Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Falcao was a loan and it was a waste of a year.
Aren't we capable of judging players individually rather than compare to another.

Just because Falcao failed doesn't mean another loan signing would...

hubbuh

So we sent him back. Hence the low-risk.

Tevez was on loan too.
Low risk in the sense that we weren't bound to him for more than a year. Complete and utter abject failure in the sense that the club were totally woeful when it came to actually playing football.

hubbuh

Aren't we capable of judging players individually rather than compare to another.

Just because Falcao failed doesn't mean another loan signing would...
feck me if we actually gun for Bale then the club fecking deserves it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Low risk in the sense that we weren't bound to him for more than a year. Complete and utter abject failure in the sense that the club were totally woeful when it came to actually playing football.
‘The club were totally woeful’ or Falcao was totally woeful? Ultimately, every signing has risk attached. Falcao has a market value of at least £50m at the time. Any which way you look at it (except retrospectively), getting him on loan was low risk.

Matt007a

I don’t think there are any questions about Bale’s ability. He is miles ahead of anyone we have currently. But he will spend half of each season injured and his wages will probably be close to Sanchez level. We need to get our wages back under control!

R77

I've not been into the idea of signing Bale at all, but a loan? Mmmmm. That could be a consideration. Knowing our luck, he'd pass the interview (loan period) with flying colours, then immediately decline sharply or get a long term injury as soon as it was made permanent.

The wages would likely be an issue in either case though.

In Rainbows

I would be fine with Bale if we got rid of Sanchez. Can't have two potentially dead weight has beens on enormous wages. On the other hand, couldn't we use that freed up money to tempt someone like de Ligt?

Ether

Bale wouldn't be motivated to play his best after being forced out by Madrid, we saw that with Di Maria. Souness was right about one thing, never sign players from clubs like Madrid who think they're doing you a favour by joining.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bale wouldn't be motivated to play his best after being forced out by Madrid, we saw that with Di Maria. Souness was right about one thing, never sign players from clubs like Madrid who think they're doing you a favour by joining.
So once a player leaves Madrid the only option is China or USA?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Forget Bale. Too old. Too injury prone. Too much in wages.

Sign Hirving Lozano, Nicolas Pepe, Bergwijn etc.

Devil may care

Bale's attitude stinks, he's clung around a club where they haven't wanted him for ages, he's always injured in a soft league and scores the odd screamer here and there to con people into thinking he still has it. Not only is he past it but he's the exact type of menatlity we need to get out of the club, not invite in, even if it is as a guest rather than a permanent resident.

Ether

So once a player leaves Madrid the only option is China or USA?
No, but it depends on the player's attitude. The likes of Di Maria, Morata and to a lesser extent Ozil seemed to take a hit mentally when leaving the club, whereas players like Robben, Van Der Vaart and Higuain continued to play a high level at their new clubs. Bale would seem to me to fit into the former, especially given that he's being pushed out rather looking to leave to push on elsewhere.

Denis79

Just spend the money on de Ligt. Despite his age, he's a leader and has world class talent. If we managed to sign him, and another world class talent, with no other money spent, I would be happy at this point.

Enough gambling on relatively unknown players like Fred, Darmian, and Bailly.
Pretty sure Darmian was voted player of the year in the Italian national team before we bought him, he just never settled to the Premier League unfortunately

jesperjaap

I’d be up for a loan deal as one of our additions.
I would definately not want to buy Bale....however if we are making 5 signings max and Bale as an additional option on a loan, would be a great deal for me.
It would allow us to get rid of Sanchez and Martial, whilst still buying a cb, rb, 2cm and right winger. Would also give a season for Greenwood & Chong to break in without the pressure of being first choices.
Not to mention, though he has his injuries and is just past his peak, be a great loan in terms of a world class player for some of our youngsters to learn from and lift us.

POF

Agree. Paying a huge transfer fee and wages is a no go but a loan on subsidised wages would make the deal possible. The club desperately needs an experienced talisman in attack and Bale's goals from wide would take the pressure off Rashford as a number 9.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Agree. Paying a huge transfer fee and wages is a no go but a loan on subsidised wages would make the deal possible. The club desperately needs an experienced talisman in attack and Bale's goals from wide would take the pressure off Rashford as a number 9.
For the 25 games out of 50 odd he is fit for. Yippppeeee

BlueHaze

Please, just stop.. With all the injuries he picks up left right and centre he is practically handicapped for fecks sake. And he plays in a less physical league as well. His knackered and fragile body will never be able to cope with the premier league. He will just be collecting massive wages to do literally feck all just like Sanchez. Loan or not signing him is only something a completely inept person like Woodward would do. You should know better than that..

POF

For the 25 games out of 50 odd he is fit for. Yippppeeee
I agree but, with the upgrades needed, who else will the club be able to attract for next season if they're playing Europa League football?

Bale has been a talisman for Spurs and Wales (and even Real at times). There is nobody in the current squad who looks remotely capable of being the go to guy in attack. £100m on Sancho won't change that either in the short term.

redpatron

It’s makes too much sense if we are getting rid of Lukaku. Bale for a gap year to cover 10-15 goals while we wait for another #9 to emerge for a transfer in 2020.

I just can’t see this club performing well with martial and rashford as the primary goal scorers.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Telefoot is reliable, right?

That would do even if I dont want it to happen. Bring in Bruno as a replacement.

J_XO

Hard to be optimistic with all the negative buzz around us at the moment. We need a huge overhaul but the manager has already come out and said we'll sign less than 6.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We paid €110m and he still has three years left. He'll cost more than that.

deafepl

I can imagine 150m is a base fee, 10m+ if he wins league, 15m if he wins UCL and other add on+

Hard to be optimistic with all the negative buzz around us at the moment. We need a huge overhaul but the manager has already come out and said we'll sign less than 6.
There is a fair amount of negative buzz around United at present,the majority of it is justified unfortunately. But I still expect a promising summer ahead,even if the likes of DDG and Pogba leave.This could potentially be the summer that United get their act together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.