Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this before. Where did you come across that? With the whole controversy surrounding the ‘YID Army’ chants, it’s a bit of a sensitive subject.
A guy that I used to work with he's from Tottenham, he was saying that the club have always had Jewish owners and preferred to keep it within the Jewish community.

Dong Fangzhuo

Gazzetta saying we've offered Darmian a 4 year deal :lol: If that were true I'd want off this timeline.

roseguy64

Tottenham? Would Levy sell, I have no idea?
Liverpool/United would cost a staggering amount of money though as they're established global brands. Tottenham are scratching the surface on becoming that and have just got the infrastructure in place, it's a very good time to buy Tottenham especially as they have a very good core of players so there is very little risk. Taking over Newcastle would require a complete rework of the squad and management and they have the disadvantage of being in a rather unfashionable city. Whereas Tottenham are London based.

I have no idea if Levy would sell though, @SquishyMcSquish
Levy doesn't own Spurs

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Liverpool/United would cost a staggering amount of money though as they're established global brands. Tottenham are scratching the surface on becoming that and have just got the infrastructure in place, it's a very good time to buy Tottenham especially as they have a very good core of players so there is very little risk. Taking over Newcastle would require a complete rework of the squad and management and they have the disadvantage of being in a rather unfashionable city. Whereas Tottenham are London based.

I have no idea if Levy would sell though, @SquishyMcSquish
I've heard rumours that the plan was for ENIC to get us in to a really good position and then sell the club, but not sure how much truth that is based on. I'm somewhat doubtful considering we could be a cash cow for a while.

With owners who were willing to give us serious backing in the market (not sugar daddy level backing which nobody at the club wants, but spending what we make with some investment on top) then we could be a powerhouse.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Levy doesn't own Spurs
ENIC Group (formerly English National Investment Company) is a British investment company, focused on the sports and media sectors. ENIC is owned by Joe Lewis (through Tavistock Group) and Daniel Levy. ENIC's Bahamas-registered[1] subsidiary, ENIC International Limited, currently holds 85.55% of the total issued share capital of English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur.

It's him and Joe Lewis and as far as I'm aware its Levy that takes control of the football side of Tottenham. Im not exactly sure what Joe Lewis does, perhaps control ENIC? No idea.

haram

We've kept Darmian prisoner and asking if he'd like to stay another 4 years :lol:

Sanche7

If this is true, I'm guessing we won't be signing a RB. I can see the headlines now - 'Ole impressed with Darmian, Renews the Italian right back's contract'
So that's CB (Alderweireld) and RB sorted for 25 million.
McTominay has been impressive in the DM role, so he can be backup to Matic plus academy player so fans will love it
Fred has looked quite alright as a CM, so there you go the two CM positions sorted.
What's left, RW? - Woody briefing : 'Dortmund resist Manchester United' s efforts to sign Sancho with Sancho wanting to stay in the BL for another year. The club really tried to sign the youngster but eventually failed'
Sell Rojo and Bailly and boom 15-20 million negative net spend with all positions filled
Woody you genius!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If this is true, I'm guessing we won't be signing a RB. I can see the headlines now - 'Ole impressed with Darmian, Renews the Italian right back's contract'
So that's CB (Alderweireld) and RB sorted
McTominay has been impressive in the DM role, so he can be backup to Matic plus academy player so fans will love it
Fred has looked quite alright as a CM, so there you go the two CM positions sorted. What's left, RW? - Woody briefing : 'Dortmund resist Manchester United' s efforts to sign Sancho with Sancho wanting to stay in the BL for another year. The club really tried to sign the youngster but eventually failed'
Sell Rojo and Bailly and boom 15-20 million negative net spend with all positions filled
Woody you genius
We've offered Mata a new deal so that's RW sorted already. Practically a full squad for PL registration next season :lol:

NJM78

So that's CB (Alderweireld) and RB sorted
Fred has looked quite alright as a CM, so there you go the two CM positions sorted. What's left, RW? - Woody briefing : 'Dortmund resist Manchester United' s efforts to sign Sancho with Sancho wanting to stay in the BL for another year. The club really tried to sign the youngster but eventually failed'
Woody you genius
The funny thing is you probably won't be far off. Our team will be fecking miles off though!

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal would be a great deal. Top club at it's lowest point in 2 decades. Please save us from Kroenke.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So that's CB (Alderweireld) and RB sorted for 25 million.
Fred has looked quite alright as a CM, so there you go the two CM positions sorted.
What's left, RW? - Woody briefing : 'Dortmund resist Manchester United' s efforts to sign Sancho with Sancho wanting to stay in the BL for another year. The club really tried to sign the youngster but eventually failed'
Woody you genius!
His contract expires this summer, we'd be losing an asset for free. The only way I can see this being true is if we want to get some kind of fee from him. Lets say he signs a contract for 120k (madness I agree). That means he gets an annual 6.2million. Anything over that therefore we make a profit from. If we sold him next summer for 10million then we still get 4million extra for him.

