g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam147

Neves has been average for Wolves and isn't very mobile. The Wolves fans on their forums have been very critical of him and he was dreadful against Huddersfield. The only thing he's proven in the EPL thus far, is that he's overrated. On the evidence of what he's shown in the EPL, i'd much rather give James Garner time to take over from Matic, rather than waste more funds on a player who isn't even doing particularly well for Wolves.
Neves would suit out system more than he does Wolves and he has been great for his first PL season. Also in regards to 'wasting funds' would you prefer them to be shared as dividends and leeched by the Glazers or invested into proper footballers. What is this nonsensical obsession with funds? James Garner is 17, he is in no way ready to be a starting player in such an important position for a PL team, especially Manchester United.

Silas

Neves would suit out system more than he does Wolves and he has been great for his first PL season. Also in regards to 'wasting funds' would you prefer them to be shared as dividends and leeched by the Glazers or invested into proper footballers. What is this nonsensical obsession with funds? James Garner is 17, he is in no way ready to be a starting player in such an important position for a PL team, especially Manchester United.
No, he hasn't. Have you actually seen much of him, or are you assuming that Wolves doing pretty well this season must mean that he's been great?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
No, he hasn't. Have you actually seen much of him, or are you assuming that Wolves doing pretty well this season must mean that he's been great?
Hes looked far too good for wolves every time ive seen them play tbf...

sam147

Hes looked far too good for wolves every time ive seen them play tbf...
I think people are expecting a 21 year old kid to look like prime modric in midfield. He has been great almost every game I've seen. I think he would shine at United, especially the way we play.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched Neves play at Huddersfield, I was at the game. He got pressed by Hudds and he just kept dropping deeper until he was alongside the CB's. His passing was terrible in the game and he's quite slow and immobile. The Wolves fans are also losing patience with him, and they watch him play on a regular basis. He hasn't been great in the prem like you are saying, if anything he's been average.

I'd like to see us buy a Matic replacement, but want that replacement to be someone that will come in and upgrade our first team. I don't want someone who is struggling at a midtable club. I'd rather James Garner be given a chance ahead of Ruben Neves who is struggling at Wolves.

BlackShark_80

Butragueno is trying to convince Zidane to accept Real Madrid Job.
Zidane’s condition to return is for the club to clear out the old guard and start a new revolution.

Last edited:

Skåre Willoch

Zidane was waiting for the United job. Since that's out of the question for a while, why not revive Real Madrid?

deafepl

So they won't have excuses if they don't back him then.
Ed Woodward is more likely to back him if Ole is targeting long term player like Sancho, De Ligt, etc. As far as we know CB like Koulibaly is our top target this summer.

I'd like us to go for mixed ages between experienced/proven player before 28 years old where they could give us 5 years of service, young top players like Pogba, Lindelof as they were both 22/23 when we signed them and youth signing like Dalot, Martial. I don't want us to be linked with the likes of Ramos, Bale, 30 years old+, etc.

lysglimt

Scout
I dont mind us signing a 29 or 30 year old - but its when we constantly get linked to these players I get worried. If we can get a quality 29-30 year old at a fairly ok price - fine sign him, but paying £70 million for a player who at best has 3-4 years left on his contract is not financially sound. Or if it's quite obvious we need an experienced player - fine.

When it comes to our defense where we next season quite likely could have Shaw at 24, Dalot at 20 and Lindelöf at 25 as starters - it would even make sense to have an experienced defender to guide them.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Seems like this one is completely made up. Dont think he has what it takes to make it here.

Avoid.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
All of the best performances I've seen from Lozano for both PSV and Mexico were him playing LW in pretty much the same fashion as Martial.
According to whoscored he has played for he has played RW 15 times scored 8 goals with 6 assists,LW 10 times scored 6 goals and 1 assist,AM 3 times 1 goal and 1 assist.

He can play in multiple positions,but I agree with you,I think that his best position is LW(I stand to be corrected).

Devil may care

And you have seen much from him playing both on the right and the left then?
For Mexico he looked a different player when they switcfhed him, cutting in on his strongest foot seemed his biggest weapon to me. For PSV he played decently and was on the LW, I've not seen him on the RW for them in the EL games I saw.

