Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
None of which has scored 30 goals a season in their entire careers?
Lukaku is definitely capable. Over each of the last three seasons his tally has incremented from 25 goals in all competitions to 26 and finally to 27. The season before he moved to us he scored 25 goals in the league alone at a worse club so 30 goals is certainly doable.

EyeInTheSky

Lukaku is definitely capable. Over each of the last three seasons his tally has incremented from 25 goals in all competitions to 26 and finally to 27. The season before he moved to us he scored 25 goals in the league alone at a worse club so 30 goals is certainly doable.
I’m not talking about projected or hopes to. He may be capable and he may do it at some point but to label him a 30 goal a season players is just not accurate and the journo was trying to use it as a fact to have a dig.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Was going to make the same joke until I realised that the poster was not English.
See, I also considered whether or not it was appropriate since he wasn’t English, yet I decided to go ahead and be a dick anyway

James Peril

You can say that about a lot of strikers though. Lukaku enjoyed playing at Everton because of their style, same with Vardy at Leicester. Lukaku would score more than 16 goals at Leicester too probably. Move Vardy or Lukaku to better teams playing against blocks and little space each game, suddenly the goals don’t come anymore. Lukaku 30 league goals for United? One can point to the national team and his goals there, but I think the WC showed us his strengths and weaknesses. Goals against weak teams, blanks against the better teams. Never going to happen.

I would also like to be laughed at and ridiculed for this post retrospectively, so hopefully I’m super wrong about it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Inevitable. If they don't qualify for the CL, Hazard will probably do the same next summer.
Imagine if it turns out we never showed any real interest in Willian this summer, it would make this window even more weird.
Wouldn't surprise me. Hasn't been any indication that we have made a bid.

FujiVice

The more players act, the more I respect how De Gea handled his seemingly inevitable sale to Real Madrid a few years back. A true pro.

el3mel

Crap attitude from Courtois. Chelsea are forced to sell though. Can see it happening on the last day of the market.

ti vu

Imagine if it turns out we never showed any real interest in Willian this summer, it would make this window even more weird.
Imagine Mourinho was being honest all along saying he wouldn't go for another attacker if no outgoing of any of our attackers awhile back...

EyeInTheSky

You can say that about a lot of strikers though. Lukaku enjoyed playing at Everton because of their style, same with Vardy at Leicester. Lukaku would score more than 16 goals at Leicester too probably. Move Vardy or Lukaku to better teams playing against blocks and little space each game, suddenly the goals don’t come anymore. Lukaku 30 league goals for United? One can point to the national team and his goals there, but I think the WC showed us his strengths and weaknesses. Goals against weak teams, blanks against the better teams. Never going to happen.

I would also like to be laughed at and ridiculed for this post retrospectively, so hopefully I’m super wrong about it.
In the same boat as you. As a target man and if he was the only goal outlet he could get to the 30 mark if everything went through him to goal. But in a team where the goals need to be distributed more with movement and assists it would mean fewer opportunities to score overall.

Bogga

22 missed transfer tweets... and it's 22 tweets of crap. I thought something had happened since I checked the tweets an hour ago :(

Johnny cass

Back in February Mourinho said that he wasn't targeting any attacking players in the summer. Quite possible that they didn't inquire about William at all.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It's actually incredible that we still haven't resolved the keeper situation. Courtois should've been sold as soon as the WC ended. Our supporters have completely turned on him and now he's destroyed any any legacy he may have created at Chelsea by being a cnut going awol.

Status
Not open for further replies.