Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

:confused: I wasn't being sarcastic. I also don't think Mourinho's assessment should be wholly dismissed, however, like I said, testimonies regarding Pogba are overwhelmingly positive from Conte to Allegri to Deschamps, as well as fellow players. Mourinho also has a checkered history of falling out with players.
Mate I was one of the fans drumming him to be made captain even after his first season, that was when I was back in the newbies. I wanted him captain instead of Herrera who many louder him back then. I thought making him captain would elevate him the leader we need. Then I realized I was wrong. He’s not you can rely upon. He’s badly inconsistent and no captain material in my book along with other stupid things he does. Whether that falls in line with what other have said it doesn’t matter to me. We United fans have seen him first hand, if that’s a captain for you so be it, I don’t rathe his leadership at all.

Rolaholic

Citeh are a well oiled machine adding strength on top of strength seamlessly,I'm quite envious...

While we're stuck debating whether we need to sell the little quality we possess in the squad :(

Last edited:

Welbeckham

Would absolutely hate it if City get him too. Looks like a generational talent. Like before with Silva, Aguero, Bernardo, KdB, Fernandinho etc., the amount of brilliant players that we have missed out on is staggering.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It makes far more sense for him city and us that he ends up at City.

2 clubs in different places. Major rebuild here.

FujiVice

We missed out on talents under him, left, right and centre.
He never missed out on them. He always wanted whatever new talent was coming up, but Martin Edwards would never break our wage structure. "We dont need Zidane when we have Cantona in the side." etc.

Personally I feel every player should reconsider joining us this summer.
Honestly which player would be wise to join a failing top club with a stadium that is falling apart and looks dated managed by a guy who was last year coaching a Norwegian team.

How do you do white text ?

United_We_Stand

"...United would want to make a profit on a player who has scored 42 goals in 93 appearances, so it may be difficult to find a buyer who would also have to match Lukaku's wages of £250,000 a week...
Juventus or Inter Milan could be among the options if Antonio Conte is appointed by either club this summer after the Italian coach tried to sign Lukaku for Chelsea before he chose United two years ago..."

breakout67

Supports
Man City
United wont make a profit on Lukaku.
Can you be surprised that a club that wanted to make their money back off Matteo fecking Darmian is trying to make a profit from Lukaku? Money obsessed with no football expertise. Anyone with some sense knew that we bought the best of a mediocre bunch with Lukaku, because there were no world class strikers available. There was always going to be a loss of value if we wanted to sell him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

:(
I don't get it really. If there's six players that are attainable and are what we need then why rule it out? It's not like we don't need it, we may need far more than that in reality.

It wouldn't surprise me if Real Madrid signed a good number of top players this summer and challenge on all fronts, whilst we run with this "one step at a time" nonsense.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
As if the Glazers/board would sanction 6 incoming players. We renewed Rojo's contract and then said that we would only get a new defender in if we sold him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
As if the Glazers/board would sanction 6 incoming players. We renewed Rojo's contract and then said that we would only get a new defender in if we sold him.
We did sign six players in both summers under LvG. But yes six players this summer is very unlikely.

Sterling Archer

pretty sensible approach isn't it?
It is, so long as it's over two summers and not 'never'. We are at a place where we can and need to clear out the squad. I would personally be okay with this calculated approach, missing Champions League for the next season and then the final touches next summer setting us up for a second season under Ole where we might challenge for the title.

But will that happen? Or will we expect an overnight transformation over one window with only a handful of transfers?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We did sign six players in both summers under LvG. But yes six players this summer is very unlikely.
Different time, buying 6 players back then would not impact our financials considerably. But buying 6 players now would. We didn't even break £180m under LVG, that'll get you 3 good players nowadays, or 2 if you want a world class player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So a replacement for Herrera, Mata, Valencia and a CB. All depends on the quality and how far down the list we end up at.

Does seem the bare minimum though
Bare minimum maybe but if that is the case then every position that needs strengthening will be

prateik

We dont have a small squad.. so replacements for players is fine as long as we are upgrading.. Like for like transfers wont really help.

A RB, Midfielder, Right winger, CB and a striker..
5 good players will help us improve a lot..

Not that easy to find them though.

striker is option btw.. a top quality attacker is what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.