Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Miller

Anyone watching Milan these days? Piatek is much more mobile, better at link play and looks more skilful than Icardi. I bet its cheaper too.

lysglimt

Scout
It puzzles me how we apparently already have lined up a wishlist for the summer - despite not signing a DoF or deciding on a new manager. Yeah that seems likely :)

pascell

It puzzles me how we apparently already have lined up a wishlist for the summer - despite not signing a DoF or deciding on a new manager. Yeah that seems likely :)
We need to cover every avenue possible, we'll have targets we want to sign for sure. We can't move forward without a list of targets because we don't choose a viable candidate for the DoF role, we'll be left even further behind, in a summer which is vital to the club.

Scholsey2004

You'd be right if the clubs transfer policy made any kind of sense. Woodward buys the players chosen by the manager - after he's sacked him. We'll probably sign perisic this summer.

passing-wind

Must say that the summer window for the first time in years should have some quality players available: Lucas Hernandes, Thiago, Icardi, M Savic, Rabiot, Koulabily, Isco / Coutinho (one of them surely), Eriksen, Alderweireld to name a few.

Its important that our next two windows are integral to improving the starting 11, calculating that the likes of city and lpool will spend as well.

Last edited:

Kapardin

Slow news day. Icardi won't fit in our current system so a no go. Dybala would be :drool:
I really can't see us filching two of Serie A's best players at once. Atleast Icardi is a distinct possibility, with Lukaku's situation. But why would Dybala want to come if we don't get 4th, or even if we get 4th anyway considering he plays for Juve?

Scholsey2004

Icardi's wife.
Yes I know that now I looked her up. It wasn't a comment about her personally, it was a gag on icardi bringing an unspecified thing called Wanda with him. I don't follow the whole celebrity WAG thing any more than I watch big brother or the housewives programmes since it doesn't interest me.

ash_86

I really can't see us filching two of Serie A's best players at once. Atleast Icardi is a distinct possibility, with Lukaku's situation. But why would Dybala want to come if we don't get 4th, or even if we get 4th anyway considering he plays for Juve?
Let's hope his best bud Pogba would play a role in convincing him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see us spending £100m on a CB then spending another £100m+ on an attacker.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can't see us spending £100m on a CB then spending another £100m+ on an attacker.
Perhaps not, but I can still see us spending around £200 million NET in the summer.

Sanche7

Well we had a net spend of 30? Mill or something last summer. We got 10 for Fele.
I think we will be buying just a CB and a RW this summer. We also need a CM but apart from the occasional Ndomble rumors, there's nothing much on that front but we keep hearing about a CB and Sancho.
Even if those two cost a combine fee of 200 (not including add ons), we have a few players to unload - Darmian, Rojo and maybe Pereira. That must fetch 10+20+5 at least,which takes us close to our usual budget of 150 mill. That would be a good summer but I feel we should also get a replacement for Matic (with Matic not starting every game)
My guess is that we will keep Fred and Luke for one more year too see how they do and offload them next summer if they don't improve.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Well we had a net spend of 30? Mill or something last summer. We got 10 for Fele.
I think we will be buying just a CB and a RW this summer. We also need a CM but apart from the occasional Ndomble rumors, there's nothing much on that front but we keep hearing about a CB and Sancho.
Even if those two cost a combine fee of 200 (not including add ons), we have a few players to unload - Darmian, Rojo and maybe Pereira. That must fetch 10+20+5 at least,which takes us close to our usual budget of 150 mill. That would be a good summer but I feel we should also get a replacement for Matic (with Matic not starting every game)
My guess is that we will keep Fred and Luke for one more year too see how they do and offload them next summer if they don't improve.
Do we even count the fellaini money? Woody probably spent that on cigarettes to do him over the summer.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Signing Wan-Bissaka, Koulibaly, Barrella, and Sancho would have a transformative effect on our squad, and solve all our problems. But you are talking 220-250M for that lot. So you are going to have to sell Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, and Lukaku to make it feasible. All players id be fine with losing. None of whom are good enough. Valencia to leave on a free.

Frankly even at that you are going to have to rely on young players to provide squad depth. Lingard, Sanchez, Greenwood, and Mata in forward roles. Pereira, Fred, Barrella, and Mctominay in midfield. With possibilities for Gomes and Garner. Dalot and Young at fullback.

Frankly despite a huge spend, the squad depth still wouldn’t be that great. Although the first XI would be absolutely savage.

Icardi is a walking circus, and far too static anyway. And I just don’t see where Dybala fits. As a 10 in a diamond for sure, but frankly I would much rather have Sancho and play with more width. Plus I think there are serious questions over Dybala’s actual output.

izec

He is having a decent season for Hoffenheim and has the potential to become a good striker but that price seems way over the top.
yeah mental. He was playing in Austria on loan not long ago, for such an unestablished and only decent striker for now, quite a mental fee.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
That is a very very very dubious transfer.....Joelinton is never worth 60m and Newcastle are paying 60m for a player.....some agents must make a lot of money with that transfer.....everyone in Germany is shocked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.