Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Completely agree. I'd say Leeds and Bristol City or an under-performing non-league team in a high population area, Stockport County for example. Look at what the Salford lads are doing and follow their lead. There's incredible revenue for those who can stump up a few million.
Salford and Stockport have to compete with United, City, Bolton, even Liverpool and Everton to some degree.

Leeds have the two Sheffield teams, Huddersfield and Bradford in close proximity.

What makes Bristol perfect is that there are no teams nearby with a recent PL history. They get to write their own narrative.

VanGaalyTime

Salford and Stockport have to compete with United, City, Bolton, even Liverpool and Everton to some degree.

Leeds have the two Sheffield teams, Huddersfield and Bradford in close proximity.

What makes Bristol perfect is that there are no teams nearby with a recent PL history. They get to write their own narrative.
True, but as you saw with Man City, you can define your success based on your neighbours. You create a narrative about rivalries and history and bring international attention to what was a local event. Without United, City's owners wouldn't have had half the attention they got in the beginning. But beyond this point, my main contention is that it's far better financially to purchase a non-league team and make them into a strong league team that pushes into the PL eventually, than it is to purchase a middle of the road championship team and turn them into a premier league team. Bristol City would be a great option for any country that has 100m-to-500m to spend and that wants to whitewash any human rights questions. Stockport, Salford, etc would be ideal for the millionaire looking to make a quick 100m with a 10m investment.

Sanche7

Oh wow that's some real inside info right there. Hummels to leave BL and to go to either the PL, the La Liga, the Serie A or Ligue 1 or he could be going anywhere and we have no idea where he could be going but here is our exclusive

passing-wind

If we really need to get an Eredivisie winger i'd rather have Neres than Lozano.
100% agree, Lozano would be an underwhelming signing, he's quick but does not have the fundamentals of a technically proficient player so he wouldn't be able to use his speed in the context of a competitive game.

Neres has more craft to his play In my opinion. These options should only be a fallback to Sancho however.

ROFLUTION

Nice and straight words from Ole. Hope he doesn't face a summer where he sells everyone before better replacements are secured though.

For 5 players in, that really takes some solid groundwork or a solid purse from Woody to bring the real targets in early, so Ole's not stuck in the middle, and has to rely on players like Sanchez.

Its really a big test for Woodward's craftmanship in the market to put it that way. A little bit more than just faxing Bayern with a late offer for Müller and wishing for the best.

Chairman Steve

The fact that OGS is saying something this publicly (and not for the first time) makes me believe that the board have hopefully got their shit together and will carry this out.

Sanche7

Don't know if this has been posted yet

BILD quoting Luka's father - "Luka has questions. The ones (offer) from Barcelona are there. But he has no interest. He does not know if he can play football there"

We need to buy him ASAP especially if he's available for the rumored fee of 50 million Euros. Doesn't look like he's hell bent on playing in Spain and is IMO the best young striker out there. Sell Lukaku, promise him the #9 shirt and starting role and sign him. But I'm afraid Ole considers Rashford to be his #1 striker, a responsibility I don't think he's ready for yet. Also there are rumors of Real Madrid interest.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

BILD quoting Luka's father - "Luka has questions. The ones (offer) from Barcelona are there. But he has no interest. He does not know if he can play football there"

We need to buy him ASAP especially if he's available for the rumored fee of 50 million Euros. Doesn't look like he's hell bent on playing in Spain and is IMO the best young striker out there. Sell Lukaku, promise him the #9 shirt and starting role and sign him. But I'm afraid Ole considers Rashford to be his #1 striker, a responsibility I don't think he's ready for yet. Also there are rumors of Real Madrid interest.
Don't be ridiculous.
He's too cheap.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

I guess with Coutinho and Dembele there, obviously alongside Messi (Suarez I'm considering won't get the same playing minutes next season), he might have legitimate concerns about developing there.

Good to see him thinking from that perspective as well, he's still really young and has a lot of time to make the next big move to top European club, if he continues to play in his current form. If he has the confidence in himself, he can either stay at Frankfurt or move to a slightly bigger club and aim for the top European clubs later on.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The time to but him was when he was still at Dortmund. He's been dropped by Low for a reason.
Well a lot of people were critical of Low for dropping Hummels because his performances haven't been as bad as Boateng or Muller. He is still a top defender imo if he's motivated, which I don't think he's lost in the last season.

passing-wind

Jovic has more to his game than Piatek, I'd take him here to play central over Rashford and Lukaku. He seems more instinctive and more importantly actually contributes to the attacking phases of play. That's why Barca are looking at him as an ideal Suarez replacement

Devil may care

Strong comments from Ole, hopefully he's as ruthless as he needs to be and I can't help but feel some of what he says hints towards Pogba perhaps leaving, he needs everyone on board with total commitment, if his head is turned by Real then there's no point in a "one more season" thing like Fergie had with Ronaldo, we are in a totally different situation now with totally different personalities involved.

AndyJ1985

All this talk about being ruthless and getting rid of dross...We've already given contracts to Young and Jones, and offered a contract to Mata.

Kostov

Benfica have a 19 year old midfielder called Florentino Luis who looks a big talent for the DM position. Not only is he good at winning the ball, but his passing with both feet is impressive. Reminds me of a mix between Pogba and Kante. YouTube vid and Whoscored rating below..

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/369712/Show/Florentino-Luís

I'm not saying he's not going to be a good player but he's got 5 appearances for Benfica and he will be 20 in August. At the same age Ruben had something like 50+ appearances for Porto. captaining the club in the process.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm not saying he's not going to be a good player but he's got 5 appearances for Benfica and he will be 20 in August. At the same age Ruben had something like 50+ appearances for Porto. captaining the club in the process.
Dalot had 6 at Porto, to be fair.

When the talent is there, it’s there.

Kostov

Dalot had 6 at Porto, to be fair.

When the talent is there, it’s there.
I agree, but just wanted to put a different perspective on Neves. He just turned 22 and has 50+ games for Porto and 70+ games for Wolves. He's so young and already has lots of experience.

United Pro

I agree, but just wanted to put a different perspective on Neves. He just turned 22 and has 50+ games for Porto and 70+ games for Wolves. He's so young and already has lots of experience.
Some players mature at an earlier age. Lukaku and Rooney were first team players by 16, whilst Lingard was only really ready by 22-23.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Players develop differently. Does not mean that the one who breakthrough early will be the best player or are the most talented.

But yes, Neves looks a bit special.

JohnZSmith27

All this talk about being ruthless and getting rid of dross...We've already given contracts to Young and Jones, and offered a contract to Mata.
Also Rojo says Ole has told him he's in his plans so looks like he's going nowhere.

Trizy

It's easy reading those comments the know it's his father who is his agent because he has his sons best footballer interests at heart. Any modern agent would be filling him with false hope and lies to get the biggest move as early as possible. Football has truly gone to the dogs but that's a conversation for another day.

As for Jovic, I was take him in a heart beat. He's a better baller than Lukaku and a better finisher too. €50m sounds like a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.