Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
De Gea to end up leaving for nothing then?
Its an option that makes sense if a contract can't be agreed with him. We get to keep him for one year and spend on other areas this summer. In the meantime try to get Henderson on loan in the PL and see how he performs. If we are not convinced by him we can go all out for a GK next summer.

Devil may care

Given that we have spent obscene amounts of money since Fergie retired, especially in Mourinho’s reign; I really don’t get the constant whining by the mewling quims in this thread. Woody this, Woody that, Woody won’t buy the players we need....blah, blah, blah. He’s bought about every player his managers have wanted, until finally last summer he pulled the plug on potential outgoing deals for Martial and Pogba; and huge money spent on Alderweireld or Maguire. And thank fecking god he did.

Honestly, some of the posts on this forum are just so tiresome. They read like spoiled little kids, who should frankly feck off to twitter and spout their faux rage there.

When we don’t get linked with players, people froth at the mouth. When the club briefs the media saying what our targets are, people froth at the mouth. When we spend money on players people say give youth a chance, we overspent! If we don’t spend huge money, people go nuts claiming lack of investment.

This forum is filling up with armchair experts who just talk an endless stream of bollocks. It’s becoming insufferable. I can’t wait until this summer is over. Transfer threads used to be fun. Now it’s just the same tired cliches about Woody. None of them are even funny or clever. They just make you look like idiots.
Come on man that's a dated reference, it was in the 1st Avengers movie, we are in the Endgame now! :p

From all the young teens we've been linked to, this kid looks a magical player in the making, and the one I'd buy above all else.

Him and Sancho are definitely the 2 standout U21 prospects around right now.

:drool:

I would not be suprised if the spending pushed 300m. I would also not be suprised if we spend nothing. If we spend it will be ALOT, one extreme or the other.

Nothing to base it on but a hunch that the business side of things is becoming quiet due to our current state. The 'board' are willing to spend now to try raise our profile back up and not be left behind by the other big european clubs.

Now as far as that list goes. Take off one of the centrebacks and i do not think its that far fetched. Could be done for somewhere between 300-350m. Theb recoup as much as possible in outgoing players fees and wages saved.

You have to consider that more players might leave and that wages will be freed which is a big expense. Alexis im looking at you.
I'd like to see them give Ole the mega backing, it would signal real faith in him, especially if we do end up seeing six or seven players leave, Ole will need a summer similar to LvG's first one to give him a real chance at getting this team at least in the mix, it could even just be about being strong enough to make top 4 as rivals, bar Chelsea, will strengthen as well.

NJM78

Ah great, I like Juan but I really hope he goes.

I dont want players kept just because we dont want to spend, I would rather the likes of Chong, Gomes take his place if we have a poor summer window than persist with him. Either option we wont be winning anything major so let's bed our youngsters in for experience.

Sanche7

Would love to see us go 4-4-2 :
_______Martial - Sancho
____________Felix
________Pogba Saul
___________Rodri
Shaw Koulibaly Lindelof RB

Not really sure about Bissaka, but that right there is a great team with lots of technique, creativity and goals, although a lot will depend on how Felix and Sancho does. We can easily shift to a 4-3-3 with Rashford playing as striker or Felix as a flase 9
Sancho - 100 mill
Felix - ?
Rodri - 60 mill
Saul - 70 mill
Koulibaly - 80 mill
RB - 40 mill
That will be like 400 mill net :nervous:
But at the same time, that squad won't need another big investment for years with Koulibaly being the oldest at 28/29

Devil may care

I'm surprised that he's not looking at a team a tier lower like Inter or even his old side Valencia, where he could start a lot more, I didn't think at 31 he'd want to trade our bench for another bench, I thought a move would be about playing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not surprising I don't think he's good enough to be a bench option for Barca
Maybe not, but he's worth recouping £90m for Coutinho and replacing him for free with.

Especially when that £90m goes on De Ligt with change to spare.

nainaisson

Appease the fans from turning their frustration/anger towards Woodward/owners.
Do you know of any fans who felt less angry/frustrated during Van Gaal's last season after reading ridiculous stories about world-record bids by United for Neymar? I remember feeling insulted, and I vaguely recall wondering whether Woodward thinks we're the dumbest people on the planet, but I don't recall feeling less angry.

