukaku but he is young enough and loyal enough to make it happen if he’s good enough.
I think he'll be playing centrally more this season. With those two, Sanchez has a tendency to drift left and Lukaku likes to drift right so it could work.

I didn't watch all our friendlies but in some games didn't we kind of play a diamond or some other formation with emphasis on the fullbacks for width?

I remember towards the end of the season there were articles claiming Martial was 'promised' to play centrally more if he signed a new contract. Would also fit with us not being seriously connected to a wide player this window.

EyeInTheSky

I think he'll be playing centrally more this season. With those two, Sanchez has a tendency to drift left and Lukaku likes to drift right so it could work.

I didn't watch all our friendlies but in some games didn't we kind of play a diamond or some other formation with emphasis on the fullbacks for width?

I remember towards the end of the season there were articles claiming Martial was 'promised' to play centrally more if he signed a new contract. Would also fit with us not being seriously connected to a wide player this window.
Fingers crossed. I can’t think why we wouldn’t recognise the deficiencies on the right side without addressing them if not by the transfer window then at least with the most suitable personnel we have i.e not Mata!

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What in the David Moyes are you smoking? That's terrible and especially for someone who would be on high wages if he came to United. He has played 52 games to Phil Jones 51 one in the past two seasons.
He'd be supplimenting Toby. I never said he'd be our regular starter.

His quality for almost half the quoted fee of Maguire would be the best thing tbh. Having Toby and Bailey as starters With Boetang managed on the sidelines will improve the quality of our centre half options massively.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
@7even No I don't think the club are being run by teenagers? I think your post was written by one. Chill out, the state of the caf this window. Let's wait and see how things develop in the next few days.
I like your “chill out” comment. I’m deeply concerned regarding how we play so your kind word is helpful. Thks. Btw. Regarding my age I’m not ashamed of a helping hand when needed. Some day you will now what I means and hopefully you will receive similar treatment that day. Growing older is similar to walking up to a mountain top, you need to breathe a little bit more close to the top but at the same time the view is so much better.

The friendly game we talk about was our last game of pre season and we had 28% possession. A couple of our players was shockingly bad. You can paint it all you like but our performance was horrendous. We will probably start our season with at least eight or nine of these players against Leicester. Our game plan was non existing. We couldn’t string more then three four passes in a row. Our build up was long ball over our midfield. Our fullbacks looked like small poppy’s against angry bulldogs. You can defend it all you want but we need improvements all over the field, LB and RW is the obvious ones, to even think about challenging for the title.

A club like United shouldn’t do crucial transfer business the last few days of the window, that’s bad planning and a risky way to start the season. I perfectly understands why we are where we are, nothing is new in this department.

Playing against Bayern in Allianze Arena one week before the season start without a game plan is embarrassing and painful for many supporters. If you don’t share my concerns then good for you but I expect higher standards from a club with out status. I have been supporting this club since 1974-75 so I think I know when it’s time to be nervous or not. Even my wife notice I’m worried and asked why I was breathing heavily the last 45 minutes of the game. From my memory this is one of the worst pre seasons I have witnessed. Do you remember anything worse from your memory?

Two month ago everybody connected to this club was in agreement we needed a LB and a RW, and that we need to sell a couple of players asap. The names where the obvious ones. With a few days left of the transfer window our situation is almost the same. Buying Fred and Dalot is one step forward but far from what we expected. Do you agree?

Sorry for a long post but I needed to get this out from my chest. I get worse every year.....

Kaivalya

Boateng could be disastrous. He's really slowed down and seems to make too many errors these days. He'd do well for someone like Psg and the French league where physicality is useful but there's young 29s and old 29s and he's a really old 29. Bayern have made it clear it's Sule going forward for them and not Boateng. Don't see how 50m for him and 60m for Alderweireld is even something to think about. I firmly believe Boateng is part of the bs basket just like the Mina links. If he leaves he's going to Paris.

I still wonder who United go for if Spurs do hold on to Alderweireld past thursday, considering they do have to go about replacing him. Can't be competitive with just Vertonghen and Sanchez.
Maguire is definitely not happening this close to the deadline considering he's so key to Leicester plans and only a potential world record bid would make them consider a sale.
Koulibaly, Skriniar (almost), Romagnoli, Gimenez have all signed new deals. Bonucci is safely home.
There really aren't any centre backs in the 23-30 bracket with top experience available. Makes you wonder how much the media even knows what's going on.
Looking back at the window it started it off with the Bale nonsense and not one sign that we actively tried to get him (ala Morata, Griezzman). That was supposed to be rock solid but once you see Ronaldo go it's obvious what the end game for Bale would be.
Then there came the Sandro "will be announced immediately after the FA cup" nonsense. Alderweireld was supposed to be done too. It then went to Bonucci, Maguire, Mina and now back at the only obvious narrative and last transfer rumour avenue, the miserly nature of Levy.
Chelsea were in a similarly tricky situation the window before Conte's first season. Deep into the deadline day they made probably their most important signing, David Luiz in the last few hours. No one had linked him to them prior to the basic announcement rigmarole (SKY Italy breaking the deal, BBC and the club confirming soon after). Could be an interesting deadline day.
If United wanted a young (19-25) CB they would have moved faster for Gimenez or Romagnoli, but as such the profile is set on an experienced older player since we already have Bailly and Lindelof who have a similiar profile (ruling out Thilo Kehrer, Upamecano, De Ligt mostly). That said there aren't a whole load established CL quality CBs aged 25-30 that we haven't already been linked to yet. (Manolas?)

Last edited:

United_We_Stand

David Maddock: "United were clear they will not go above £40million for the Belgium international defender, who will see his value plummet to just £25m in six months' time.
....Mourinho has told his club board to explore alternatives if Tottenham continue to play hardball over their valuation of around £55m for the 29-year-old."

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They took far too long sorting out their managerial situation.
Is no excuse for leaving the gk situation like this. They didn't need a manager to find a replacement, and they've known about courtois's decision for at least a month, with aoffer from madrid on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.