Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

Realistically, can there even be any deal done at this point If player not undergoing medical etc by now? Not sure how it works behind scenes but you’d imagine If a bid for player x hasn’t already been accepted 4 hours is impossible to sign somebody.

Dong Fangzhuo

Well, this is a bit of a dud so far. Expected this day to be one constant tweetstorm of nonsense, Trump "executive time" style.

peridigm

The state of this club... can't even buy one central defender given the many options available. Just bringing in one name would have at least given the fans hope for the season. But nothing? Can't see many of the fans at Old Trafford standing for this and I fear we'll see a backlash quite early in the season, if not from Jose then the fans.
All the talk about a CB not coming in. I'm more irritated we haven't signed a LB and RW. We can live with the defenders we have for another season. Even if we brought in a CB last minute, something tells me our style will not change, our attack will be as useless as before, and we'll still be buying CB's next season because we've failed to move out Smalling, Jones, and Rojo.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Realistically, can there even be any deal done at this point If player not undergoing medical etc by now? Not sure how it works behind scenes but you’d imagine If a bid for player x hasn’t already been accepted 4 hours is impossible to sign somebody.
Yes, there just has to be a form submitted to the FA saying there's an agreement between clubs and they have a couple of extra hours to complete.

Don't get that. He wouldn't get to Manchester in time to have a medical and sign.

Don't deals have to be 100% done by 5pm
Deals can be done while he's in Spain.

kps88

The deal can be done subject to a medical. Think De Gea on deadline day - if the fax machine was working, he would have had his medical after the deadline.

Infra-red

They still have time, but it doesn't sound like anything is close. I would assume that's it.

NinjaFletch

Yes, there just has to be a form submitted to the FA saying there's an agreement between clubs and they have a couple of extra hours to complete.

Deals can be done while he's in Spain
I don't think that's in doubt. What is in doubt is why Luckhurst thinks that getting a flight from Madrid would which would get in after the deadline closes is in anyway relevant to getting the deal done.

Ahsan_6386

Interestingly with so many speculations linking us with all those centre backs . It's so curious as to no links with Pavard or De Ligt yet or maybe the journos are waiting for us to name some more defenders here so that they can rush on to their Twitter and create new fake links so to how United failed to sign them either .

Riz

Think Mourinho was pretty clear, nothings happening today lads.

SER19

Deals can be done while he's in Spain.
The deal can be done subject to a medical. Think De Gea on deadline day - if the fax machine was working, he would have had his medical after the deadline.
They still have time, but it doesn't sound like anything is close. I would assume that's it.
Thanks

Rake

How can we say Spurs' valuation for him is too high if we haven't even made an introductory bid?!
We're not in for Alderweireld, are we?
This is what i don't understand... why must there be a bid in the first place? I`m sure the 2 sides are negotiating and can agree on a fee without actually submitting official bids?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That Fekir tweet is fake nonsense?
That's what I mean. People have been trying to quote reliable sources on Fekir all summer, when those reliable sources haven't said anything at all. Our Twitter fan base is the worst.

Wheato

Rose to Schalke? What happened to moving up north? Well I suppose Gelsenkirchen is more north than London, by the smallest of margins.
Bloody typical, just what we need and he is being shoved under the carpet in Germany. Daniel Levy is a real piece of work. He would rather have unhappy players running down their contracts in the reserves or rotting in the Bundesliga than sell them to us for a tidy profit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bloody typical, just what we need and he is being shoved under the carpet in Germany. Daniel Levy is a real piece of work. He would rather have unhappy players running down their contracts in the reserves or rotting in the Bundesliga than sell them to us for a tidy profit.
Rose is worse than Shaw TBH.

dove

No white text? Rose is just as bad as Shaw, would be no improvement whatsoever.

BlueHaze

This entire window has been nothing but a joke. Worlds richest club can't sign pumpkin headed Leicster centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.