Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

What did he do to deserve 200k?
Absolutely nothing. Should be shaking his head in disbelief he gets 80 and the potential for more based on progress. Hit 20 a year regularly then talk 6 figures

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
He wouldn't. City have eight better attackers (B. Silva, D. Silva, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus) and that's just City. He's incredibly overrated.
I wrote about a year ago that I doubt Rashford will ever score 20 League goals in a season simply because he never scores an easy goal. But at the same time, I think he is probably the player at the club who will work hardest to develop and if he can learn 10% of what OGS knew about scoring goals - I could be wrong. After all - look at Raheem Sterling.

NJM78

You guys didnt care about the wage when Martial signed his contract.
I believe and still do that Martial is a better finisher and wide player, just his lazy ass and consistency is what keeps him from being a top player.
I think both at their best Tony is the better player but yeah the precedent is set with high wages so all these players will want close to or equal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Are you sure mate that the Glazers will sell the club this year?
I'm not sure, but there are people who I consider to be good sources of info regarding the club that have information that the Glazers are trying to sell the club. And the Saudi's are very interested in buying us. We'll just have to see how things develop in the coming weeks and months I guess..

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Good, I think another centre back is fool’s good, when actually we need to coach a somewhat settle defence. Good defending is about the unit and not individuals.
Nah we desperately need a commanding centre back. I can't bear to watch another season relying on Jones, Smalling, Bailly and Lindelof. Lindelof is good enough but he needs an even better partner to develop properly imo.

pacifictheme

Good, I think another centre back is fool’s good, when actually we need to coach a somewhat settle defence. Good defending is about the unit and not individuals.
Well when the unit is made up of shit individuals it is sort of about the individuals.

Rocknrolla69er

Dont get the Rashford hate, comfortably our best player at the minute

Imagine him in a team with more creativity

GBBQ

I believe and still do that Martial is a better finisher and wide player, just his lazy ass and consistency is what keeps him from being a top player.
I think both at their best Tony is the better player but yeah the precedent is set with high wages so all these players will want close to or equal.
is it though? I mean we might have to pay it for the best players but there is no leverage that Rashford would have to demand say £300K because no other club in the world would offer it.

IrishMcD

Yeah, he'd get way more chances to miss! ;)
In all seriousness though, we won't get to where we want to be with Rashford being our number one choice to play up front. That's my own personal opinion, feel free to disagree. I genuinely don't think he is clinical enough, doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes (stupid long range efforts/free kicks) and his gold up play isn't top notch either. Again, I know he is a fan favourite with a lot of people and the darling of British media, but I just don't think he is that good. Feel free to throw this back at me when he scores a winning goal in Champions League final, keeping Mbappe out of the team, and securing our Saudi OverLords their 4th consecutive Champions League title. :lol:

deadrevelz

Yeah, he'd get way more chances to miss! ;)
In all seriousness though, we won't get to where we want to be with Rashford being our number one choice to play up front. That's my own personal opinion, feel free to disagree. I genuinely don't think he is clinical enough, doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes (stupid long range efforts/free kicks) and his gold up play isn't top notch either. Again, I know he is a fan favourite with a lot of people and the darling of British media, but I just don't think he is that good. Feel free to throw this back at me when he scores a winning goal in Champions League final, keeping Mbappe out of the team, and securing our Saudi OverLords their 4th consecutive Champions League title. :lol:
He's 21

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Actually if you're talking right now our best player comfortably is either Fred or McTominay. Rashford's been shit since Liverpool broke him

Drz

Mail rumour, new wave of hate for Rashford.
I don't know if it is a matter of hate. But at some point we have to decide what we are as a club. Are we a Club "Med" like PSG or a footballing club.
If it is the latter, and Rashford is actually holding out for 200K+ week: We have to say NO by no uncertain means.
I don't think there is hate for Rashford, atleast I don't hate him. But my position on this matter is clear. He has done nothing to justify such a pay, if he shows quality and consistency the next season I'd consider it.

Ban

I don't know if it is a matter of hate. But at some point we have to decide what we are as a club. Are we a Club "Med" like PSG or a footballing club.
If it is the latter, and Rashford is actually holding out for 200K+ week: We have to say NO by no uncertain means.
I don't think there is hate for Rashford, atleast I don't hate him. But my position on this matter is clear. He has done nothing to justify such a pay, if he shows quality and consistency the next season I'd consider it.
I agree about the salary but he's been getting a dog's abuse on these boards and the rumour has just intensified it.

youmeletsfly

Don't laugh, Martial will focus on the Balon D'Or once he is done arguing with his exes and flings on social media.:)
If Martial ever wins the BDO I'll kill myself with an olive fork. (and yes, I did spot the funny side of your post, but just sayin')

Drz

I agree about the salary but he's been getting a dog's abuse on these boards and the rumour has just intensified it.
That is a shame. I don't think players should be subject to abuse, criticism is fair. Abuse is generally over the top.
The forum is in quite a state. I think people let their emotions take over in these situations, whilst there has been and there can be a debate about who is better etc... A portion of posters will always react with emotion to bad news, particularly when regarding a player they care about/rate.
I have learned to ignore a first statement of fury (I'm pretty sure I've succombed to emotion too), but if they insist or go on a crusade people do tend to take exception and call them up on it.

It is hard not to get emotional with a club we love, but shouldn't keep wiser heads from progressing the conversation.
So back to transfers, we have got our hands full it seems.

United_We_Stand

"... Rashford is out of contract at the end of next season but, while the club have an option to extend that by a further 12 months to June 2021, talks over a new deal have cooled. Barcelona are among the clubs being linked with Rashford. United are believed to be relaxed about the situation..."

Status
Not open for further replies.