Maybe not, but he's worth recouping £90m for Coutinho and replacing him for free with.

Especially when that £90m goes on De Ligt with change to spare.
True but he'll demand big wages too - I just think they can do better personally

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
True but he'll demand big wages too - I just think they can do better personally
Bigger than Coutinho? I think it'd be a smart move by Barca. They can worry about spending big in his position, if needed, in a couple of years.

Bigger than Coutinho? I think it'd be a smart move by Barca. They can worry about spending big in his position, if needed, in a couple of years.
Nah obviously not as much but It would still be quite. They could go for someone a bit younger on smaller wages.

ForestRGoinUp

We've seen the uproar over losing an average player like Herrera for free. I think it's somewhat safe to assume De Gea will leave next summer for free if we don't sell him now. Why wouldn't we sell him now?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
We've seen the uproar over losing an average player like Herrera for free. I think it's somewhat safe to assume De Gea will leave next summer for free if we don't sell him now. Why wouldn't we sell him now?
I guess it would depend on what bids are expected to come-in for him - last time Real pissed-about all summer trying to get him cheap or free the following summer, and his contract is in the same position again. If there's anything in tabloid links with PSG then maybe there might be some competition for his signature we can try to utilise, but overall I don't think we'll get anywhere near proper value for him so if the bids are low then we may as well keep him for that final season and bank on him being professional.

We have enough other things to deal with this window.

ForestRGoinUp

I guess it would depend on what bids are expected to come-in for him - last time Real pissed-about all season trying to get him cheap or free the following summer, and his contract is in the same position again. If there's anything in tabloid links with PSG then maybe there might be some competition for his signature we can try to utilise, but overall I don't think we'll get anywhere near proper value for him so if the bids are low then we may as well keep him for that final season and bank on him being professional.

We have enough other things to deal with this window.
I can't rationalize a scenario in which he's allowed to go for free. You either get your 60-70M from PSG now or you swap him for Courtois + cash. De Gea is wonderful but he's not a requirement. Plenty of lesser GKs winning a lot more trophies than he is.

I saw someone else say earlier that it could be that first summer where clubs do use player swaps considering the insanity of transfer fees, and I tend to agree. De Gea and Pogba should both be thought of as potential swaps if our plan is to go young a rebuild.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I can't rationalize a scenario in which he's allowed to go for free. You either get your 60-70M from PSG now or you swap him for Courtois + cash. De Gea is wonderful but he's not a requirement. Plenty of lesser GKs winning a lot more trophies than he is.
If those offers were on the table then it's a different situation, but I'm always pessimistic about us getting proper value for any player given our past record. Also I'm pretty confident Courtois won't return to England given his family reasons, and also in light of the Herrera situation I don't rule-out that PSG are targeting us as revenge for the CL, in which case I doubt they'd bid decent money for someone they could get for free the following summer and leave us even more screwed.

Equally it could all just be Mendes media games ahead of the contract renewal.

Devil may care

I saw someone else say earlier that it could be that first summer where clubs do use player swaps considering the insanity of transfer fees, and I tend to agree. De Gea and Pogba should both be thought of as potential swaps if our plan is to go young a rebuild.
There's no point in getting Courtois, not only is he not that great, he fought hard to get back to Spain to be near his kid, he doesn't want to in England. As for Pogba, I could see us taking money and a player for him from Real, the options they would be willing to use in any swap deal wouldn't amount to Pogba's value.

ForestRGoinUp

There's no point in getting Courtois, not only is he not that great, he fought hard to get back to Spain to be near his kid, he doesn't want to in England. As for Pogba, I could see us taking money and a player for him from Real, the options they would be willing to use in any swap deal wouldn't amount to Pogba's value.
He's plenty good enough to win the Premier League (twice) and I can't remember how big his role was in Atletico's 13/14 Liga title.

But I see your point about him pushing to get back to Spain. And we can win titles with lesser keepers than De Gea, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.