Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

After the season we just had and the players overall performances I cant get my head around how an individual can demand ridiculous sums. If he is indeed seeking that as salary then can piss off but if its performance based bonuses included I can live with that.
If Martial is indeed getting 250k a week then he'll want something similar.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rashford stays. If he leaves, he’s going to one of the very best clubs around. No way we should let him go.

TsuWave

Rashford wanting £200K is madness. what has he even accomplished? doesn't even have one season with 15 goals in all comps, not even just in the league, under his belt.

what a joke.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rashford can leave. Enough is enough and we shouldn't let anyone hold the club for ransom.

And he has done nothing to suggest he is worth that money. There will be lot of media outrage with him being the golden buy, honestly I don't care. Let's be ruthless .

dove

Does it feck. We'd be better than arsenal and Chelsea. Still way off city and pool though.
Would we? I constantly see these fantasy lineups with Martial - Rashford - Sancho as front 3 but it would never ever work and we would struggle to score 40 league goals in the season.

Bojan11

Would we? I constantly see these fantasy lineups with Martial - Rashford - Sancho as front 3 but it would never ever work and we would struggle to score 40 league goals in the season.
Sancho would improve our right wing. But the other two just aren’t consistent enough. Rashford isn’t getting us 20 league goals nor is Martial. In my opinion we should sign two attackers in the summer and have one of Rashford or Martial fight for the left wing spot.

Devil may care

Does it feck. We'd be better than arsenal and Chelsea. Still way off city and pool though.
This of course assuming that Arsenal just sit on their hands for the entire window, for starters they have two better strikers than us which is a game changing situation, us just adding another kid to a frontline already devoid of experience will see us continue to lag behind City, Liverpool and Spurs, and the other 3 are just not players that will take us a level up from where we are, a big guy in midfield who is mediocre on the ball, a long range shooter who wont get the space to do what he does in Portugal, and a RB that is crap when he crosses the halfway line aren't the answer to our issues, and they'll cost a fecking bomb for us to fight it out for 4th at best if Chelsea's ban holds.

deadrevelz

Well we're currently level with them both so yeah.

deadrevelz

This of course assuming that Arsenal just sit on their hands for the entire window, for starters they have two better strikers than us which is a game changing situation, us just adding another kid to a frontline already devoid of experience will see us continue to lag behind City, Liverpool and Spurs, and the other 3 are just not players that will take us a level up from where we are, a big guy in midfield who is mediocre on the ball, a long range shooter who wont get the space to do what he does in Portugal, and a RB that is crap when he crosses the halfway line aren't the answer to our issues, and they'll cost a fecking bomb for us to fight it out for 4th at best if Chelsea's ban holds.
Like I said, better than Chelsea and arsenal, not close to city and pool.
Not arguing about our team or those players per se, just calling out your ott post. ;)

Devil may care

Like I said, better than Chelsea and arsenal, not close to city and pool.
Not arguing about our team or those players per se, just calling out your ott post. ;)
Again your call out falls flat because they don't make us any better than Arsenal or Chelsea because you're going off the idea that Arsenal wont buy, Chelsea's ban will hold and a kid is going to turn our crappy frontline into more of a threat, or that those 2 CM additions are going to make us better than the Pogba/Fred/McTominay midfield which I don't think they are, that side has 6th place written all over it, lots of sideways buying for huge sums of money, and more placing kids in spots where they have way too much responsibility.

deadrevelz

Again your call out falls flat because they don't make us any better than Arsenal or Chelsea because you're going off the idea that Arsenal wont buy, Chelsea's ban will hold and a kid is going to turn our crappy frontline into more of a threat, or that those 2 CM additions are going to make us better than the Pogba/Fred/McTominay midfield which I don't think they are, that side has 6th place written all over it, lots of sideways buying for huge sums of money, and more placing kids in spots where they have way too much responsibility.
Arsenal wont spend much and are losing Ramsey. Chelsea may be banned, either way they are losing their best player.
We are level with them despite our crap season.

haram

You guys didnt care about the wage when Martial signed his contract.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You guys didnt care about the wage when Martial signed his contract.
Here we go again. There were many people questioning Martial’s salary, and tbh, the reporting of his earnings was rather vague anyway.

haram

Here we go again. There were many people questioning Martial’s salary, and tbh, the reporting of his earnings was rather vague anyway.
Well regardless, the precedent has been set so we cant exactly be surprised if Rashford is asking for 200k.

The Nani

So is Jovic actually off the market then? Seems odd to make a player permanent only to sell a few months later. Have a hard time buying that logic or why Frankfurt would sell considering they just got him for basically nothing.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So is Jovic actually off the market then? Seems odd to make a player permanent only to sell a few months later. Have a hard time buying that logic or why Frankfurt would sell considering they just got him for basically nothing.
Not odd at all, they had a 2 year loan with a purchase option, they where always going to trigger that option. All it means is, that IF he gets sold in the summer, Frankfurt get the bulk of the transfer fee, it's just great business for them, a no-brainer whichever way it works out.

A big factor wil be if they qualify for Champions League. If they do, then they don't need to sell for the money, plus he may want to stay anyway for a season. But if he carries on playing like he has been, they will cash in sooner than later. It'd be a massive fee for a club like Frankurt, and I don't mean that as insult - they are a great club. But they have never spent or recived more than a few million on one player.

Last edited:

The Nani

Not odd at all, they had a 2 year loan with a purchase option, they where always going to trigger that option. All it means is, that IF he gets sold in the summer, Frankfurt get the bulk of the transfer fee, it's just great business for them, a no-brainer whichever way it works out.

A big factor wil be if they qualify for Champions League. If they do, then they certainly don't need to sell for the money, plus he may want to stay anyway for a season. But if he carries on playing like he has been, they will cash in sooner than later.
Cheers. Music to me ears. :D

What’s your take on Sancho moving this summer if you don’t mind me asking ?

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Cheers. Music to me ears. :D

What’s your take on Sancho moving this summer if you don’t mind me asking ?
Only way I see it happening is if he starts kicking up a fuss and wants to move. Otherwise I think he stays for another season. These days Dortmund are in a good place financially, so they don't need to sell for the money. And he has long enough on his contract for that not to be an issue this summer.

I know he will leave eventually but I actually think staying one more season with Dortmund would be very good for his development, and for Dortmund of course!

The Nani

Only way I see it happening is if he starts kicking up a fuss and wants to move. Otherwise I think he stays for another season. These days Dortmund are in a good place financially, so they don't need to sell for the money. And he has long enough on his contract for that not to be an issue this summer.

I know he will leave eventually but I actually think staying one more season with Dortmund would be very good for his development, and for Dortmund of course!
Can’t disagree with any of that.

When he does move, you’re getting an absolute bomb of a fee.

ti vu

What did he do to deserve 200k?
Who knows? He may just look at Martial wage and want something similar. people may demand who is better between the two, but the fact is Rashford is favored and ulitized more by both OGS and Mourinho.

Matst1

Rashford wanting £200K is madness. what has he even accomplished? doesn't even have one season with 15 goals in all comps, not even just in the league, under his belt.

what a joke.
it’s the daily mail

Status
Not open for further replies.