Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
80 million for Zaha, has the world gone completely fecking mad?

Art Vandelay

Personally no. Look at Guardiolas first two summers at CIty and there was a huge turnaround of players. Got rid of players he didnt rate and replaced them. These things take time if you do them in stages.

Worst part of it for me is even promoting some of our youngsters, we will have another year of deadwood and under performing players and ones past there peak probably....Jones, Young, Matic, Sanchez, Martial, Perreira will all still be here preseason...expect only Rojo, Darmian to be certain leavers and possibly Mata and Herrera contract wise.....a £200m warchest with pretty much nothing added to itfrom outgoings isnt really a huge amount to spend on 4/5 top quality players if you think about it.

As much as I love Solkjear and the job he has done so far overall. Looking deeper, past the honeymoon period, the contracts given to the likes of Jones and Young, the apparent faith he is giving players even though he has already publicy stated about reality checks and that he is looking at a sensible long term approach as you put it......managers dont really have that much time and I would hate for fans to turn on him......but call it a knee jerk reaction, forgetting playing style, I think Mourinho had the right reading of the players in his squad (all be it he bought a lot of them) but the wrong personality......I am already starting to feel Solkjear has the right personality but maybe not the right reading or ruthlessness of the players he has.
We need to give him time on that one. He hasn't really got many options but to play some of them and he saw what happened with Mourinho. He's possibly trying to keep them onside for now in case it gets toxic again. We've already seen the performance levels drop, so maybe he's given them some of the truths Mourinho did behind closed doors and they couldn't take it off him either.

deafepl

Going to agree with Ole on academy stuff, we don't need a bigger squad, if we get 6 or more players coming in, we'd be disjointed and no chemistry between teammate on pitches, it'll take us awhile to play better as together and it is going to block the path for our academy like Greenwood, Garner, etc to become squad players and possibly become the first choice in the future. Also, there's a factor in PL wage growth cap that could have an impact on our transfer window

I'd like a slow approach with at least 3 players coming in, it's not the end of the world, we can do again next summer when we'll have an idea which we want to improve.

If we sign 4 players this summer, the first starter for RB, LCB, CM, and RW. Relegate Matic, Lingard, Young, Smalling to squad players. Rojo, Darmain, Mata, Herrera, and Valencia is leaving this summer

Promote one of Chong, Gomes, Mason Greenwood or Garner to the senior squad for the season 2019/20, no more for U23 and U18.

For 2020 summer, We'd be searching for forwarder players if Martial, Lukaku or Rashford had an average season, possibly another CM for depth unless they'd be a starter if one of our CM is not up to the job we expected from them and another CB is likely

Garner to replace Matic by the time he's turning 20, Laird or Connor to replace Young as squad players,

Matic, Young, Valencia, Rojo, Darmain, Mata, Herrera. Bailly will be likely to leave United over next two season, There's possible Lukaku, Andreas and Bailly could leave.

If we get two summer window plan right, I think we'll be better in shape with less deadwood.

Everton, Fulham, and Milan had an overhaul and spend a crazy amount of money on the transfer window, they failed to deliver up to their expectation, I don't want the same things for us.

Devil may care

I expect some tweets tonight linking United to some cracking players, Woody will be briefing like a motherfecker for the rest of the day, he'll have to leave the Easter Egg hunt with Avram and Joel at the Golf club until tomorrow.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But this kind of signing is exactly what's wrong with the club.
‘Bad’ signings are what is wrong with the club. You can never be certain whether one will be good or bad, especially when it involves a good footballer.

We need an experienced forward, in my opinion. Taking a top one on loan is a gamble worth taking.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
‘Bad’ signings are what is wrong with the club. You can never be certain whether one will be good or bad, especially when it involves a good footballer.

We need an experienced forward, in my opinion. Taking a top one on loan is a gamble worth taking.
I just can't handle another "marquee" signing who's past his best, injury prone, on a downward trajectory and on massive wages.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I just can't handle another "marquee" signing who's past his best, injury prone, on a downward trajectory and on massive wages.
But at the same time you would love another Van Persie season from somewhere, I suspect. No risk, no reward, and low risk is better than a high one.

In Rainbows

But at the same time you would love another Van Persie season from somewhere, I suspect. No risk, no reward, and low risk is better than a high one.
Yeah, but that's different from Bale. Bale is being forced out. RVP had his best season with Arsenal and forced his way out for lack of ambition.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'd love a player that Solkjaer or our scouts feel is the RIGHT player for us going forward, with the right personality, temperament, ability, potential -regardless of current status, value, reputation, marketability, etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah, but that's different from Bale. Bale is being forced out. RVP had his best season with Arsenal and forced his way out for lack of ambition.
Well of course it’s different, two cases are highly likely to be identical. The main similarity, is the quality of the footballer.

hubbuh

By what metric could Bale be considered low risk? Consistently injured, exorbitant wages, ageing, 'Galactico' big name. It stinks.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd love a player that Solkjaer or our scouts feel is the RIGHT player for us going forward, with the right personality, temperament, ability, potential -regardless of current status, value, reputation, marketability, etc.
And if that person is Gareth Bale?

In Rainbows

Just spend the money on de Ligt. Despite his age, he's a leader and has world class talent. If we managed to sign him, and another world class talent, with no other money spent, I would be happy at this point.

Enough gambling on relatively unknown players like Fred, Darmian, and Bailly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
By what metric could Bale be considered low risk? Consistently injured, exorbitant wages, ageing, 'Galactico' big name. It stinks.
By the metric that he would be a loan signing. And you forgot to add ‘quality footballer’ to that list.

It’s about balancing all factors I guess.

Ahsan_6386

With the way Martial is performing on the left wing I won't mind Bale coming in on loan and helping out . With most of our resources going on for other positions in the coming transfer window a loan deal will make sense . If we can get rid of Sanchez and bring in Bale then I would be fine with that .

In Rainbows

Well of course it’s different, two cases are highly likely to be identical. The main similarity, is the quality of the footballer.
Is it though? One is being forced out, and the other forced his way out for greater ambition. It's not the same thing.

Red_toad

Just spend the money on de Ligt. Despite his age, he's a leader and has world class talent. If we managed to sign him, and another world class talent, with no other money spent, I would be happy at this point.

Unknown Darmian? What rock you live under? He was a very good player prior to joining United. We could also feck up De Ligt, any signing is a risk.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is it though? One is being forced out, and the other forced his way out for greater ambition. It's not the same thing.
It’s obviously not the same thing because one plays for Real Madrid and the other played for Arsenal. The same outcome is the only hope here.

Classical Mechanic

De Ligt probably doesn’t want to join us and hows our relationship with Mino currently?

In Rainbows

Unknown Darmian? What rock you live under? He was a very good player prior to joining United. We could also feck up De Ligt, any signing is a risk.
When I mean unknown, it doesn't mean they're completely unknown. I'm comparing them to someone like de Ligt, Sancho, Pogba, etc...

Darmian was probably more similar to someone like Herrera.

De Ligt probably doesn’t want to join us and hows our relationship with Mino currently?
Just need to ignore Mino. Barca are fine with Mino apparently. People want to sell Pogba because he's the only one that could fetch us money. Buying de Ligt is worth it, because people would still want him even if he does want out.

Nobody wants our duds that had no hype behind them. Those are the true gambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.