It's more likely the story is bullshit, but I can understand the club trying to protect its assets, even the less valuable ones. The question is whether it should happen or should the club simply accept the loss and move on.

Nep77

Darmian story is sure his agent raising interest on him and making him not look like a cast off from us. Can't get this mini meltdown, same thing with mata too.

Infra-red

Darmian story is sure his agent raising interest on him and making him not look like a cast off from us. Can't get this mini meltdown, same thing with mata too.
This is probably correct, although some idiot at the club actually thought that Young and Jones were worthy of new deals, so anything is possible.

Classical Mechanic

Nep77

This is probably correct, although some idiot at the club thought Young and Jones were worthy of new deals, so anything is possible.
Young was playing half decent at first half of the season and thought process probably was that he will remain as cover for one more year. But its young every time a contract renewal comes around he starts playing well and turns shit right after. Phil Jones I can't fathom what was the thinking. Maybe it was a choice between bailly and him and being homegrown and quota might have got him a favor for 4th choice CB role. Bailly probably won't want to be that down the pecking order and stay.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yup. As others have said, it will be Leeds United. No question.
It makes sense but their owner isn't short of a bob or two so won't sell easy and probably looking at the medium term anyway before selling (get promotion, stabilise THEN sell to max value).
Imagine if they bought Liverpool, I’d genuinely have to consider giving up football.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:(

Dante

Average bang
If I were a multi-billionaire looking to buy a Championship club, I'd 100% go for Bristol City. There's so much untapped potential there, and hardly any competition for fans in the area. They could swallow up the whole South West for decades.

Also. in terms of local development, there'd be far more scope for turning the city into an annexe of my home kingdom.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought two clubs owned by the same person being in the same competition is against the rules? If they buy a championship club and get them in the CL then they'll have issues, no?

Nick7

I thought two clubs owned by the same person being in the same competition is against the rules? If they buy a championship club and get them in the CL then they'll have issues, no?
They'll do the same thing Salzburg and Leipzig do. Give a bag of money to UEFA and pretend they're run by different people.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They might, but as it stands he's one of their biggest talents for midfield imo. He's a player I'd like at United, give me some Xabi Alonso or Carrick vibe while being more aggressive. What Benfica MFs? I know about Joao Felix, but who else?
Benfica have a 19 year old midfielder called Florentino Luis who looks a big talent for the DM position. Not only is he good at winning the ball, but his passing with both feet is impressive. Reminds me of a mix between Pogba and Kante. YouTube vid and Whoscored rating below..

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/369712/Show/Florentino-Luís

Fosu-Mens

The Qatari's must know the Saudi's are incoming..
Seems more and more likely that the Glazers wants to sell the club. As soon as we know if we get top 4 or not, this will be pushed forward. If not for the "minor issue" with a certain Journalist publishing less than favourable articles about Saudi Arabia, they might have already bought the club.

The dream would be for the Norwegian pension fund to buy a 49% interest in the club, and the rest owned by fans. From a financial standpoint it would be a sound investment for people/funds with deep pockets(Not in dividends, but in asset value). With the amount of £££ in revenue and the potential increase in income from the new PL/CL deals... And with some changes in how the club is run, MUFC could "easily" perform both on and off the pitch.

RU Devil

Not a big fan of this 'switch', although if you asked me earlier (Fall 2018), I wouldn't have minded Gueye to ease out Matic. A poor man's Kante, although Ndidi is probably a better version. Gueye being 29 puts this rumor in the improbable bin. Didn't realize he was at that stage of the his career. We don't need water carriers that won't be in their primes for less than 3 yrs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tottenham? Would Levy sell, I have no idea?
You can't have two clubs in an European competition with same ownership. So it can't be Spurs as they're serious champions league contenders.

VanGaalyTime

If I were a multi-billionaire looking to buy a Championship club, I'd 100% go for Bristol City. There's so much untapped potential there, and hardly any competition for fans in the area. They could swallow up the whole South West for decades.

Also. in terms of local development, there'd be far more scope for turning the city into an annexe of my home kingdom.
Completely agree. I'd say Leeds and Bristol City or an under-performing non-league team in a high population area, Stockport County for example. Look at what the Salford lads are doing and follow their lead. There's incredible revenue for those who can stump up a few million.

Trizy

Poor Ajax following the route of the previous existing teams (Dortmund & Monaco). Sad to see :(

Status
Not open for further replies.