Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

People who want Lukaku gone:lol: who’s going to be scoring the goals? Martial & Rashford is it? If he wants to go then fine but it’s not like we have a world class striker waiting on the bench. We’re struggling to score goals as it is.

El-Manos

I love transfer muppet season. It's great seeing everyone post the same copy and paste hypothetical future first IX, usually comprised of whomever is the flavour of the moment. Rice, Wan-Bissaka, etc. I remember when we missed out on Ronaldinho and half the caf was convinced Damien Duff was the answer to that dilemma. :lol:
They don’t have a notion. Then again, our scouts apparently don’t either :lol:

BlueHaze

People who want Lukaku gone:lol: who’s going to be scoring the goals? Martial & Rashford is it? If he wants to go then fine but it’s not like we have a world class striker waiting on the bench. We’re struggling to score goals as it is.
Replace the donkey with Piatek.

Hoof the ball

They don’t have a notion. Then again, our scouts apparently don’t either :lol:
I can imagine a cabal of 52 of our scouts, sat round a big circular table.

Head Scout - "Right, there's 52 of us, scouring the world for young potential! What do we have so far?"
Scout 1 - "Rice and Wan-Bissaka"
Head Scout - Rice and...feck me...anyone in Europe?"
Scout 2 - "Uh, there's Sancho"
Head Scout - "...however did you unearth that little gem?"
Scout 46 - "Redcafe Transfer Tweets thread"
Head Scout - "(silence).......Gaitan still available?"

red_de_pologne

It would piss me off no end if he goes there and suddenly becomes this Goliath of a midfielder, who controls games, inspires his teammates and generally becomes the player we know he can be.
you just know he will.. and it's no rocket science, surround him with world class talent and he will play at his best

Head Scout - "Right, there's 52 of us, scouring the world for young potential! What do we have so far?"
:lol::lol:

TsuWave

The leader :lol::lol::lol:

200m then for his leadership it’s worth it...
plenty reports said he was a leader for the world cup winning squad. Deschamps said it too. That cover also says that he's personality on and off the pitch is key for Zidane.

People keep trying to have digs at Pogba, but by most accounts, Mourinho excluded, he's a model professional and leader. United just has a bunch of shit players.

El-Manos

:lol:Fact

Kostov

plenty reports said he was a leader for the world cup winning squad. Deschamps said it too. That cover also says that he's personality on and off the pitch is key for Zidane.

People keep trying to have digs at Pogba, but by most accounts, Mourinho excluded, he's a model professional and leader. United just has a bunch of shit players.
I don’t need Deschamps to make my own opinion on Pogba and his leadership abilities. He’s got personality that’s fine, but Mourinho rightfully took the captain armband away from him, and let’s hope it stays that way.

Suv666

I love transfer muppet season. It's great seeing everyone post the same copy and paste hypothetical future first IX, usually comprised of whomever is the flavour of the moment. Rice, Wan-Bissaka, etc. I remember when we missed out on Ronaldinho and half the caf was convinced Damien Duff was the answer to that dilemma. :lol:
Seriously no point in trying to figure out who we'll buy and how the player will turn out.
I remember everyone drooling over Schmidfield, the CAF was convinced we'd take over Europe with that midfield :lol::lol:

Chairman Steve

And then Ed and his marketing posse at the head of the table chime in

“Is this Sancho kid a well known star? Has he been on the front of a FIFA game?”
“...well no, Ed, he’s a-“
“Well me and my marketing posse can’t pursue that! Why can’t we just get Bale? Think of the shirt sales and marketing we could pull from that! We can get him to front our new golf club sponsor partner!”

Hoof the ball

And then Ed and his marketing posse at the head of the table chime in

“Is this Sancho kid a well known star? Has he been on the front of a FIFA game?”
“...well no, Ed, he’s a-“
“Well me and my marketing posse can’t pursue that! Why can’t we just get Bale? Think of the shirt sales and marketing we could pull from that! We can get him to front our new golf club sponsor partner!”
:lol:

Bale would be of more use to the Umbrella Corporation than us.

TsuWave

I don’t need Deschamps to make my own opinion on Pogba and his leadership abilities. He’s got personality that’s fine, but Mourinho rightfully took the captain armband away from him, and let’s hope it stays that way.
My bad, had not realized you had a better insight on his leadership abilities. as a spectator, I make my judgements based on what I see but insight from those that experienced it in first person is always welcomed, in the case of Pogba those testimonies are overwhelmingly positive. I often see posters conflating shouting and frowning caricatures with good leadership skills but hey, it is what it is, Zidane seemingly believes he's a leader, and key at that, we'll see how it plays out. Ideally, for me, he stays.

Kostov

My bad, had not realized you had a better insight on his leadership abilities. as a spectator, I make my judgements based on what I see but insight from those that experienced it in first person is always welcomed, in the case of Pogba those testimonies are overwhelmingly positive. I often see posters conflating shouting and frowning caricatures with good leadership skills but hey, it is what it is, Zidane seemingly believes he's a leader, and key at that, we'll see how it plays out. Ideally, for me, he stays.
Well strange how your sarcasm works against you on this one. Yeah you have a point those who have more insight might have a better picture about his leadership skills.

That way isn’t Mourinho with the best insight having managed him for over 2 years? Unlike Deschamp who sees him every 2 months or Zidane who’s never even worked with him?

Nick7

Mourinho made Pogba a scapegoat by taking the armband off him. He succeeded and somehow Pogba became enemy number 1 for a few months. It's mad how well his mind games worked with our supporters. The fallout is still there.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Lukaku is disliked by many of this forum. Even when he is on a good run of form, people criticize his game. Considering how costly goalscorers are in the market, we'd have to pay up twice if not more what we'd get for him.

