Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We’re going to be hearing these Pogba to Madrid rumours all summer aren’t we?

Wasn’t there talk of him discussing a new contract with us a few months ago though?

Alabaster Codify7

I can't see Madrid meeting our asking price when they have so many other issues to address in the same window.

Eriksen is way more likely as a creative, attacking midfielder.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't see Madrid meeting our asking price when they have so many other issues to address in the same window.

Eriksen is way more likely as a creative, attacking midfielder.
Why would we even have an asking price? Who exactly are we gonna buy that's gonna do for us what Pogba can? There's no way of Real matching any asking price because there's shouldn't be one. The only way Pogba leaves is if he creates a real fuss about wanting to leave and even then we shouldn't cave in. We don't wanna be setting this precedent again of Real coming for our players.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why are people that worried about Pogba leaving? If he does go it will be for an astronomical fee and Coutinho is available, who is more than capable of filling the role of Pogba.

It's likely Pogba will leave at some point anyway... As long as we try to adequately replace him.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Why are people that worried about Pogba leaving? If he does go it will be for an astronomical fee and Coutinho is available, who is more than capable of filling the role of Pogba.

It's likely Pogba will leave at some point anyway... As long as we try to adequately replace him.
No chance Coutinho can fill Pogbas boots

Paxi

No chance Coutinho can fill Pogbas boots
Yes he can. Not assist for assist but Coutinho was brilliant for Liverpool and would still be brilliant for another team who don't play like Barca. If push came to shove and Pogba did leave, Id be happy with Coutinho.

Devil may care

Countinho isn't a Pogba replacement, he's played the bulk of his career off the LW where Martial plays and can slot in as a #10, but Pogba gives us so much more than that, his driving runs from deep are a big part of our game.

United Pro

Countinho isn't a Pogba replacement, he's played the bulk of his career off the LW where Martial plays and can slot in as a #10, but Pogba gives us so much more than that, his driving runs from deep are a big part of our game.
He played a lot as a LCM last season for Liverpool and did an incredible job before he moved to Barca. So, he'd be a pretty decent replacement for Pogba. However, I just don't see why we'd sell Pogba.

Devil may care

He played a lot as a LCM last season for Liverpool and did an incredible job before he moved to Barca. So, he'd be a pretty decent replacement for Pogba. However, I just don't see why we'd sell Pogba.
He wasn't there half of last season, and more often than not he was the LWF in a front 3 the season before that, it was only against cannon fodder Klopp put him at LCM behind the front 3, he can't do it week in and week out against every team like Pogba can, I'm not even against buying Coutinho but not as a Pogba replacement, he's shown at Barca he can't really play in a midfield 3, he's an attacker. .

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Pogba has to force through a transfer if he wants it, especially if he wants it this summer. Might get ugly:nervous: and while he has been forgiven for earlier suspect behaviour I can't say I trust him to be loyal to us and if he doesn't get what he wants he might kick up a fuzz again sadly.

Glow

No, Countinho isn't a Pogba replacement, he's more a replacement of the Sanchez we hoped to get, but never got. If RM really should buy Pogba, we should try to get Modric as partial payment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd be surprised to see him kick up a fuss this summer, think he's finally enjoying being the star for us.
This is how I see it too. He's the most influencial player in the team and looks at home in Manchester.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I hope you both are right. I would love if he stick around and gets us to the top, I wouldn't be very happy about anything else.

I could understand it if he wanted to leave especially if we miss out on CL football,though obviously I'd hate for that scenario to happen.
Also you have to factor in Raiola when talking about Pogba's future and he's not exactly someone who is easily read.

It could swing either way.

Paxi

He wasn't there half of last season, and more often than not he was the LWF in a front 3 the season before that, it was only against cannon fodder Klopp put him at LCM behind the front 3, he can't do it week in and week out against every team like Pogba can, I'm not even against buying Coutinho but not as a Pogba replacement, he's shown at Barca he can't really play in a midfield 3, he's an attacker. .

I thought I remembered that he played quite a bit deeper for liverool. I think he'd do fine for us if we were to lose pogba.

Hopefully we don't, obviously.

Devil may care

I thought I remembered that he played quite a bit deeper for liverool. I think he'd do fine for us if we were to lose pogba.

Hopefully we don't, obviously.
That doesn't tell the full story though, it's a 14 game sample, and Liverpool finished nowhere in the league that season as while Pogba isn't the best defensively he's better than Coutinho and can also relieve pressure by driving from deep, there's a reason Klopp played him LWF for the vast majority of his time at Liverpool. Like I said I would welcome Coutinho to play at the tip of the diamond behind our two strikers, but if Pogba goes I want a proper midfielder brought in, not a #10 that played a few games on the left.

United Pro

He's not a like for like replacement for Pogba but I think he has some midfield attributes that are better than Pogba. I don't want Coutinho over Pogba either but this time last year few would have argued Pogba being the better player than Coutinho given their respective forms.

Devil may care

He's not a like for like replacement for Pogba but I think he has some midfield attributes that are better than Pogba. I don't want Coutinho over Pogba either but this time last year few would have argued Pogba being the better player than Coutinho given their respective forms.
I would have argued it as I was saying for ages that Mourinho's tactics and mindset and the atmosphere he created was ruining Pogba as the proof was there of how great he can be, where as Coutinho was playing for a manager who set the team up to get the most out of him and created a great unity with the players. Again I'm not doubting Coutinho's ability to add to this team if Pogba left, but I'd want another proper CM added as well as long term I don't think you can trust Coutinho in that LCM role, it's why Liverpool are now defensively much better and why Barca don't play him there, too much of a liability when you're not in possession.

sam147

I could understand it if he wanted to leave especially if we miss out on CL football,though obviously I'd hate for that scenario to happen.
Also you have to factor in Raiola when talking about Pogba's future and he's not exactly someone who is easily read.

It could swing either way.
Surprising to see more people worried about Pogba kicking up a fuss and not the guy who has ran down his contract twice and has an equally bad agent, Mendes. Have we all forgotten DDG hasn't signed? If this was another player everyone would be on his back. However, because its DDG people think he deserves better. We signed him, paid his wages and backed him when he was fumbling every shot and he repaid us how? By wanting to leave after 3 good seasons? And now the same again. What a joke. Pogba leaving is the least of our worries.

SAFMUTD

Surprising to see more people worried about Pogba kicking up a fuss and not the guy who has ran down his contract twice and has an equally bad agent, Mendes. Have we all forgotten DDG hasn't signed? If this was another player everyone would be on his back. However, because its DDG people think he deserves better. We signed him, paid his wages and backed him when he was fumbling every shot and he repaid us how? By wanting to leave after 3 good seasons? And now the same again. What a joke. Pogba leaving is the least of our worries.
Its easier to replace De Gea than Pogba to be fair, De Gea is a top top GK but I would preffer to have a decent keeper and a world class midfielder than the other way around.

In addition, except from PSG (which I dont think he would want to go) there's no place for him in the top teams, Juventus may need a better keeper but can't afford his wages, Barcelona has Ter Stegen, Madrid just signed Courtouis and haves Navas, Bayern has Neuer, Liverpool haves Allison, City haves Ederson, Atletico haves Oblak, Chelsea just signed Kepa..I just don't see in which top team he can fit in to.

Pogba on the other hand, would pretty much be wanted by every top team around, he is a different class player and would walk into pretty much any team he would want.

But yeah, we should be worried about them both, they are the only two real world class players we have and it would be understandable if they want to leave if they don't think we can truly compete for the big titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.