According to whoscored he has played for he has played RW 15 times scored 8 goals with 6 assists,LW 10 times scored 6 goals and 1 assist,AM 3 times 1 goal and 1 assist.

He can play in multiple positions,but I agree with you,I think that his best position is LW(I stand to be corrected).
Interesting, are those stats all for PSV this season in the league?

Mihai

I think our transfers in central midfield will be influenced by Herrera's contract. If he signs, i don't think we will be in market for anyone.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
For Mexico he looked a different player when they switcfhed him, cutting in on his strongest foot seemed his biggest weapon to me. For PSV he played decently and was on the LW, I've not seen him on the RW for them in the EL games I saw.

No , the World cup,Eredivisie and UCL

deadrevelz

I dont mind us signing a 29 or 30 year old - but its when we constantly get linked to these players I get worried. If we can get a quality 29-30 year old at a fairly ok price - fine sign him, but paying £70 million for a player who at best has 3-4 years left on his contract is not financially sound. Or if it's quite obvious we need an experienced player - fine.

When it comes to our defense where we next season quite likely could have Shaw at 24, Dalot at 20 and Lindelöf at 25 as starters - it would even make sense to have an experienced defender to guide them.
We have Smalling who has played very well with Lindelof. If (unlikely...) we bought De Ligt and felt he wasn't ready for certain games, (also unlikely), we could play Smalling. Or even push Smalling to RB if Dalot isn't defensively solid.

Re: the tweet, I'm happy if this is true. Hopefully we aren't looking at Bale etc. Don't think we should sign any player in their late 20s for big money. If we could get one cheaply or on a free, like RvP, Falcao, Zlatan, Larsson, Owen etc I would have no complaints. It also MAY suggest we are looking at De Ligt and Sancho. Or could be AWB and Felix. Or Magnuss Eikrem. Can't wait for the summer!

dutchred

He Is not good enough for United.

Devil may care

He Is not good enough for United.
No disagreement.

He can play for a solid 5 years. I think signings like Perisic who has been abysmal this season and has one or two seasons left in him are what the club wants to avoid
Wasn't Perisic around the same age when Mourinho wanted him? Also Koulibaly's game relies a lot on his considerable physical attributes, at £100M that might be considered a risk for a 28 year old.

passing-wind

I wouldn't even take Lozano over Lingard down the right. He's not good enough to make the starting 11 and is in bad form as of late, some Eridivise talents are worth a mention but I think him and Bergwijn are overrated. If we are looking for an effective winger than I think Nicolas Pepe is more proven as Ligue 1 is more competitive.

Club should prioritise Sancho for the RW position.

sam147

Wasn't Perisic around the same age when Mourinho wanted him? Also Koulibaly's game relies a lot on his considerable physical attributes, at £100M that might be considered a risk for a 28 year old.[/QUOTE]
Different positions. A winger requires a much better engine than a CB. We need instant quality alongside building for the future. Our scouting network is vast but can never seem to pick out top players in the positions we need. It depends on what we are aiming for, if we want to challenge for the league we need a CB in his prime. De ligt is mature beyond his years but still not ready. Koulibaly is the best option in my opinion. If we are building to challenge in the next 3 years then De ligt would be a good option.

Devil may care

Different positions. A winger requires a much better engine than a CB. We need instant quality alongside building for the future. Our scouting network is vast but can never seem to pick out top players in the positions we need. It depends on what we are aiming for, if we want to challenge for the league we need a CB in his prime. De ligt is mature beyond his years but still not ready. Koulibaly is the best option in my opinion. If we are building to challenge in the next 3 years then De ligt would be a good option.
I wasn't thinking so much about engine or stamina, moreso that Koulibaly's speed and athelticism are a key part of why he's a good defender, and those are attributes that can nosedive fast when a player gets a bit older, I'm just saying at £100M it's something the club might be taking into consideration. As for de Ligt, who knows, he's a natural leader and performing against teams like Bayern and Lindelof, and on top of that Smalling is playing quite well alongside Lindelof so it's not like we would be pinning everything on de Ligt hitting the ground at 100mph.

Devil may care

I don't think they'll get either, by the time they buy a CB, Hazard and a striker they'll not have enough for them, I could actually see Rabiot ending up there on a free now.

Status
Not open for further replies.