Having said that, I don't think Ole has a place for him in his XI at all. He's too obsessed with 'Rashy', so he's going to be our future no. 9 into next season and we'll have to accept that.

TsuWave

Well strange how your sarcasm works against you on this one. Yeah you have a point those who have more insight might have a better picture about his leadership skills.

That way isn’t Mourinho with the best insight having managed him for over 2 years? Unlike Deschamp who sees him every 2 months or Zidane who’s never even worked with him?
:confused: I wasn't being sarcastic. I also don't think Mourinho's assessment should be wholly dismissed, however, like I said, testimonies regarding Pogba are overwhelmingly positive from Conte to Allegri to Deschamps, as well as fellow players. Mourinho also has a checkered history of falling out with players.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Mourinho made Pogba a scapegoat by taking the armband off him. He succeeded and somehow Pogba became enemy number 1 for a few months. It's mad how well his mind games worked with our supporters. The fallout is still there.
You may be right, but my opinion of Pogba has no relation to Mourinho. His attitude after we went 2-0 down to Barca is a prime example. It’s a laugh when people call him a leader when he half-arses it by losing the ball in our half multiple times, and kicks out at players.

Rolaholic

You may be right, but my opinion of Pogba has no relation to Mourinho. His attitude after we went 2-0 down to Barca is a prime example. It’s a laugh when people call him a leader when he half-arses it by losing the ball in our half multiple times, and kicks out at players.
The main people who have labelled him a leader were those in the dressing room of a World Cup winning squad

I'm pretty sure Zidane would value their insight

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

I'll drive him to the airport and buy his ticket to any of those destinations if legit

Feel like he'd put up huge numbers in Germany and the Farmers league
That's not what the guardian article says though. It says those clubs have been 'sounded out' regarding his availability, which basically means his agent is out there shopping him around.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The main people who have labelled him a leader were those in the dressing room of a World Cup winning squad

I'm pretty sure Zidane would value their insight
Well if he’s only a leader for the National Team, then it’s still fairly useless. He’s only taken United by the scruff of the neck to a victory once in his time here which was against City.

Rolaholic

Well if he’s only a leader for the National Team, then it’s still fairly useless. He’s only taken United by the scruff of the neck to a victory once in his time here which was against City.
Well Ole and a few of our players,including Captain United Herrera, have talked up his leadership as well in the past but I'll take your word for it over theirs...

SER19

I'll drive him to the airport and buy his ticket to any of those destinations if legit

Feel like he'd put up huge numbers in Germany and the Farmers league
If psg are actually keen it's imperative we absolutely fleece them. Though Woodward will put on his best poker face and ask for 32m in 4 years of installments and a further 20k if he wins the ballon dor

Tarrou

Find it so odd that people want Lukaku sold.
I was never a big fan but I've warmed to him since he's arrived. I like him now, and I'd like it if we kept him on as a good rotation option and variation to have, but it seems as though Ole doesn't see him as our first choice striker. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but if it's true it's probably for the best he moves. He's in his prime and should be starting the majority of games at this stage in his career.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
PSG enquiring about Lukaku?
With Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar, he's not getting many games there!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well Ole and a few of our players,including Captain United Herrera, have talked up his leadership as well in the past but I'll take your word for it over theirs...
No need to be arsey. We needed a leader against Barca and he needed to step up, and he did quite the opposite.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He offers extremely little in terms of build up/hold up play, we don’t create enough chances for him and he’s not clinical. I think it’s quite fair people want him sold. It is odd that people think we’re going to find a good enough replacement that is going to want to come right now.

Flytan

He offers extremely little in terms of build up/hold up play, we don’t create enough chances for him and he’s not clinical. I think it’s quite fair people want him sold. It is odd that people think we’re going to find a good enough replacement that is going to want to come right now.
He's still the most clinical forward we have. Rashford/Martial are too inconsistent to rely on them. Absolutely baffles me that people don't see this.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sell Lukaku ? Seriously? And replace with whom?
Rashford ? Martial ? players who has never seen 20 mark until now .
We we are talking about a guy who has scored 20 goals consistently.

Emrethis

Its probably because his bad points, like awful first touch and technique are horrendous viewing at times.

That being said, if we do bring in a new starting striker, then surely he has to leave. He can't be spending his prime years on the bench.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s not a £75 million striker.
Never was, never will be.
Its probably because his bad points, like awful first touch and technique are horrendous viewing at times.

That being said, if we do bring in a new starting striker, then surely he has to leave. He can't be spending his prime years on the bench.
His hold up play since Ole came has been very good. In the big European games he's proven to be a great outlet and the only dependable player forward not losing the ball. You just knew we would have zero going forward when Ole took him off for Martial in the Barcelona match.

He's a lot better than Rashford in terms of the whole package. He's terribly underrated on this forum because he has the occasional bad first touch, but the truth is he's lethal in the box, has a physical presence that every team needs a good option of, is open to working in different areas to help the team and under a good manager is capable of sustained 20-25 goal a season form.

There are a lot of other attackers I'd sell before thinking of selling Lukaku. You can't even replace him with a striker as justified in overall goals as he is. Giving him a pass under half this season from Mourinho (like we have done with everyone else), I cannot think of many other players who we can buy that suddenly carry the goal burden like he can, if trusted to lead the line consistently.

Anyway everyone's open to their views but I just find it weird that people want to see us trying to flog him.

Status
Not open for further replies.