Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Let's be honest. We'd be lucky to get £50m without subsidizing his wages.
That should be true considering the wages and fact he isnt and never has been very good in my opinion, I never wanted us to sign him, think it was an awful signing for an awful fee.....

However, lets not forget he was one of the top scorers at the world cup, is still young and guarantees a good goal return and is a big and strong powerful player......mainly the reasons we shelled out so much for him, yes that is all misleading as his poor decisiveness actually cost Belgium I think when they got knocked out, his goals come in literally 2/3 bursts in a season and when not on those bursts he is generally abysmal, he may be big and strong but with hi sfirst touch and aerial ability he is an awful target man.

jesperjaap

I agree. He's at the age where he needs to play regularly, and he knows that chances of this happening is fairly low if he remains at Utd next season.

It'd be interesting to see who we are replacing him with, we talk a lot about bringing a new RW but no.9 is also a top priority and seems to have overlooked in the transfer discussion
Think a lot of that depends on the faith the management have in Greenwood and possibly Gomes to step up next season, squad wise and if the faith is there, which positions they would be wishing to integrate them in.

I cant think of many potentially available number 9s at the right age....hopefully a reason why a few big clubs will consider paying relatively big for Lukaku

MonkeysMagic

If Madrid are willing to pay £100m for Hazard who has only 1 yr remaining on his contract, why should we settle for anything less than £160m for Pogba!

RuudTom83

Madrid will need Pogba to kick up a fuss, because Woody might be an idiot but his ego won’t bow down to Spain. It would take a massive transfer to get Paul this summer.

A fee so big that United fans wouldn’t be overly sad to see him leave either, which says everything really.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
And we don’t want any 29 plus year old cast offs as part of the deal either.

£160 million payable in one payment or no deal

-Supreme-

Think a lot of that depends on the faith the management have in Greenwood and possibly Gomes to step up next season, squad wise and if the faith is there, which positions they would be wishing to integrate them in.

I cant think of many potentially available number 9s at the right age....hopefully a reason why a few big clubs will consider paying relatively big for Lukaku
Greenwood / Gomes will replace some of our squad players like Mata, with Mctominay that is already looking a good fit as Herrera's replacement.

Lukaku is one of our top goal scorers so we will get a more proven striker as his replacement without a doubt.

settembrini

Madrid will need Pogba to kick up a fuss, because Woody might be an idiot but his ego won’t bow down to Spain. It would take a massive transfer to get Paul this summer.

A fee so big that United fans wouldn’t be overly sad to see him leave either, which says everything really.
The nightmare scenario is Madrid offering something ridiculous like £20m + Bale because they know how much Woodward loves bringing over the hill players to United on big wages.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Very good. He isn't a United caliber number 9 and the manager seems to prefer rashford (although I didn't agree with it in the last games). Best to Part ways
He wants to experience a different country...good, piss off! Lower tier sides in Spain and Italy might take a punt...and that's not rhyming slang

Smallings biggest fan

Apparently Sane wants out of City. He would be a great addition.

Hopefully United are not desperate to offload Lukaku. I do not think he is good enough to be a starter. And I also would like a better striker as backup than him. But if United can recover at least most of the transferfee it would be stupid not to minimum consider a sale. As long as his replacement isn't Icardi.

This would be a great team next season:

de Gea
Meunier, Alderweireld, de Ligt, Shaw
Rice
Pogba, new player
Sancho, Rashford, Sane

Bench: Romero, Smalling, Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Martial, Greenwood/new striker, Chilwell.

Extras: Henderson, Jones, Lindelof, Garner, Gomes, Chong (even though i am very doubtful about the talents of these young players), Lingard, Matic.

Last edited by a moderator:

RuudTom83

The nightmare scenario is Madrid offering something ridiculous like £20m + Bale because they know how much Woodward loves bringing over the hill players to United on big wages.
True, also Ole might get giddy about the idea of bringing “Bale” in and working with such a big name.

You just hope they are not short sighted and help RM out even more by taking their scraps.

Which goes back to having a director on the football side, someone that needed to be hired months before the summer transfer window starts! so they could veto and shit ideas.

Gomes

So we are only going to buy 3-4 players this summer but you want to sell one of our better players. Good idea. As we have seen, Martial and Rashford can easily replace him.

scots devil

If lukaku goes for the right money then fine, sort the priority positions in our team first and as long as he keeps progressing the way we all hope in 2 years it will all be about Greenwood.

In Rainbows

I don't have a problem with Lukaku's ability being our main option off the bench. The problem comes from his wages for that role. Seeing as he's still a goal scorer, someone like Inter would take him. We should sell him and recoup some of the costs and buy Jovic.

Pav1878

I can see him being a driving force in Real, despite his questionable dedication here at times. Wonder how much will they offer, surely 120M+ .. ?
It would piss me off no end if he goes there and suddenly becomes this Goliath of a midfielder, who controls games, inspires his teammates and generally becomes the player we know he can be.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
So we are only going to buy 3-4 players this summer but you want to sell one of our better players. Good idea. As we have seen, Martial and Rashford can easily replace him.
Ferguson usually had attackers with different qualities. Martial, Rashford and Lukaku offer too much of the same and we lack a striker that can hold up the ball, that is good with their back to goal and have good link-up play. We have three Andy Cole-type of attackers (with poorer movement obviously), but no Yorke or Sheringham.

Pav1878

True, also Ole might get giddy about the idea of bringing “Bale” in and working with such a big name.

You just hope they are not short sighted and help RM out even more by taking their scraps.

Which goes back to having a director on the football side, someone that needed to be hired months before the summer transfer window starts! so they could veto and shit ideas.
Pogba swap for Varane and Isco? That I might be tempted by...

Art Vandelay

True, but Lukaku has zero aerial threat too for a big guy. He can't win headers when it's pumped long to him and he is piss poor at attacking crosses
I agree on him being crap when it's pumped up to him, he seems to miss time his jumps every time for those. He is good at attacking crosses though when given decent service. His goals for Everton and Belgium show that. It's just that he also seems to be the only player we have that can put in a decent cross.

Rolaholic

Main reason why I don't buy the Zaha rumors,can't see him being keen on return

The LvG comment is funny in hindsight since Zaha's better than Lingard ever has been

Rolaholic

I'll drive him to the airport and buy his ticket to any of those destinations if legit

Feel like he'd put up huge numbers in Germany and the Farmers league

Art Vandelay

Bayern and PSG have already got better strikers and could get Werner for cheaper on less wages. Sounds like bollocks.

Zaha sounds like damage control and trying to paint the picture he was never the problem.

I can see Lukaku being effective for Bayern if they continue with their wing-play style.But first Lukaku would have to dislodge a better rounded player in Lewandowski as he's not capable ,in my view, of playing alongside him.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I can see Lukaku being effective for Bayern if they continue with their wing-play style.But first Lukaku would have to dislodge a better rounded player in Lewandowski as he's not capable ,in my view, of playing alongside him.
Lewandowski has passed his peak, they'll start looking at phasing him out soon, like they did with Robben and Ribery

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Bayern are in the process of rebuilding. Lewandowski is good, but selling him now would be a good idea to get in a younger player. I personally don't understand why they don't just get Jovic, they take most of the good players from Bundesliga anyway.

Hoof the ball

I love transfer muppet season. It's great seeing everyone post the same copy and paste hypothetical future first IX, usually comprised of whomever is the flavour of the moment. Rice, Wan-Bissaka, etc. I remember when we missed out on Ronaldinho and half the caf was convinced Damien Duff was the answer to that dilemma. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.