Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Players develop differently. Does not mean that the one who breakthrough early will be the best player or are the most talented.

But yes, Neves looks a bit special.
I agree totally, just pointed out for a different perspective, that's all.

Some players mature at an earlier age. Lukaku and Rooney were first team players by 16, whilst Lingard was only really ready by 22-23.
I agree that not all football players have the same path through out their career. Even though in my opinion the best players tend to break through at early age.

Nick7

Might be my opinion bias, but I read Pogba into those comments about dressing room and character.
You'd believe it's about Pogba rather than players like the one who's apparently signed a pre contract with another club before the end of the season. Weird.

TsuWave

All this talk about being ruthless and getting rid of dross...We've already given contracts to Young and Jones, and offered a contract to Mata.
:lol: this is a sad, funny, and truthful post all at the same time.

Acquire Me

All this talk about being ruthless and getting rid of dross...We've already given contracts to Young and Jones, and offered a contract to Mata.
And that my friend is how you earn money. Free transfer is a bitch.

Also, we cant get rid off everyone.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not sure how this is related to my comment?

Let's hope Ole puts his money where his mouth is though. We badly need an overhaul.
You said no positive tweets, the fact Ole knows there's a lot of work to do is positive in the fact that he's not deluded at least :lol:

deadrevelz

It's easy reading those comments the know it's his father who is his agent because he has his sons best footballer interests at heart. Any modern agent would be filling him with false hope and lies to get the biggest move as early as possible. Football has truly gone to the dogs but that's a conversation for another day.

As for Jovic, I was take him in a heart beat. He's a better baller than Lukaku and a better finisher too. €50m sounds like a steal.
Good to hear if that's true from Jovic about playing time. Only problem for us is that we are also well stocked in the striker department. Even if we sold Lukaku we have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, all of whom will want playing time next season.

Would be a great buy for Chelsea tbf, since Hazard is leaving and Higuain is crap.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Good to hear if that's true from Jovic about playing time. Only problem for us is that we are also well stocked in the striker department. Even if we sold Lukaku we have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, all of whom will want playing time next season.

Would be a great buy for Chelsea tbf, since Hazard is leaving and Higuain is crap.
You forgot to add one thing,that all are crap at scoring goals.

deadrevelz

You forgot to add one thing,that all are crap at scoring goals.
I didn't forget to add it. I don't believe it firstly, but it's also irrelevant. If Jovic cares so much about playing time he may not want to go somewhere that has lots of forwards.

roseguy64

ENIC Group (formerly English National Investment Company) is a British investment company, focused on the sports and media sectors. ENIC is owned by Joe Lewis (through Tavistock Group) and Daniel Levy. ENIC's Bahamas-registered[1] subsidiary, ENIC International Limited, currently holds 85.55% of the total issued share capital of English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur.

It's him and Joe Lewis and as far as I'm aware its Levy that takes control of the football side of Tottenham. Im not exactly sure what Joe Lewis does, perhaps control ENIC? No idea.
Didn't do all that research, thanks for that, but how I always heard it was that Levy ran the club and the majority owner left him to it. Him having an ownership stake probably explains why he runs the club how he sees fit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Always. Maybe not English, let me correct myself, as least from the British Isles.
I don’t recall many/any windows where we operated a ‘33%-50% of our signings should be British’ policy. And that’s well into Fergie’s reign I’m talking about.

I would like us to sign British players where there is no compromise on quality, although they are often overvalued too.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I don’t recall many/any windows where we operated a ‘33%-50% of our signings should be British’ policy. And that’s well into Fergie’s reign I’m talking about.

I would like us to sign British players where there is no compromise on quality, although they are often overvalued too.
Everytime we rebuild, there is a British core/foundation. Money is no issue.

Anustart89

Sancho: 70-80
Saul: 60
Rice: 40
Alderweireld: 25
Meunier, no clue, maybe 25?

Total: 220-230 M.

Pretty manageable.
Sancho's going to be closer to £100m, Saul's got a €130m release clause so probably around £100m there as well, Rice probably £50-60m, the others fair enough. IMO those five would be closer to £300m.

Need to sell to get those five, but that would definitely be a good summer. Selling Lukaku for £50m would go a long way, plus clearing deadwood from the squad would probably save us around £30m in wages.

Fridge chutney

Sancho's going to be closer to £100m, Saul's got a €130m release clause so probably around £100m there as well, Rice probably £50-60m, the others fair enough. IMO those five would be closer to £300m.

Need to sell to get those five, but that would definitely be a good summer. Selling Lukaku for £50m would go a long way, plus clearing deadwood from the squad would probably save us around £30m in wages.
I think Rice would be less. But you're right, release clauses make it difficult to contain fees

I would personally keep Lukaku, or if we sell him he's certainly worth more than 50M (especially if Rice and others are being quoted at 50M).

Anyway, some outbound transfers can subsidize our inbound signings

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Imagine we somehow got Sanchez and Lukaku out this summer and got Dybala in. A lot of talk that he could move this year. He would add so much dynamism to our attack. Rice was outstanding again today, if we can get him for anything less than 50m that would be a bargain. Age might be an issue but my choice for CD is Alderweireld, that release clause is just too good to pass up in this market.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Status
Not open for further replies.