Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its more to do with him looking good at times and he has room to grow which cannot be said for Moutinho.

Neves would be look better with better players around him.
Moutinho is a class player regerdless of his age. Neves is a poor mans Rodrigo Hernandez. Rodri not only is a fantastic passer of the ball, but is also quick and mobile in comparison to Neves.

We need to bring players in who're excelling at their current clubs or otherwise give opportunities to Jimmy Garner, Gomes etc rather than waste more funds on players who're flattering to deceive.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don't really understand the infatuation with Neves on here. I've watched a fair bit of Wolves this season and he hasn't stood out at all. I understand wanting a DM of that profile, but what exactly is it that makes the caf salivate so heavily over him in particular? Surely there are DLP's out there that have shown more at this level.
Because he can bang!

Inter Yer Nan

Moutinho is a class player regerdless of his age. Neves is a poor mans Rodrigo Hernandez. Rodri not only is a fantastic passer of the ball, but is also quick and mobile in comparison to Neves.

We need to bring players in who're excelling at their current clubs or otherwise give opportunities to Jimmy Garner, Gomes etc rather than waste more funds on players who're flattering to deceive.
I agree that Rodri is a much, MUCH better player than Neves.

Jim Reaper

Agreed. No chance of getting this fella considering we're not that competitive and his room mate has already agreed to the same move.
He has been advised by many around him and legends he looks up to, that joining Manchester United would be the better career choice at the moment and that he would suit the premier league more than the spanish.

of course, this is speculation but so is the fact that a deal with Barcelona is all but done.

Jim Reaper

This is irrelevent. I said, Moutinho will not grow and Neves will. Moutinho is great but he is at the end of his career and has reached his ceiling. Neves is just beginning his and has much further to go and the potential to be as good or better than Moutinho.

Rodri is great. That also has nothing to do with Neves and his potential.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is irrelevent. I said, Moutinho will not grow and Neves will. Moutinho is great but he is at the end of his career and has reached his ceiling. Neves is just beginning his and has much further to go and the potential to be as good or better than Moutinho.

Rodri is great. That also has nothing to do with Neves and his potential.
If Neves even has half as good a career as Moutinho he will have done well. Neves is too slow and immobile for my liking and isn't someone that will elevate our midfield considering he's been underwhelming in the EPL.

We're Manchester United and should be going after players like Rodri who is a much better player compared to Neves.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He has been advised by many around him and legends he looks up to, that joining Manchester United would be the better career choice at the moment and that he would suit the premier league more than the spanish.

of course, this is speculation but so is the fact that a deal with Barcelona is all but done.
That's the first I've heard of that, would be over the moon if it was true though.

jesperjaap

Why? He's good at winning the ball, has energy and pace (IIRC). If he's available for <30m that'd be a decent buy. If we get him and Bruno in I'd be happy.

Matic/Gueye, McTominay/Fred, Pogba/Bruno

Sure we'd need to get another DM in a year or two but it would also give our youngsters a chance to develop (Garner).
Good player, wrong age. Also think we have good players in central midfield squad wise even losing Herrera and Matic possibly, we need huge quality signed whatever age/experience that may be, like ddefence I think our midfield need improving firs team wise....disagree its a downgrade on Herrera...but wouldnt argue hugely an upgrade either

jesperjaap

I don't really understand the infatuation with Neves on here. I've watched a fair bit of Wolves this season and he hasn't stood out at all. I understand wanting a DM of that profile, but what exactly is it that makes the caf salivate so heavily over him in particular? Surely there are DLP's out there that have shown more at this level.
Thing he is a good young player, but I agree too. Think with the worldy goals and some of the sumptuous long passed he plays...his highlight reel blinds some. Be a decent signing but at a stupid price, not for me either......we really dont want 4/5 decent signings we need 4/5 top quality ones and although I like Neves, I dont see him in that category to be top tier even though I think he will be a good signing for a pretty big team all the same

MrSingh2002

If Neves even has half as good a career as Moutinho he will have done well. Neves is too slow and immobile for my liking and isn't someone that will elevate our midfield considering he's been underwhelming in the EPL.

We're Manchester United and should be going after players like Rodri who is a much better player compared to Neves.
What the !@$% are you talking about? Neves has spanked us 3 times and had an incredible season. I guess I'm calling you out as probably not seen much of him. I live in Wolves and have seen alot of him in 2 seasons. He will be a key player in a top champions league team as soon as next season.

I could EASILY see him succeed at United, Liverpool, Bayern. For his age he's incredible.

jesperjaap

Just thinking isn't mutual termination of a contract a thing?

Maybe Sanchez would agree to terminate so that he can play elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind losing him on a free to save the wages. He could then sign a big offer from China or the US since there would be no transfer fee involved.
Been a huge fan throughout his career of his until he came here....although Id be happy to see it anyway, only way we are getting rid of him is CHina or a huge pay off

deadrevelz

Van gaal has been running his mouth again saying he should go to barca or City instead of united. Also people saying he should go to juventus. Apparently de ligt is a fan of the PL and read rio's autobiography, but pretty sure he sees barca as the pinnacle. 80% chance he goes to Spain. 10% to city, United and juventus 5% each.
Its science.

Canagel

What the !@$% are you talking about? Neves has spanked us 3 times and had an incredible season. I guess I'm calling you out as probably not seen much of him. I live in Wolves and have seen alot of him in 2 seasons. He will be a key player in a top champions league team as soon as next season.

I could EASILY see him succeed at United, Liverpool, Bayern. For his age he's incredible.
He's quite overrated. Carries a dangerous long shot but nothing special or stand out to transform our midfield imo. Good season but there's better players out there.

MrSingh2002

Rodri is a beast. A Matic that can run, a Spanish Roy Keane.

Neves is a player who would still need another defensive midfielder playing with him in there. Similar role to Herrera.

I see Neves as an upgrade on Herrera and even Fred. He could play with McTominay/Matic if they are to be our CDMs next season. If its silly season he could play alongside Rodri if he fancies the Premier League.

Neves Rodri Pogba

That would see us have the key CDM for Spain of the next few years, the Portugal CM and the creative midfielder in the French national team. One can dream.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Portuguese poster @Peyroteo has seen him play over 20 x for Wolves and hasn't been impressed. I frequent Wolves forums quite frequently and they have criticised him plenty this season and rate Moutinho as being a level above.

We've lost to Wolves twice this season and he didn't impress me to say he's good enough to improve us. He's quite frankly too slow and doesn't have the mobility of a player like Rodri who we should be targeting. I watched him live when he travelled with Wolves to play Huddersfield and he was dreadful.

We should be targeting players that are excelling at their clubs and Neves is far from excelling at Wolves. The Wolves supporters on their forums also attest to that. He needs to stay at Wolves another season and improve his game because quite frankly he's been underwhelming this season.

MetoTTT

Rodri is a beast. A Matic that can run, a Spanish Roy Keane.

Neves is a player who would still need another defensive midfielder playing with him in there. Similar role to Herrera.

I see Neves as an upgrade on Herrera and even Fred. He could play with McTominay/Matic if they are to be our CDMs next season. If its silly season he could play alongside Rodri if he fancies the Premier League.

Neves Rodri Pogba

That would see us have the key CDM for Spain of the next few years, the Portugal CM and the creative midfielder in the French national team. One can dream.
I really like Rodri. But do you really think he'll want to leave a team Atletico to come here? He was signed 1 season ago so I just don't see that happening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I really like Rodri. But do you really think he'll want to leave a team Atletico to come here? He was signed 1 season ago so I just don't see that happening.
He's asked to leave according to Onda Cero who're a good source normally. Possibly on his way to City..

Kostov

Portuguese poster @Peyroteo has seen him play over 20 x for Wolves and hasn't been impressed. I frequent Wolves forums quite frequently and they have criticised him plenty this season and rate Moutinho as being a level above.

We've lost to Wolves twice this season and he didn't impress me to say he's good enough to improve us. He's quite frankly too slow and doesn't have the mobility of a player like Rodri who we should be targeting. I watched him live when he travelled with Wolves to play Huddersfield and he was dreadful.

We should be targeting players that are excelling at their clubs and Neves is far from excelling at Wolves. The Wolves supporters on their forums also attest to that. He needs to stay at Wolves another season and improve his game because quite frankly he's been underwhelming this season.
Last time I saw Rodri an entire game, I think it was against Juventus the first leg, he was bad. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but the overrating of this guy is getting ridiculous with each post. He looked level bellow Saul in that game.

Kostov

What has Moutinho achieved in this remarkable career of his that makes you think Neves would do well to do half as good?

haram

Last time I saw Rodri an entire game, I think it was against Juventus the first leg, he was bad. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but the overrating of this guy is getting ridiculous with each post. He looked level bellow Saul in that game.
You have only seen him play once?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Last time I saw Rodri an entire game, I think it was against Juventus the first leg he was bad. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but the overrating of this guy is getting ridiculous with each post. He looked level bellow Saul in that game.
That's a fair assessment of that one game. But Rodri is also very quick and mobile which is a huge asset to have for such a elegant player. I've watched him around 30x in the last two seasons for Villarreal and Atleti and he's the real deal. It's easy to see why Xavi has likened him to Busquets and Guardiola seems very interested in signing him.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
if we are targeting players like Gueye then get ready for a long tedious summer, this is why we won't be challenging for the league again for a long time
United haven't really signed underwhelming players aside from Fellaini. The rest there was a good case at the time and they've turned out shite.

Gueye doesn't make sense.

Kostov

113 caps for the reigning European Champions. Only behind Ronaldo and Figo..
I think Neves will easily have 57 caps for Portugal by the end of his career... not sure Ronaldo or Eder would stick around for another fluky European tournament win though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Neves will easily have 57 caps for Portugal by the end of his career... not sure Ronaldo or Eder would stick around for another fluky European tournament win though.
Or Portugal could've better players than Neves coming through and he might get overtaken in the pecking order. Benfica have some very promising midfielders coming through from what I've read.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Neither are as good as Toby.
Both players are young at 21 and 22 respectively. Both players are better than Aldeweireld in aeriel duels and are quicker. Aldeweireld is only older and has experience playing in the EPL over them.

Jim Reaper

Van gaal has been running his mouth again saying he should go to barca or City instead of united. Also people saying he should go to juventus. Apparently de ligt is a fan of the PL and read rio's autobiography, but pretty sure he sees barca as the pinnacle. 80% chance he goes to Spain. 10% to city, United and juventus 5% each.
Its science.
I cannot remember who now but a few dutch legends have spoken about how he is better suited to the prem. Also how his best career option is United.

1st. De Ligt
2nd. Koulibaly
3rd. Varane/Umtiti

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.